ST. JOSEPH'S VILLA Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable place
Personal support worker (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 June 2018
The staff made me feel really included; their relationship with the patients is amazing. It is a really beautiful and large place where the activities prepared for the patients are fun and enjoyable.
productive
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON21 May 2018
hardest part of the job was working alone as most shifts we were short staffed, worked double shifts and worked very hard to keep the residents happy and cared for.
Pros
clean
Cons
worked hard
Fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON2 May 2018
● Assisted clients participating in the Adult Day Program
● Helped create activities to optimize each person’s physical, emotional, and intellectual well-being
● Supervised activities and meals while meeting the needs and abilities of each person
● Developed therapeutic relationships with my many clients
St. Joseph's Villa Dundas
Purchasing Agent / Administration (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON1 May 2017
Staff is very team oriented and good positive work environment.
Management needs to spend more time mentoring staff to reflect the quality of work expected.
Not a fan of LTC
Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON29 July 2016
The government really needs to expand their budget when it comes to LTC. The PSW"s run around and get too many people ready too quickly by the governments standard.
great place to work
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON17 March 2016
Great place to work, difficult to get full time though as most people typically stay until retired.
I learn a lot every day. It is definitely a rewarding experience helping others in the way that I do.
Nursing employees have unrealistic workloads with very little support.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON9 March 2016
nursing staff workloads extreme and unrealistic. Management (most) do little to support or find solutions to help nurses with workload. Never enough staff to care properly for residents.
Productive learning experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON29 February 2016
During my intern ship I have learned some key features and protocols of recreational field. Also, I have seen patients with different kinds of disabilities which gave some some idea regarding disabilities prevail in the society. The workplace was well developed and perfectly managed, excellent people to work with. Few days were really hard to work because of changing schedules but overall it's quiet a good experience.
low moral, unorganized business and management of employees
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON19 January 2016
unfortunately this work environment was not for me, management was disorganized, morale is extremely low and employees were very unhappy and under valued.
Very Busy never boring
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON8 October 2015
I work from the minute I get to work, till I leave. I like being busy so I don't mind. The residents are fun and everyday there is something different and its fun to have a few laughs, with your co-workers and residents. My residents look forward to a big hug from me.
Pros
Free supper when you do a double.
Cons
Not enough time sometimes to finish everything you like to get done
healthy working environment
RPN (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON19 August 2015
Have love working in this facility. The staff are hard working and very efficient. Management are very supportive and caring to the staff. I would have love to stay at that facility but we have no family in Sudbury.
Over-worked and loved it
Health Care Aid (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON1 May 2015
Busy environment with learning opportunities. Working with the aged is heart-warming and informative.
Good public relations with guests and families.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Difficult to lose residents
Reveiw of work at St.Joseph's Villa
Cleaner Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON16 October 2014
I really enjoyed working at St.Joseph's Villa. It was fast paced. I worked as Float. In this job I had to pay attention to detail.
I cleaned all the common areas and the lobby. Plus a lot more . Example the offices and the lunch rooms,hallways ,t.v. rooms,washrooms. Scrub walls and black marks off floors.
I would use the autoscrubber on the floors in the lunchrooms and the entrance to the buildingand also on the floors in the t.v. rooms. I would scrub the floor in the café on my hand and knees. It was a very time consuming job. I would have to follow a schedule,and allow a certain amount of time for each job. In order to fit all the jobs into the 8 hour work day.
Great staff, fun work environment
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON9 October 2014
I work here as an RN, most outstanding thing about this facility is the great staff and team work!
Management is very helpful and cares about well being of residents and staff.

Gym available for staff... Lots of fun events going on to keep staff and residents busy...

Overall, I enjoy working at St Joseph's Villa.
Pros
gym, great staff
,not safe,not paid enough for job heavy like that
Dundas, Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Dundas,On5 October 2014
,not safe,not paid enough for job heavy like that,
People with less seniority get better shifts and hours because they are connected with supervisors..
quickly get involved with the community
international student volunteer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON2 June 2014
as a new comer, talking to senior helped me on practicing my language skill.
This place had the greatest live entertainment!
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON31 May 2013
I learned how important it is for these vulnerable people to feel included and important. A typical day just flew by as there was one activity after the other! The staff there were very appreciative that I was willing to do anything to help out from providing personal care to setting up for lunch and clean up as well. I must say that my last day with this group of people was difficult, as I had grown very attatched in such a short amount of time.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
unfortunately this program is ending so no job opportunity here
I would take the pay cut and work anywhere but St. Josephs Villa, and I would Never put anyone I cared about there.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON28 March 2013
Management does Not care about the employee's at all. The hardest part is knowing the Resident's deserve so much more, but with only 2 Personal support workers to each home area, with 28 Residents, time is not always available. You bring your concerns to management and it falls on deaf ears.