St. Joseph's Health Care Employee Reviews

Good benefits but poor management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON22 August 2018
Busy hospital office environment but management is poor. Workplace culture is not very good. A lot of pettiness and the management ruled by fear which did not make for a healthy workplace environment,

On the other hand salary and benefits are generally quite good.
Excellent place to work
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 August 2018
I very much enjoyed my nursing career with SJHC. My Clerk role in last 2 years was the opposite response from management due to my gender (not female)
Pros
Great pension, Work environment, education, income and support
Cons
Gender biased in the role as Clerk if you are not female
Rpn
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 August 2018
Provided nursing care along with medication to patients. provided patients with palliative care/comfort measures. admininstered medication. Initated IV insertion, foley catheters
Great place to work for work/life balance
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 July 2018
People get paid more at LHSC but the work culture (from what I hear) is much better here at SJHC. The organization leaders live by the words Respect, Excellence, and Compassion which makes it a great place to work
Pros
flexible hours, good location
Cons
Can't think of any
Great Workplace
Primary Care Partner (Rehabilitation) (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 July 2018
Good environment, great people. Fair workload. Friendly management. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with different people and learning new techniques and information on Stroke, Amputee and Spinal Cord Rehab.
no casual positions for RPN
RPN (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 July 2018
enjoy the work but expectations for availability is difficult,
pay is competitive
enjoy the patients and families
hardest part is time management
good workplace culture
SJHH is a great place to work with great people and great culture.
Manager Medical Device Reprocessing (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 April 2018
The organization is regularly looking to advance innovation with the help of the front line. It is all about the patient experience and how we can help them have the best journey possible.
easy work, bad enviroment
Building equipment operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 April 2018
not a good place to work with the politics. The environment was not safe. For the most part the job was easy and the pay was moderate. This is a great job for anyone starting to retire.
Great place to work.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 April 2018
Great place to work and I enjoy the staff and all the educational opportunities. Close to home, I love my department and all the staff .
I really feel St.Joseph's makes a huge positive impact on the community.
Pros
Close to home
Interesting Work
Administrative Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 January 2018
Always interesting and friendly. Management needs work though. There are so many different opportunities to work in various areas of the hospital. Every days brings a new challenge.
Stressful
Security (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 January 2018
Violence in Healthcare is dramatically increased
Dangerous to work here
The corporate climate is poor and the senior leadership are out of touch with front line staff
Benefits
Cons
Dangerous
Overall a great company to work for.
RPN (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2018
Working in Mental health was quite a challenging career, but very satisfying as well. I had lots of opportunities to further skills pertaining to mental health.
Friendly, caring staff
Central Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 January 2018
I have made a lot of good friends at St.Joseph's and have had the opportunity to learn a lot as well. I have been lucky enough to train in several departments and improve my skills with each one.
Pros
people
Cons
hours
productive environment
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 November 2017
St josephs was a great environment to learn skills and gain practical health care skills, I definitely recommend anyone who loves working in the geriatrics field to pursue a career and job placement at this facility, down fall there wasn't much room to grow in career choices, hours were slim and working to gain sonority was difficult for a single mother.
Pros
gain skill sets
Cons
fight for hours
A great place to work with the ability to balance work and home life
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON27 November 2017
Friendly and helpful co-workers and staff, always willing to work together to help make the day smoother. This hospital strives to maintain high standards and it shows.
Enjoyed working at St. Joseph's Health Care London
Urgent Care Centre, Clinical Reception Assistant. (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 October 2017
I was there for over 25 years and saw many changes. The changes were not all positive but overall it was an awesome place to work. I would like to work for them in the future just not in the position that I was in. Some decisions in my department were not beneficial for the employees and there was not a lot of give and take as far as what the shifts were which was a definite negative.
very well organized,friendly staff and flexible in many ways
patient transporter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
i will be 10 months in st.joseph's health centre soon.this is the best and great experiences for me in how to deal with people especially with the patients.the passion,the care and the entertainment that i've been providing to them is always successful.with this,i build a lot of confidence,a lot of knowledge and most of all of becoming a friend to everyone not only to the staff but with the patients too.thank you st.joseph's!
Cons
extra hours
Great experience
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 September 2017
Contract opportunity learned new skills and left on my own most days. Great co-workers, helpful geninue, given responsibilities to restructure and organize a department that had fallen into a bit of disarray as previous applicant was on stress leave. Able to work betwen sites and participate and organize training
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
contract work through agency making it difficult to secure permanent
Amazing
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 September 2017
I loved working for this company, have nothing but good things to say. All the people were amazing and I learned a tonne. Great working environment, face paced and everyone is willing to help each other out.
Great Place
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON26 August 2017
Great place to work. Lots of opportunity to grow and learn. Great co-workers. I would recommend this employer to individuals who seek an career with an amazing organization.