St. Joseph's Hospital

St. Joseph's Hospital Employee Reviews for Student Nurse

Found 1 review matching the search
I worked in a fast paced urgent care center with patient turnover of over 100 patients per day. Some of the common medical issues seen were wound care and skin infections, oncological and immunological issues, pregnancy issues, cardiac issues with ECG, respiratory issues requiring oxygen therapy, stroke, fractures, ocular and retinal issues, and pediatric care. Treated a wide age range of patients from newborn to elderly. I performed administrative duties including triaging and discharging patients. I assisted in a variety of non-invasive surgeries including reduction, wound suction, and casting. I administered medications as required. A main task was providing health education to patients. My preceptors were very supportive of me and very focused of my learning. The hardest part was being exposed to some cases I wasn't familiar with but I was very lucky to work with experienced nurses. They were very easy to approach and very helpful. The most enjoyable part was being exposed to variety of nursing issues; I always come home with new skills!