St. Joseph's Health Care Employee Reviews

easy work, bad enviroment
Building equipment operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 April 2018
not a good place to work with the politics. The environment was not safe. For the most part the job was easy and the pay was moderate. This is a great job for anyone starting to retire.
Great place to work.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 April 2018
Great place to work and I enjoy the staff and all the educational opportunities. Close to home, I love my department and all the staff .
I really feel St.Joseph's makes a huge positive impact on the community.
Pros
Close to home
Interesting Work
Administrative Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 January 2018
Always interesting and friendly. Management needs work though. There are so many different opportunities to work in various areas of the hospital. Every days brings a new challenge.
Stressful
Security (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 January 2018
Violence in Healthcare is dramatically increased
Dangerous to work here
The corporate climate is poor and the senior leadership are out of touch with front line staff
Benefits
Cons
Dangerous
Overall a great company to work for.
RPN (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2018
Working in Mental health was quite a challenging career, but very satisfying as well. I had lots of opportunities to further skills pertaining to mental health.
Friendly, caring staff
Central Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 January 2018
I have made a lot of good friends at St.Joseph's and have had the opportunity to learn a lot as well. I have been lucky enough to train in several departments and improve my skills with each one.
Pros
people
Cons
hours
productive environment
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 November 2017
St josephs was a great environment to learn skills and gain practical health care skills, I definitely recommend anyone who loves working in the geriatrics field to pursue a career and job placement at this facility, down fall there wasn't much room to grow in career choices, hours were slim and working to gain sonority was difficult for a single mother.
Pros
gain skill sets
Cons
fight for hours
A great place to work with the ability to balance work and home life
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON27 November 2017
Friendly and helpful co-workers and staff, always willing to work together to help make the day smoother. This hospital strives to maintain high standards and it shows.
Enjoyed working at St. Joseph's Health Care London
Urgent Care Centre, Clinical Reception Assistant. (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 October 2017
I was there for over 25 years and saw many changes. The changes were not all positive but overall it was an awesome place to work. I would like to work for them in the future just not in the position that I was in. Some decisions in my department were not beneficial for the employees and there was not a lot of give and take as far as what the shifts were which was a definite negative.
very well organized,friendly staff and flexible in many ways
patient transporter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
i will be 10 months in st.joseph's health centre soon.this is the best and great experiences for me in how to deal with people especially with the patients.the passion,the care and the entertainment that i've been providing to them is always successful.with this,i build a lot of confidence,a lot of knowledge and most of all of becoming a friend to everyone not only to the staff but with the patients too.thank you st.joseph's!
Cons
extra hours
Great experience
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 September 2017
Contract opportunity learned new skills and left on my own most days. Great co-workers, helpful geninue, given responsibilities to restructure and organize a department that had fallen into a bit of disarray as previous applicant was on stress leave. Able to work betwen sites and participate and organize training
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
contract work through agency making it difficult to secure permanent
Amazing
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 September 2017
I loved working for this company, have nothing but good things to say. All the people were amazing and I learned a tonne. Great working environment, face paced and everyone is willing to help each other out.
Great Place
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON26 August 2017
Great place to work. Lots of opportunity to grow and learn. Great co-workers. I would recommend this employer to individuals who seek an career with an amazing organization.
workplace
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 August 2017
i loved working there I don't believe in there morals and how they conduct issues
I overall enjoyed the friendships I had made and my pts but there are some lines of communication between hearsay and others
Professional workplace
Pension & Benefit Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 July 2017
Productive work environment with lots of opportunity to grow. Professional seminars were offered regularly. Wonderful work colleagues. Paying for parking was expensive onsite
Dietary aide at St.Joe's
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 June 2017
very fast paced environment, it makes you learn how to manage time effectively and communicate with people on a daily basis. Very good exposure to different therapeutic diets.
Pros
friendly environment
My day started at 8:00-4:00 (Weekends off) and all holidays
Switchboard Operator/Healthrecords/Transportation (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 June 2017
I would start at 8:00 and finished at 4:00
I have learned that working in a hospital environment you have to be curtious, respectful and have patients. I have learned to be humble, as I am very blessed for the job I had and my health. There is a lot of people out there that are very unfortunate. My motto is, "you get what you give".
Management was good, as long as you do your job, no one bothers you.
The hardest part of my job was seeing the reality of people who are unfortunate and knowing that I am very lucky in a lot of ways.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing at the end of the day I did a good job and completed my day feeling happy and content.
Pros
Good benefits and a decent pay.
Cons
Our raises were very small, but I'm not complaining. At least it was something.
Amazing co-workers
Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, ON31 May 2017
Co-workers are super friendly and helpful, working with them makes the most enjoyable part of my job. I love my job because no day is ever the same. Each day I am presented with new challenges and situations, which really helps me to stay focused and interested.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  London Ontario31 May 2017
Well organized,,expectations laid out clearly, abundant learning
opportunities , understanding management...job tasks can be
demanding, working with challenging behaviours/ demented patients/ primary care involved but very rewarding and fulfilling work experience
Pros
good work team atmosphere
Cons
12 hour shifts
Productive and enjoyable
Nursing Unit Clerk/Back Up Scheduler (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 May 2017
A typical day would be answering the phones and call bells. Processing Doctors' orders, helping the nurses when needed, booking patient transportation, faxing referrals. I learned that you need to speak up when you feel you are being taken advantage of, especially when you go above and beyond to try and help someone out. Management was pretty supportive when needed, where there are moments of tension as it is a busy unit and often short staffed. The hardest part of the job was seeing people of a young age being admitted to the unit, where the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the patients and getting to see them leave the hospital when they were better!!!
Pros
Watching patients progress, interacting with the patients, consistent pace of work
Cons
Seeing patients of a young age, dealing with staff not willing to go above and beyond