St. Joseph's Hospital

St. Joseph's Hospital Employee Reviews

Good nursing practice on an in-patient nephrology unit. Staff is knowledgable and easy to get along with. Very good opportunity to practice a variety of nursing skills.
A well respected Hamilton acute care hospital offering an array of inpatient and out patient programs with a devotion to those who were under priviledged in our community.
Pros
Exceptional patient care programs
Cons
no room for career growth.
I enjoyed starting my career here. I worked in a busy and fast paced unit. There were many opportunities to learn and grow. Worked with really great colleagues.
loved my job at st. joseph's hospital,,very rewarding job, the only reason I left is to move to timmins ontario. This is a very clean, supportive place to work, a great facility
Pros
interact with the elderly, many friendships
Cons
I am never in any doubt whether my organization cares about its patients. Every day, I see staff from every department strive to make St. Joseph's Hospital a reassuring and comforting place to be.
Pros
Very community oriented
A typical day at work was always busy, but organized. This is where I learned all of my nursing skills. Management and co-workers were very supportive and just full information that was very helpful in honing in on my nursing skills. The most enjoyable part of my position there was meeting the family members and loved ones of the client and, as you are aware, palliative care is as individual as the client them selves, so, over time, you really get to know the client and family. The hardest part of this position was the long hours.
St. Joes is a clean place that has hard working staff. The facility is well equip though can be a little difficult to get around as it is a little confusing.
On a typical day at work , I show up at least 15 minutes before time to check my assignments, go through my kardex and prioritize what has to be done for the day . I learned how to keep information confidential, how to be a team player and the ups and downs of the job and how to adapt positively. My co -workers have been exceptionally helpful, the hardest part of the job to me is calling a family to inform them about a love one's passing. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your patients get back to their normal adl's.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at St. Joseph's Hospital?