St. Joseph's Health Care London
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

Working at St. Joseph's Health Care London: 32 St. Joseph's Health Care London Reviews

Canada32 reviews

I’ve recommended St Joseph’s to friends. Generally a good environment. There’s programs here and there that have their culture problems. Typically there’s consistency in leaders which is nice.

Horrible place to work

Thrown out like a piece of garbage for deciding what was best for me during the pandemic. No option to test or work from home. No options given. Almost 20 years as an RN at that hospital and just to be fired. Would not recommend working here unless you want to continue to be a lab rat for life. They have taken away all your rights to decide what goes in your body

Insights into St. Joseph's Health Care London

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Energizing work tasks

Fun workplace

The management is extremely helpful in supporting employees’ growth. Extraordinary workplace with wonderful individuals and facilities. Lots of growth

Company doesn’t follow their own mission statement

It’s a great place to work until you make a personal health decision that doesn’t align with their newly created policies. This is not the place to work if you want to have bodily autonomy.

Flexibility to make my appointments during work hours.

I have been at St Joe's for 5 years now. My co workers are a great group to work with. I have had some medical issues recently and they have been very accommodating.

Cons

Repetitive work. Everyone needs to be on the same page

Ok

Part time forever. Bounced all over the schedule. Phone never stops ringing. Pay is decent. Skills do not help you advance , all based on seniority which can be frustrating. Work short a lot, which is ok depending which unit you are on. Great opportunities to try different units. Staff can be difficult at times, takes time to fit in. Not all units have the same schedules. A lot are 12s (continental) or 8s. Both suck full time.

Its good

It was a good place to work at there's a lot of gossiping though and lack of empathy for others but if you ignore that it is fine, they also tend to change rules a lot depending on their own liking.

St. Joseph's Health Center

It has always been a very productive, safe and the most friendly place to work. I was deeply saddened when most of the surgical services amalgamated to LHSC, it felt like I left home.Patient care was outstanding due to the committed caring attitudes from all of the staff. Patients always commented on the exceptional care and compassion from all staff starting from the CEO to the maintenance department

Pros

Beautiful location, Cafeteria was very large with home cooked meals, staff appreciation days, Secretary day!

Cons

Unpaid parking

Great work culture and staffs are supportive each other

Very good place to work! Work culture is nice and staffs are friendly. Management is approachable and listens to you and nobody is behind you each minute to bug you. No issues to get time offs and vacations whenever you need and overall I am satisfied to work at this organization!

Pros

Ability to work overtime! If you want to work, and make more money, you always get opportunities here!

Cons

Work is stressful at times and staffing issue is an ongoing problem.

Great team-centred place to work!

The pay is good, the people are helpful and friendly. There is good communication to all employees on updates and changes. My training was limited due to the pandemic, but coworkers were very helpful and supportiv ! My employment ended when my contract was over, but would love to work there again!

Pros

Good pay, occasional freebies

Cons

Fast-paced and heavy workload

Administrative Assistant

Worked in various Admin roles within both LHSC and SJHC, was paid descent and had consistent hours for a working Mom. Have worked in many industries prior to my work here and will say this was possibly the nastiest, most thankless workplace I've ever been employed at. Behind the scenes at the Hospital/University is highly unprofessional at all levels, particularly at the top; overly competitive, pretentious, egotistical and not at all how one would imagine. One need not put these people on a pedestal, they do a more than adequate job of that themselves.

Pros

Descent pay and learning experience.

Cons

Exploitive leaders whose influences filter all the way down, governed by ego and money more than anything else.

Have enjoyed rehabilitation nursing at Parkwood Institute for many years.

I retired in June 2020 after 31 years of full time nursing. It has been a wonderful career and enjoyed the professionals I worked with. I enjoy being part of the inter-disciplinary team and collectively solving problems for stroke patients.

Pros

challenging work

Cons

Long hours.

Decent place to work

Hard work decent pay. Busy fast paced. Rewarding work. Great app pension and good benefits. Avoid negative people stay focused stay positive many good people there

Pros

Amazing pension HOOP

Cons

Some negative legacy employees

Some of Primary care partners are friendly snd helpful.

I worked at St Mary’s and Mount hope through a staffing agency and I would not recommend it. I was not paid by St.Mary’s or Mount Hope I was paid low wage. I also was told I was a great worker and was told I should apply for postings. I noticed after I applied many times for postings that their are postings for Primary Care Partners which are Personal Support Workers every week another posting goes up and it is usually around 5 PSW’s they are searching for. Once they hire them on within few weeks they are let go for some reason. If they hire 5 psw’s every week or two they would have at least 100 by the time a year has come. Most of the new PSW’s disappear. I have been told that by other primary care partners who work there.

Pros

Time of work

Cons

Some of care pros are back stabbing and love to gossip, bullies

Terrible environment for a DSW

This is an extremely bad environment for a DSW to work in. Nursing staff treat DSWs like hired hands, who are less qualified and skilled than anyone else on the unit. Very anti person centered. Zero time to focus on skills, social, emotional support with patients on the unit. It looked and was run like an institution from the 1960s.

Pros

the pay and benefits are great

Cons

toxic work environment

Great Opportunity

St Joseph's Healthcare is an excellent place to work. Many different scopes of practice in play along with great team work. Fast-pace environment with great pay/incentives.

Pros

Environment

Cons

Stressful at times

Clinical Assistant

Clerical and clinical support for the Physicians and Residents in an ambulatory clinic. Very fast paced with high patient volumes. Weak and inconsistent support from management. Nice place to work with enjoyable relationships with coworkers. Fair wages with optional benefits available. Parking garage fees and lack of parking spots available are an ongoing frustration. Some days are very long. Patients upset with wait times.

Busy work enviornment

I worked for SJHC in their long term care home and enjoyed what I did. however they were short staffed every shift. they offer a lot of OT for call in shifts but the notice for the shift is about 3 hours before the start of the shift.

Dietary aide

Lots of bullying and intimidation against each other. Management looks the other way and no problems are ever solved. Intense and stressful dealing with other departments, trying to complete my own job. Always short staffed so I didn’t get my breaks. Established cliques are bullies.

Great place to be employed, hope to stay...

I thoroughly enjoy coming to work everyday. I have never been in a position where I feel like a human rather than a number and always appreciated! I hope to find something and stay within the St. Joseph's employment.

It's a very nice place to work

I loved working there, the management team was the best team to work with and the staff were awesome and the residents were nice people too. They have flexible shifts, the management team works with everyone to get the job done and keep both family and residents happy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Joseph's Health Care London. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement