St. Joseph's Hospital

St. Joseph's Hospital Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

Good nursing practice on an in-patient nephrology unit. Staff is knowledgable and easy to get along with. Very good opportunity to practice a variety of nursing skills.
an ok place to work, fast paced...good people to work with, union, good pay and a well known hospital with excellent doctors. Close to everything, excellent emerg
The lab is full of friendly people to work with and very knowledgable individuals whom you get to learn a lot from. The environment is positive and not distracting so everyone is fairly productive.
Unqualified management, punitive work environment, devaluing of employees, high stress atmosphere, top heavy management structure, poor job security especially for part timers, pay rate lower than most hospitals. Massive budget shortages resulting in job losses for front line staff while not a single manager or director lost their job. Possibly one of the worst job experiences I’ve ever had.
helpful position directing visitors and patients to rooms and sections of the hospital. Nurses were nice and made volunteering a nice experience and a fun one
Like any workplace, the environment can get tense. I worked at the West 5th campus, and my co-workers were not great to say the least. Very tense place to work, the only up side of it was the patients who welcome you like family. That being said, a lot of the administrative staff is amazing and welcoming. It's mostly the medical staff that are horrid and entitled (doctors, nurses, occupational therapists). Management basically has control of nothing, they're all run by the people above them. I felt terror before every day working here. Good luck with this place.
I engaged in patient transfer from the main doors to the Dialysis room. Talking and learning to engage with mostly elderly people helped to really engage my compassion and willingness to care for others. The hardest part was when a regular would no longer show up. But knowing that I had at some point put a smile on their face from out small 2 minute conversations made me feel like i had an impact in making their life better, even if it was just for a little bit.
typical day, very fast-paced, acute, and busy, but very friendly staff, good atmosphere between multi-disciplinary team members, excellent cohesion and collaboration.
A well respected Hamilton acute care hospital offering an array of inpatient and out patient programs with a devotion to those who were under priviledged in our community.
Pros
Exceptional patient care programs
Cons
no room for career growth.
I am never in any doubt whether my organization cares about its patients. Every day, I see staff from every department strive to make St. Joseph's Hospital a reassuring and comforting place to be.
Pros
Very community oriented