St. Joseph's Hospital
St. Joseph's Hospital Employee Review

Where I learned the most!

19 August 2016
I worked in a fast paced urgent care center with patient turnover of over 100 patients per day. Some of the common medical issues seen were wound care and skin infections, oncological and immunological issues, pregnancy issues, cardiac issues with ECG, respiratory issues requiring oxygen therapy, stroke, fractures, ocular and retinal issues, and pediatric care. Treated a wide age range of patients from newborn to elderly. I performed administrative duties including triaging and discharging patients. I assisted in a variety of non-invasive surgeries including reduction, wound suction, and casting. I administered medications as required. A main task was providing health education to patients. My preceptors were very supportive of me and very focused of my learning. The hardest part was being exposed to some cases I wasn't familiar with but I was very lucky to work with experienced nurses. They were very easy to approach and very helpful. The most enjoyable part was being exposed to variety of nursing issues; I always come home with new skills!
5.0Job security/advancement
16 May 2020
Nephrology Unit - RPN Practicum (Former Employee) - Hamilton, ON
Good nursing practice on an in-patient nephrology unit. Staff is knowledgable and easy to get along with. Very good opportunity to practice a variety of nursing skills.
4 March 2020
USSP (Current Employee) - Hamilton, ON
an ok place to work, fast paced...good people to work with, union, good pay and a well known hospital with excellent doctors. Close to everything, excellent emerg
3 March 2020
Student Research Assistant (Current Employee) - Hamilton, ON
The lab is full of friendly people to work with and very knowledgable individuals whom you get to learn a lot from. The environment is positive and not distracting so everyone is fairly productive.