St. Joseph's Hospital

St. Joseph's Hospital Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

I am having a wonderful experiences

Working for stjoes is so much fun, so many new things, I worked over six years in nursing home, and I am so happy that I decided to quit and look for something better, and I found it

Hard place to work but fulfilling

Working at St Joseph's hospital was wonderful in so many ways. I enjoyed that it was an educational institution. There was always a staff shortage no matter what unit I worked on. Many managers are absolutely fabulous with a couple bad ones thrown in here and there for variety. I spent decades at this hospital and was glad I invested my nursing life in this place.

Pros

Staff cohesion

Cons

Poor raises, insufficiently staffed chronically

Great people.

Great place to work. The institution strives to help you in your career. You grow as the company grows. Educational opportunities help you along the career path to grow.

Team work

Your peers are always willing to jump in and help out. Some people like call and are willing to take up your call if you want to give it away. There is also "stay late" call that is required.

Pros

Free onsite parking, gym, free meals on special occasions

Cons

Call, short staffed, not enough full time staff. Lot's of travelers.

Fair.

I worked my tail to the bone every day, but I never felt like my work was appreciated. If I wasn't as fast as other workers, management made me feel like I was slacking. A lot of cliques. It felt like I was back in high schoo again.

Overall great place to work

Overall great place to work. However, in my department I had co workers that were stealing, were verbally abusive and threatening to others and not doing their job so I many of us had more work to do, the supervisors do not care, address or resolve any issues.

Pros

good overall atmosphere

Cons

poor management

Shifts are long but great for work-life balance

Three 12 hour shifts allows you to have four days a week off for more life balance. EMORY now runs the hospital which adds even more outstanding management and care.

Pros

Hours

Cons

No path for promotion

Teamwork

Everyone in the rehab company where I worked exhibited such great teamwork. I had an awesome manager who was extremely communicative, supportive and understanding. This was my first job after graduating from college and I loved it. During the time of my employment at St. Joseph’s (1996-2003), they offered terrific benefits as well. Great first experience after graduating!

Team members are like family; profit sharing

Among the top 100 companies to work for. In every aspect Baycare is a fantastic place to work for. from the mission statements to execution of programs, the best!

Pros

Service incentive awards

Cons

Night shifts

Poor management

A great place to learn. With policies and procedures where the RT has complete control over ventilation and oxygenation. The only thing that is lacking is direction from management. If you have a question about policy or procedures with covid19 patients, management just gives you the run around. No definitive answers. And god forbid you call in. They will fire you on the spot. If you look for another job, while working there, they'll give poor reviews just to keep you on staff. But all in all, a great learning experience, but only for a year or two

Pros

Learning experience

Cons

Just about everything else

Overall Great Experience

Great place to work. Department works well as a team. No call required. You get to meet many great patients. Opportunity to get experience with inpatients, outpatients, and procedures. Techs and radiologist are more than happy to educate you further.

Pleasant work environment, warm, supportive coworkers and management

I love working at St Joseph's Hospital. Friendly, caring atmosphere. Steady interesting work. Supportive management. Relaxed atmosphere making it more conducive to completing tasks without stress

Great People but not enough staff

I loved working at St. Joseph's but there are hurdles and politics to get through in order to get promoted. Workload is 4 times what it should be. Long term employees are prevalent.

Team members are horrible to each other. Constant gossiping.

● OverallMy experience working at St. Joseph's Hospital being in middle management there was no support from upper management. Team members were rude to each other and constantly gossiping amongst each other. At joes ER Registration staff was HORRIBLE AND HATEFUL.

Underpaid and overworked.

Ever since the hospital was bought by Trinity Health, it's all about the bottom line. Never missed a day and worked hundreds of hours of unpaid overtime only to get laid off when Covid-19 hit.

Cons

Enriching, an amazing night team!

As a new nurse I received an amazing orientation and education. I worked in the mental health crisis unit while in school and their substance abuse facility. Once I rec'd my LPN I worked on the Cardiac Progressive Care Unit and became the charge nurse after I obtained my RN. I then transferred to their home health department and back to the hospital setting on the float team. Amazing people and amazing opportunity! I still have contact with many of my coworkers and it's been like 10 years since I moved away! The policies and practices were sound. Our patients were diverse and loving.

Pros

Cafeteria open late

Very supportive and kind

Great place to work, pay in Florida sucks for full time permanent employment but, the people make it worth your while. Management supportive but, the ones that I worked under are no longer there.

Pros

Kind and happy environment

Cons

Pace can be too fast for some employees

Organized management and good place to work

For the most part organized and a good place to work. Great staff to work with that harbored a great team environment. Because of COVID, became more unorganized.

The hospital as a whole has a very rich history of caring and nurturing the community. Unfortunately the department I worked in was poorly managed.

I loved St. Joseph's Hospital as a whole, and their mission and values. I was proud to say that I worked there. Unfortunately though, the department (Special Procedures/Interventional Radiology), I was recruited into was very poorly managed and overlooked entirely by upper administration. Communication was so poor in not only regards to passing along vital information, but in the delivery. The lead tech was very rude and spent most of her time telling me something as she was walking away, with her back to me. I'd always sort of scoffed at the idea of workplace bullying until I experienced it there. I was never truly comfortable. Middle level management was absent and the employees who were put in charge roles within the department, lacked leadership and necessary communication skills to keep patients safe. My ongoing concerns on these matters were taken up the chain of command and zero was done to remedy the situation. If I would've stayed at St. Joe's I was going to ask for a transfer to the ICU/CCU. Every other unit and department I came into contact with was very organized, pleasant to communicate with and I always felt comfortable handing my patients off to them, knowing they would be well taken care of. Don't let my review spoil St. Joseph's. This was only one department in the whole hospital. Like I said, the whole rest of the hospital seemed to me, to live by their mission statement and every coworker, from housekeeping and dietary aides to the nurses, lab techs, physicians, patient transporters, and everyone in between, treated each other with respect and -

Pros

Mission and Values align with the 7 Corporal Works of Mercy, Management calls every employee "coworker" to show respect and equal value to the organization

Cons

Poor communication within the depart., lack of leadership, allowed rude behavior and bullying within the IR

Love the hospital setting

The workers are great and love what they do They build team and get results Working together can be less stressful Expressing yourself and showing your opinion is a must it may help the unit

Pros

Love the people I work with

Cons

lack of supplies at times

It was good

It was amazing I had a lot of fun working there. I got a lot of experience and if I ever have the chance to do it again I certainly would. Summer went by so fast working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement