St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton Employee Reviews

Excellent employer
Dovetale Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 May 2018
They are kind and respectful towards their employees. They have a professional approach, and personal kindness. I didn't have any issues with working for this employer. I enjoyed everything they had to offer.
Pros
A lot of training, and new skills provided continuously
Cons
No parking, 6 year waiting list
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Charlton Campus - Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 May 2018
Excellent organization to work with - plenty of areas for continued growth. I have worked in 5 different healthcare organizations and St Joe's by far is the front runner.
good workplace
Student Nurse - GI Surgical (Former Employee) –  Charlton30 April 2018
good place to work, lots of friendly staff and many places to advance within your career. somewhat demanding but overall pretty good, often found extra time for documenting.
Positive Culture Overall
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 April 2018
I have worked at SJHH for the past 7 years. I have had the opportunity to work on 9 different units/clinics between West 5th and Charlton campuses. The majority of the places were positive working environments, had great management and great staff. Parking is expensive, at Charlton there is a long waiting list 5+ years. More part time jobs than full time but overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Unionized, Good Pay, Stability
Cons
Expensive (hard to find) Parking. Lack of full time jobs.
Healthcare Assistant
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 March 2018
one on one monitoring for patients who are violent or need constant close monitoring such as fall risks, floating on busy units, or work accommodations for injured nurses.
Intense work that was also very rewarding
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 March 2018
Work with data to analyze and interpret hospital data. Helped build the patient information system from scratch. I learned how to interact with stakeholders, how behind the scenes of a hospital works and how to build macros in excel. The workplace culture was built around mindfulness and wellness but the work was also very intense.
Productive ,fast paced location
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 February 2018
Excellent work timings that provided a sufficient work life balance .
Amazing place to learn and grow , with friendly staff and co-workers.
Good Managers who taught me a lot.
Dovetale Support
Dovetale Support Analyst - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 January 2018
There were things that could have been done before Go live, from my past project management experiences, but overall it was good. The staff hired all get along and supported each other in switching shifts when needed.
Fantastic.
Public Relations and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 January 2018
St. Joseph's has a great culture of like-minded and hard-working people. I always enjoyed going in in the morning and always felt like I was doing something different , which isn't always easy to find.
Productive and fun workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 November 2017
The workplace is well maintained and the employees are friendly. The clients are nice too, they're easy to please. The management cares for employees and clients. They also benefits for the full time employees.
Pros
The short shift is good for students like me, because you only have to work every shift.
Cons
Limited schedules for short shifts.
hospital wage
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 September 2017
fast paced, hospital wage, fair benefits, not a lot of opportunity for growth or advancement, shift work, at times management support is lacking, support from co-staff is great for the most part
It's always a pleasure to work at the hospital
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 August 2017
Management are very supportive, staff works together as a TEAM. love working 12 hours shift. Learn different units and oriented with different hospital settings.
Pros
Availability are given based on the available shift and hours of choice
Cons
Wages should increase
secretary
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 June 2017
learned various tasks beginning out of high school, working in personnel department, audio visual department, learned photography, learned how to become a member of work force
Clear job expectations
Temporary Clerk - Patient Information (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 April 2017
I enjoy going into a job that has clear expectations. I challenge myself to leave my desk clear every night. To accomplish all that I can every shift. Although my training exceeds the role expectations there is significant satisfaction in completing the job.
Cons
Lack of available, inexpensive parking
Excellent Place to Work with a Remarkable and Supportive Staff
Full-time Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 February 2017
I have been working at this hospital for several years now and can report a high level of satisfaction overall with the job itself, pay, and wonderful staff members.

The recent cutbacks to the hospital has unfortunately affected many departments; however, I am certain that our group will adjust to the changes and come out stronger as a result.

I am proud to be part of this hospital.
Pros
Great Staff, Great Pay
Cons
Restructuring uncertainty
Alright
Crisis Intervention Worker (Former Employee) –  Off site5 February 2017
I enjoyed many years in my career until new management changed things up for the worse in a program that was running like a well oiled machine. I was one of almost an entire program of individuals who were weeded out. And in true hospital fashion, only 4 months after being let go, jobs are being posted for a position I was and am more than qualified for. They will pay people out on severance and then hire newbies - great use of our healthcare system dollars.
I did appreciate many good years there though. I loved the salary and benefits and my team was great!
Pros
Move up quickly on the pay grid
Cons
Being heard by anyone in management
Great benefits
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  LTC9 January 2017
Been working here for 8 years. Used to work in float team and loved it. Most coworkers are nice and helpful. Benefits are great. Pay is good. Have to pay a ridiculous amount for monthly parking.
productive work enviorment
Intake Cousellor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 December 2016
the staff and mgmt. are well rounded in the field of helping with the clients that are looking to help themselves with the issues that have brought them to the facility as they are given the chance through programs offered with the counselors and staff
Pros
the staff is excellent
Cons
some staff are to abrubt with clients needs
Inclusive environment dedicated to the well-being of it's patients
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 December 2016
St. Joseph's healthcare is a welcoming, inclusive environment with incredible staff dedicated to promoting positive mental health among it's patients.
No comments
Network Systems / Desktop Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 December 2016
Average employer.
Busy and fast paced work environment.
Job work / life not balanced.
Great learning / teaching organization