St. Joseph's Health Care London

St. Joseph's Health Care London Employee Reviews

Hard work decent pay. Busy fast paced. Rewarding work. Great app pension and good benefits. Avoid negative people stay focused stay positive many good people there
Pros
Amazing pension HOOP
Cons
Some negative legacy employees
I retired in June 2020 after 31 years of full time nursing. It has been a wonderful career and enjoyed the professionals I worked with. I enjoy being part of the inter-disciplinary team and collectively solving problems for stroke patients.
Pros
challenging work
Cons
Long hours.
I worked at St Mary’s and Mount hope through a staffing agency and I would not recommend it. I was not paid by St.Mary’s or Mount Hope I was paid low wage. I also was told I was a great worker and was told I should apply for postings. I noticed after I applied many times for postings that their are postings for Primary Care Partners which are Personal Support Workers every week another posting goes up and it is usually around 5 PSW’s they are searching for. Once they hire them on within few weeks they are let go for some reason. If they hire 5 psw’s every week or two they would have at least 100 by the time a year has come. Most of the new PSW’s disappear. I have been told that by other primary care partners who work there.
Pros
Time of work
Cons
Some of care pros are back stabbing and love to gossip, bullies
This is an extremely bad environment for a DSW to work in. Nursing staff treat DSWs like hired hands, who are less qualified and skilled than anyone else on the unit. Very anti person centered. Zero time to focus on skills, social, emotional support with patients on the unit. It looked and was run like an institution from the 1960s.
Pros
the pay and benefits are great
Cons
toxic work environment
St Joseph's Healthcare is an excellent place to work. Many different scopes of practice in play along with great team work. Fast-pace environment with great pay/incentives.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Stressful at times
Clerical and clinical support for the Physicians and Residents in an ambulatory clinic. Very fast paced with high patient volumes. Weak and inconsistent support from management. Nice place to work with enjoyable relationships with coworkers. Fair wages with optional benefits available. Parking garage fees and lack of parking spots available are an ongoing frustration. Some days are very long. Patients upset with wait times.
I worked for SJHC in their long term care home and enjoyed what I did. however they were short staffed every shift. they offer a lot of OT for call in shifts but the notice for the shift is about 3 hours before the start of the shift.
Lots of bullying and intimidation against each other. Management looks the other way and no problems are ever solved. Intense and stressful dealing with other departments, trying to complete my own job. Always short staffed so I didn’t get my breaks. Established cliques are bullies.
I thoroughly enjoy coming to work everyday. I have never been in a position where I feel like a human rather than a number and always appreciated! I hope to find something and stay within the St. Joseph's employment.
I loved working there, the management team was the best team to work with and the staff were awesome and the residents were nice people too. They have flexible shifts, the management team works with everyone to get the job done and keep both family and residents happy.
Busy work environment, great management and teams of people to work with lots of opportunity for movement between sites, shift options and lots of overtime
Pros
Pay and overtime
Cons
No benefits for part time staff
I worked as a certified cook here for almost a few years. Large group of workers, unionized environment. Ups and downs like any other place, overall a good group of people.
great place to work ,great team ,i learned so much of professional and personal development because of the team effort.nice environment ,very relaxed,happy to work there
Overall, I love working for St. Joe's Health Care. They're very friendly and flexible. They have a positive working atmosphere, and great colleagues to work with.
Large employer with lots of different opportunities. Multiple worksites and facilities. Good benefits and wages comparable with other local hospitals.
Working with colleagues and customers to meet their needs and to trouble shoot any issues with supply chain and customer service duties. I learned a lot about customer needs and employee management relationships. The culture of the organization is friendly and collaborative.
Management has poor communication with other parts of the team. Coordinators respond to their employees bringing in other coordinators that ultimately cases problems. Where one coordinator is acknowledging a request or concern, the other will respond with a condescending response. If you are hoping to have confidence with your boss when you are having family issues and need time off, this is definitely not the place for you.
Excellent culture, a typical day is busy but rewarding. I worked at all sites and the culture was similar at all sites. management is knowledgeable and look after there staff.
I enjoyed every day that I worked for SJHC. Friendly staff, great pay, educational opportunities, fair scheduling/staffing. Busy, but not unrealistic
Learned time management, team building, infection control practices, crucial conversation, team leading opportunities. Lack of full-time work and education
A typical day start with listening to voice message report,allocation of assignments,prioritizing of care . Followed by meeting the hygienic needs and nutritional needs of the patient depending on the need.Also carry out medication administration,monitoring of vital signs,Sending the patients for various procedures including physiotherapy. Managing any emergencies arise in between and assessment and reporting to the health care team regarding any change in health condition and carrying out the orders within the scope of practice. Everyday is a new learning experience with new challenges and new learning experience is the use of Pyxis medstation for the release of PRN 's and narcotics. All the co workers are supportive and work together. I mostly enjoy every aspect of my job.When there is a sick call and when we have to work short staffed,can be demanding. The smile the patient give us when they are well and their needs are met is the most rewarding aspect of my job.