St. Joseph's Hospital

St. Joseph's Hospital Management reviews

Clear

Good place to work if nursing staff are not involved

I had one department with all the best nurses but in another it was a totally different story. Nurses are in union, do as little as possible and are catty with staff and each other. If the department is heavy on "team" mentality this is usually much better. It just depends on where you are in hospital.

Awful place to work

Unqualified management, punitive work environment, devaluing of employees, high stress atmosphere, top heavy management structure, poor job security especially for part timers, pay rate lower than most hospitals. Massive budget shortages resulting in job losses for front line staff while not a single manager or director lost their job. Possibly one of the worst job experiences I’ve ever had.

Excellent Working Environment

Overall satisfied with the outpatient rehabilitation department. Great team environment as well as great management. Only downside is the Paroll department. They take too long to respond and certain things do not get done properly.

Tense Place to Work

Like any workplace, the environment can get tense. I worked at the West 5th campus, and my co-workers were not great to say the least. Very tense place to work, the only up side of it was the patients who welcome you like family. That being said, a lot of the administrative staff is amazing and welcoming. It's mostly the medical staff that are horrid and entitled (doctors, nurses, occupational therapists). Management basically has control of nothing, they're all run by the people above them. I felt terror before every day working here. Good luck with this place.

great

great place to work. great office. management is great. great entry level position with room for advancement. great incentives to reach target. flexible hours.

terrible staff and management

not much to say, worst place i have ever worked. poor management rude and abusive staff no team work over worked just bad i do not have anything else to say

Pros

no pros

Cons

language barriers...staff speaking native language, which is not allowed

Enjoyable place to work.

A typical day at work was always busy, but organized. This is where I learned all of my nursing skills. Management and co-workers were very supportive and just full information that was very helpful in honing in on my nursing skills. The most enjoyable part of my position there was meeting the family members and loved ones of the client and, as you are aware, palliative care is as individual as the client them selves, so, over time, you really get to know the client and family. The hardest part of this position was the long hours.