ST. JOSEPH'S VILLA Employee Reviews

Horrible leadership
Administration (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON7 January 2019
Don't care about their workers whatsoever. Leaders fired all staff instead of investing time into communication. The turnover rate in all the offices is merely months.
Short Staffed & Unorganized
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON29 January 2019
Only major thing is that they're constantly short staffed in the kitchen. On the odd day that the kitchen isn't short, the PCAs or nurses are short which also puts kitchen staff behind.
Constantly going through mass hires but lose most of the new staff within weeks.
Sometimes they are scheduled short for weeks because new employees leave after a few shifts without even giving notice that they're taking leave or quitting, and don't call in to allow for scheduling to replace their shifts.
Strategies for working when they are short are unorganized and often leave workers overworked causing for more people to call in sick. Very exhausting cycle and explains why new-comers don't stay for long.
Pay was fair-ish until minimum wage went up and the employee wages weren't increased. Therefore overworked and underpayed.
Pros
Days go by fast, clean environment, awesome PCA & Nursing staff in Villa, awesome residents
Cons
Constantly short staffed, can't keep new employees, poor pay, no room to advance, ideas & opinions aren't valued by management, lots of negativity/drama between workers, odd rotations (don't get two consecutive days off)
Hardworking
Dietary Aide (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON26 August 2018
A typical shift at St. Joseph's Villa includes a timed routine. The staff are friendly but you must stay focused to get tasks done as you only have so much time.
Pros
Short hours
Loved Volunteering here!
Day Program Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON4 September 2018
Loved volunteering here, great staff in the day program, loved seeing the clients interact and helping them. Loved seeing their smiles everyday when they came in.
Productive and enjoyable place
Personal support worker (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 June 2018
The staff made me feel really included; their relationship with the patients is amazing. It is a really beautiful and large place where the activities prepared for the patients are fun and enjoyable.
productive
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON21 May 2018
hardest part of the job was working alone as most shifts we were short staffed, worked double shifts and worked very hard to keep the residents happy and cared for.
Pros
clean
Cons
worked hard
Fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON2 May 2018
● Assisted clients participating in the Adult Day Program
● Helped create activities to optimize each person’s physical, emotional, and intellectual well-being
● Supervised activities and meals while meeting the needs and abilities of each person
● Developed therapeutic relationships with my many clients
great teamwork
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON28 February 2018
very nice establishment. everyone works as a team, and provide care to residents to the best of our ability in the time allotted. i have seen many different types of dementia in my years working for this company. i have went to a gentle persuasion program to better my understanding in how to work with residents with dementia. the hardest part of my job is having to put my emotions aside when dealing with people who's family members don't come visit and i have to be there for them for support. It is also very hard to see residents decline fast and watching people pass away when you have grown close to them and their families. The best part of my job is knowing i am there to help them with their everyday activities, teaching them ways to become independant again, or at least come very close to independence.
Cons
short staff alot
St. Joseph's Villa Dundas
Purchasing Agent / Administration (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON1 May 2017
Staff is very team oriented and good positive work environment.
Management needs to spend more time mentoring staff to reflect the quality of work expected.
Great staff, fun work environment
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON9 October 2014
I work here as an RN, most outstanding thing about this facility is the great staff and team work!
Management is very helpful and cares about well being of residents and staff.

Gym available for staff... Lots of fun events going on to keep staff and residents busy...

Overall, I enjoy working at St Joseph's Villa.
Pros
gym, great staff
Nursing employees have unrealistic workloads with very little support.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON9 March 2016
nursing staff workloads extreme and unrealistic. Management (most) do little to support or find solutions to help nurses with workload. Never enough staff to care properly for residents.
I would take the pay cut and work anywhere but St. Josephs Villa, and I would Never put anyone I cared about there.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON28 March 2013
Management does Not care about the employee's at all. The hardest part is knowing the Resident's deserve so much more, but with only 2 Personal support workers to each home area, with 28 Residents, time is not always available. You bring your concerns to management and it falls on deaf ears.
healthy working environment
RPN (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON19 August 2015
Have love working in this facility. The staff are hard working and very efficient. Management are very supportive and caring to the staff. I would have love to stay at that facility but we have no family in Sudbury.
low moral, unorganized business and management of employees
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON19 January 2016
unfortunately this work environment was not for me, management was disorganized, morale is extremely low and employees were very unhappy and under valued.
Very Busy never boring
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON8 October 2015
I work from the minute I get to work, till I leave. I like being busy so I don't mind. The residents are fun and everyday there is something different and its fun to have a few laughs, with your co-workers and residents. My residents look forward to a big hug from me.
Pros
Free supper when you do a double.
Cons
Not enough time sometimes to finish everything you like to get done
quickly get involved with the community
international student volunteer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON2 June 2014
as a new comer, talking to senior helped me on practicing my language skill.
,not safe,not paid enough for job heavy like that
Dundas, Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Dundas,On5 October 2014
,not safe,not paid enough for job heavy like that,
People with less seniority get better shifts and hours because they are connected with supervisors..
Not a fan of LTC
Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON29 July 2016
The government really needs to expand their budget when it comes to LTC. The PSW"s run around and get too many people ready too quickly by the governments standard.
Over-worked and loved it
Health Care Aid (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON1 May 2015
Busy environment with learning opportunities. Working with the aged is heart-warming and informative.
Good public relations with guests and families.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Difficult to lose residents
great place to work
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON17 March 2016
Great place to work, difficult to get full time though as most people typically stay until retired.
I learn a lot every day. It is definitely a rewarding experience helping others in the way that I do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ST. JOSEPH'S VILLA. Our community is ready to answer.

ST. JOSEPH'S VILLA Reviews by Location