ST. JOSEPH'S HOME CARE Employee Reviews

Finally found a decent healthcare agency to work in.
Home Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 August 2017
St. Joe's Home Care is one of the best agencies I've ever worked for. At the heart of what makes this company function so well is the underlying integrity and compassion that starts from the management team all the way to front line staff. It's been refreshing to come into a work environment that is overall healthy and staff members feel wanted and a part of a team. Everyone seems to care about the clients first and that's what makes working here such a joy.
Pros
Happy work culture that welcomes new ideas and cares deeply about staff and clients.
Cons
The pay isn't that great but again, the spirit of the organization makes this downside okay.
Awesome
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 November 2016
Management, hours, salary is great. Its so nice to feel like you work with family. I love working with the nurses, office staff and clients. Great team!
Excellent Agency to work for
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 June 2016
I did love to work for this agency, and hope that I will get the opportunity to work for them again. I stop working for st. Joseph's home care because of an injury( not work related) and I started going back to school. Excellent management team, very caring and understanding.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
long hours but didn't mind
Loved St Joseph's Home Care
Server/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 May 2015
Great employees and overall great place to work. I got free lunches on my breaks because I was in the dining room. Amazing CEO.
Pros
Non Profit Organization
Cons
Long Hours
I enjoy working with the elderly ,they like me too
Cook/Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Hamilton ON First Place1 July 2013
we have 2 kitchens and I cook and serve in both dining rooms.
I prefer the assisted living unit because its more personal and you get the same residents daily .My co workers are great we all work hard and we are all reliable. I think the hardest part is breakfast on the ALU I have to cook and serve breakfast to over 40 residents and there is no set menu at breakfast. I enjoy seeing them happy so I do my best!
talking to the elderly was the highlight of the day
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 January 2013
going into the homes of the elderly and helping them out. Cleaning their homes and doing what they wanted done or really needed done. but most of all is listening to the stories they had to tell you of their life they lived, places they have been. the hardest part of the job is how their families treat them,