St. Joseph Communications

St. Joseph Communications Employee Reviews

Great co-workers, nice work place and atmosphere, but they are constantly moving full departments of place, doing renovations, the project processes are disorganized, and are always readjusting quantity of employees. They hire by contract now, no benefits and easy to dismiss as soon as production drops in the beginning of winter. Projects need to go through several steps and a long list of approvals, creative and marketing departments are not in the same page for all projects, which slowed a lot my work performance. Old thinking management, but the potential of the place is huge.
They don't fix there machinery proper such as Raymond reach. There forklift trucks constantly leak oil and they don't even clean it up. The company only cares about themselves not the employees
Horrible horrible company with a vulgar work culture backed by incompetent people.. Never ever pays its own bills and vendors.. Stay away from this Dump..
Pros
Non
Cons
Too many to mention
Nepotism is King here. No future or advancement, unless part of the "group". Literally, everybody else is expendable. Come, go, we don't care. No reviews ever. No Raises ever. Only value is that you get a pay cheque. No respect for employees. Work here if desperate, while looking. They chew people up & spit them out.
Pros
Nothing to overcome the cons
Cons
No respect for employees.. No reviews ever. No Raises ever.
There was always something to do for a full days work. I Would pack up magazines daily. I would help print contracts every once in a while. I would pack up letters and seal them.
Approach with caution. Worst place I have ever worked. No raises in 10 years. Layoffs are frequent. Forced to take 2020 vacation time in January 2020. Lots of promises and lip service given by CEO, but reality is no respect for employees, and no investment in innovation or technology.
I worked 2 months out of a 3 month contract. 0 support, 0 guidance. Head down, work hard, 0 communication. Lots of work to accomplish, but virtually no support or feedback, unless you're in QA from designers. Then it's normal QA. Never talked to one developer on standards, yet they have all kinds, but 0 documentation, or any explanation on how to do things. Everyone worked remotely except me, and I had no feedback on what I was doing wrong, or what I could have done to get better. Old guard developers have their secret standards with 0 guidance that don't want to share how things should be done, until you're fired. With 0 explanation. Wow, great feedback, St. Joseph. I was also never given a tour, or a security pass. Just walked right in. Waste of time as a career move. But good money.
Pros
Good pay. They had a Christmas party, which was nice.
Cons
Everything. Nice people, just no one to talk to in my area.
I was lucky to work with such wonderful people in my area. Don't expect any raises or even performance reviews at this company. The tools you need to do your job properly are not available to you. Very little movement if at all to progress in your career. Constant lay offs means more work placed on remaining staff with no additional pay. Expect to work overtime with no additional pay. Office morale is very low.
No raises in 10 years, layoffs yearly, friends of friends are kept while workers are laid off. Very top heavy with managers staying and not doing much while the front line workers are left with more and more work as people are let go. Not recommended
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at St. Joseph Communications?
good job only worked there for march break. good pay and i was treated with respect. i would recommend this job to anyone who wants to work in labor and can work hard
Pros
respected really nice people
Cons
hard work
Managed by a bunch of Kindergarden students that have no idea what they are doing! If you are a Yes man and want to be underpaid then this is the place for you!
Typical Employer / great co-workers. Great work hours and flexibility Approachable VP & GM Even though the printing industry is struggling currently SJP is working hard to find new ideas and resources to keep Print relevant.
Pros
Amazing ppl
I learned about communications and interacting with many clients. As an individual out of University, there was a lot to absorb and people were there to help out when they needed to.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
little to no help when required
People in management are family and dont care about u,, they blow sunshine up your hoop. Save yourself the headache and run, someone ready to stab you in the back asap
Cons
Work here only if you have no where else to go and if you leave forget that you ever worked there. Just about anywhere else you will feel like you belong to a company. An employee retired from there after about 8 years of dedicated service and no one showed up to wish them well.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No raise for 10 years
If you need a job while looking for something better, then this is the place for you.What you start at is what you will finish at so negotiate high . In my job the pay was good , however they worked me to death with no support and allot of promises that won't come true.The owners are all about themselves and could care less about the employees.There are lots of great people working there, that want out ,but printing is a dying trade with no where to go.
Pros
free coffee / tea
Cons
low pay, no raises, no pension, poor benefits you pay
Worst company I've ever worked for. Culture is the most unprofessional/profane and biased. Hard to believe they can turn a profit. Mgmt couldn't manage a bowl of goldfish.
Comment – 8 February 2018
Company is all family in all the upper mgmt roles, there are sisters/brothers/ nieces/nephews/grandchildren, cousins/ wives & husbands of every family member working there, you'll never get a raise, we were given a mandatory 5% decrease in pay for a year with 2 weeks unpaid vacation!! They will lay you off by telephone and don't have the guts to do it face to face... Lot of in house fighting between departments, no one really get's along.... to try to put a job thru production is a nightmare. In house work rules only pertain to certain groups or individuals, zero tolerance doesn't exist...
I did a two week internship for the creative photography program at humber college. Everyone was, friendly and helpful. They are very familiar with the program and filled out all the needed forms.
The company was hit hard by the decline in Sears print advertising. Was a great place to work many years ago but has been getting tough, hope they can pull it together and make it a fun place to work again.
Pros
some good people there
Cons
layoffs, no job security
Great place to work, low pressure work environment. No fluff, just keep the machines running and they leave you alone. 3 twelve-hour work days per week, day and night rotation. Once per month you get a 7 day stretch off!!! Nice people to work with, no conflict at all. Nice, climate controlled building. Shop equipment is dated, however. Overall, a very nice place to work.
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
no benefits or pension plan
Fun and easy work place but salary is not enough to make a living that's why I think its time for me to move on and share my skills somewhere else Im needed to be