St. Joseph's Hospital

St. Joseph's Hospital Employee Reviews for Assistant

Found 1 review matching the search
You'd get there and be given report to help prepare you for your shift. I learned how well I work on my own as well as in groups with different individuals on a daily basis. I was able to manage my time well once I had a routine of my own. Overall my coworkers were friendly and approachable. Hardest part of my job was when I had to help families through the tough process/experience of losing their loved one. I have had to help the funeral homes in my area place the bodies of many of the residents I have taken care of over the last two years. You are told not to get attached to these people, and as much as you don't think you are it always sneaks up on you how much they made you happy to be at work. They were the reason I kept going back to work. I was there to help them, and it made me feel good about myself and felt accomplished. The most enjoyable part was spending time with the residents when I could and had a true conversation with them, as though they were my own family. I sat there and genuinely listened to their concerns or their life story. You learn so much more about the person you are taking care of when you simply take a few minutes of your day to just sit with them. You may think you don't have time to do this but there is always time.
Pros
Friendly residents
Cons
Too much gossip among coworkers. Made me uncomfortable and unwelcome, and did not feel comfortable opening up to my colleagues regarding personal matters.