ST. JUDE Employee Reviews

It was a good experience
Welder (Former Employee) –  Arecibo, PR2 October 2018
I was good because i was learning. In an enviroment so competitive i was able to evolve in mi job expirience. I was also able to certified miself in a lot of procedures.
Pros
God shift
Cons
Poor managment
overall it was good to work for st jude medical
Medical assembler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN31 March 2018
It was good to work the same tasks every day and the overtime was on Friday as it was 10 hours a day four days a week so we were paid overtime in the fifth day of the week or we can get a 3 days weekend.
it was a good experience for me the only reason I wanted to work somewhere else is the hourly wage. It was 11.50$ per hour four years ago and I found another job with a higher wage.
Pros
low wage
Cons
3 days weekend and overtime
relaxed
Tester (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ26 February 2018
st jude was a relaxed easy going atmosphere that let me set my own pace. only down fall was there was no opportunity for advancement for what i went to school for, witch is to cut metal using cnc mills and lathes.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
no overtime
It was stressful
Technician (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CA20 January 2018
Its a great company, but my personal experience wasn't the best. Management was pretty bad, Jobs got pushed onto others. To much favoritism that those doing the most were neglected.
Pros
Full time position gets great health benifits
Cons
Healthcare
material Handller
Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MN15 November 2017
working with my trainer and group lead to make sure everything on the line are being set up the way it should be before the teams comes in. to make sure all the necessary materials had been set up for the shift production
Pros
free coffee
Cons
cigna
Performance Company Rating
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL21 July 2017
This is a good company with great opportunity to grouth, excellent employee relation enviroment.
Always searching for better technology and process.
Recognized for good community relation
worker participatory company
Line Operator II (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX22 August 2016
productive neat work place ,good management and all workers participant on the productive plan,good compensation for permanent workers,but not for contractors.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
it is too far from my home
Strong/Intensive interaction with Donors and Devotees
Bi-Lingual Donor Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 July 2015
Pretty much a high number of calls, updating profile information in internal computer program. I learned that working in that environment gave me a huge experience when talking to Devotees and Donors.
Management: I had the freedom to prioritize my workload at the same time- I was flexible to help other to organize and help other co-workers
The hardest, it was a extremely emotional/personal relationship with external callers/
Enjoyable, that I really developed my listening/understanding skills when interacting with the public.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Due to organization size and structure the advancement was limited
we had fun workplace and good products
Device Packaging, sewing (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MN9 May 2015
i had a every good day with everyone at work.They were very nice co-worker. I get along with everyone out there.I learned a lot of things from this company such as i got new skill with sewing and assemble components.
I loved the patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA8 May 2014
A typical day at work for me consisted in doing a little bit of everything. I had back office responsibilities like performing lab tests, taking a patient's vitals and managing inventory. I also did front office duties like scheduling appointments, verifying insurance eligibility, talking with pharmacies and setting up appointments for patients who were getting lab work elsewhere.
My co-workers were very nice and we all helped each other when we saw one of us had a lot of work to do. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was when we were told to double book patients and we would get mistreated if we didn't pass them in at their appointment time.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the patients. I like working with people and making them feel better. Doctor offices are typically not a fun place to visit and we had a lot of anxious patients. I learned that talking to them and explaining everything they should expect before going in with the doctor worked to calm their nerves. Most patients requested me to do their blood work because I made them so comfortable.
New management made bad changes
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR26 September 2013
Actually St Jude was good until new company bought the place and the condition of work started to change badly..
Good detail oriented job.
product development (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale AZ3 December 2012
Enjoy working with my hands on such an important product. Most people are good to work with. Management needs to improve. It is very hard to advance at St. Jude.
Nice company to work with
Healthcare Staffing Coordinator (On-Call) (Former Employee) –  Spring, Texas21 November 2012
A fulfilling job. I enjoy working as On-Call Staffing Coordinator with this company
Pros
good pay
Cons
no problem