St. Joseph Communications

Insights into St. Joseph Communications

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment

Great co-workers, but old management, burocracy and big employee cuts.

Great co-workers, nice work place and atmosphere, but they are constantly moving full departments of place, doing renovations, the project processes are disorganized, and are always readjusting quantity of employees. They hire by contract now, no benefits and easy to dismiss as soon as production drops in the beginning of winter. Projects need to go through several steps and a long list of approvals, creative and marketing departments are not in the same page for all projects, which slowed a lot my work performance. Old thinking management, but the potential of the place is huge.

So great!

I look back at my time with SJC very fondly. My team was amazing, welcoming from day one and really set me up for success. I recommend working here and would consider going back myself!

Great atmosphere with friendly coworkers

A great place to work. Very friendly coworkers. You can pretty much work at your own pace because you are given ample time to do the work that is required. I highly recommend working for this company.

Pros

Relaxed environment. Staff appreciation

Cons

Sometimes it's slow which makes the days longer

Creative department

Horrible management, not a race in a long time, no chance to grow professionally, toxic plac. Whoever runs the creative dep has no ide about the industry.

Pros

Cons

Do not care about employees.

Working

Unqualified executives, Great family owned business, qualified ownership management (CEO and President) very behind with digital technology. Didn’t feel any future in this company because of current managements. Loyal employees and Underpaid staffs

Pros

Family owned and operated

Cons

Unqualified executives and not current with technology

Bad

They don't fix there machinery proper such as Raymond reach. There forklift trucks constantly leak oil and they don't even clean it up. The company only cares about themselves not the employees

Stay away

Horrible horrible company with a vulgar work culture backed by incompetent people.. Never ever pays its own bills and vendors.. Stay away from this Dump..

Pros

Non

Cons

Too many to mention

Nepotism is King. No future or advancement. No reviews. No Raises

Nepotism is King here. No future or advancement, unless part of the "group". Literally, everybody else is expendable. Come, go, we don't care. No reviews ever. No Raises ever. Only value is that you get a pay cheque. No respect for employees. Work here if desperate, while looking. They chew people up & spit them out.

Pros

Nothing to overcome the cons

Cons

No respect for employees.. No reviews ever. No Raises ever.

The company had some interesting work to do

There was always something to do for a full days work. I Would pack up magazines daily. I would help print contracts every once in a while. I would pack up letters and seal them.

Toxic work environment

Approach with caution. Worst place I have ever worked. No raises in 10 years. Layoffs are frequent. Forced to take 2020 vacation time in January 2020. Lots of promises and lip service given by CEO, but reality is no respect for employees, and no investment in innovation or technology.

Great pay, lousy everything else

I worked 2 months out of a 3 month contract. 0 support, 0 guidance. Head down, work hard, 0 communication. Lots of work to accomplish, but virtually no support or feedback, unless you're in QA from designers. Then it's normal QA. Never talked to one developer on standards, yet they have all kinds, but 0 documentation, or any explanation on how to do things. Everyone worked remotely except me, and I had no feedback on what I was doing wrong, or what I could have done to get better. Old guard developers have their secret standards with 0 guidance that don't want to share how things should be done, until you're fired. With 0 explanation. Wow, great feedback, St. Joseph. I was also never given a tour, or a security pass. Just walked right in. Waste of time as a career move. But good money.

Pros

Good pay. They had a Christmas party, which was nice.

Cons

Everything. Nice people, just no one to talk to in my area.

People are wonderful

I was lucky to work with such wonderful people in my area. Don't expect any raises or even performance reviews at this company. The tools you need to do your job properly are not available to you. Very little movement if at all to progress in your career. Constant lay offs means more work placed on remaining staff with no additional pay. Expect to work overtime with no additional pay. Office morale is very low.

Used to be great

No raises in 10 years, layoffs yearly, friends of friends are kept while workers are laid off. Very top heavy with managers staying and not doing much while the front line workers are left with more and more work as people are let go. Not recommended

st joseph

good job only worked there for march break. good pay and i was treated with respect. i would recommend this job to anyone who wants to work in labor and can work hard

Pros

respected really nice people

Cons

hard work

Stacker

Managed by a bunch of Kindergarden students that have no idea what they are doing! If you are a Yes man and want to be underpaid then this is the place for you!

great people

Typical Employer / great co-workers. Great work hours and flexibility Approachable VP & GM Even though the printing industry is struggling currently SJP is working hard to find new ideas and resources to keep Print relevant.

Pros

Amazing ppl

Interesting dynamic

I learned about communications and interacting with many clients. As an individual out of University, there was a lot to absorb and people were there to help out when they needed to.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

little to no help when required

Run while you still can,,its a total hole

People in management are family and dont care about u,, they blow sunshine up your hoop. Save yourself the headache and run, someone ready to stab you in the back asap

Cons

If you have low expectation this is the place for you

Work here only if you have no where else to go and if you leave forget that you ever worked there. Just about anywhere else you will feel like you belong to a company. An employee retired from there after about 8 years of dedicated service and no one showed up to wish them well.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

No raise for 10 years

find somewhere else

If you need a job while looking for something better, then this is the place for you.What you start at is what you will finish at so negotiate high . In my job the pay was good , however they worked me to death with no support and allot of promises that won't come true.The owners are all about themselves and could care less about the employees.There are lots of great people working there, that want out ,but printing is a dying trade with no where to go.

Pros

free coffee / tea

Cons

low pay, no raises, no pension, poor benefits you pay

Office Professional

Worst company I've ever worked for. Culture is the most unprofessional/profane and biased. Hard to believe they can turn a profit. Mgmt couldn't manage a bowl of goldfish.

– 8 February 2018
Company is all family in all the upper mgmt roles, there are sisters/brothers/ nieces/nephews/grandchildren, cousins/ wives & husbands of every family member working there, you'll never get a raise, we were given a mandatory 5% decrease in pay for a year with 2 weeks unpaid vacation!! They will lay you off by telephone and don't have the guts to do it face to face... Lot of in house fighting between departments, no one really get's along.... to try to put a job thru production is a nightmare. In house work rules only pertain to certain groups or individuals, zero tolerance doesn't exist...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph Communications. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6