St. John Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OK29 April 2018
I enjoy spending my time here at st.john between the core staff and management styles it makes it an all around great place to work. Working together as a team is a high priority between all staff members
Pros
Shift differential
Cons
Under staffed
Productive and excited about working.
Clerk Typist III (Former Employee) –  VI23 February 2018
Each work day was filled with something new to do and learn. I learned that always do your best in everything you do. Management was excellent and compassionate. Workplace culture was warm and friendly. The hardest part of of the job was taking the ferry boat between islands. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a team of people who looked out for each other.
Pros
pro rated pay
Life-changing experience
FIRST GRADE TEACHER & PD SPEAKER (Former Employee) –  Gifft Hill School12 December 2017
I taught 1st grade at a small island school. It was a wonderful experience to teach without the restrictions of state testing mandates. I loved my students and their families, particularly their willingness to embrace non-traditional teaching.
Pros
Gorgeous weather--most of the year
Cons
Hurricanes
PoorP
Confirmation Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MD18 October 2017
Poor place to go to church. Priest are too full of themselves and the elderly think they run the place. Sad place to be if you believe in a higher being.
needed change
STOCK LEAD (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NY9 October 2017
Good place to work if your looking for down time. some people like slow paced working environments id recommend this place to someone who is looking for a relaxed stockroom with not much tasks at hand
Pros
always 40 hours
Cons
short breaks, and will be micro managed
Great Place to work and live
Data Collector/Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Virgin Islands6 October 2017
Working in St. John is like working in paradise. Sunny all day, the people are excellent to work with, they are friendly and outgoing. I learned a lot while I lived and worked there. The children are willing to learn once you show them that you are willing to teach them.
Pros
Great Benefits
Enjoyed teaching Summer Camp in St. John the Baptist Parish
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Garyville Magnet Elementary School31 July 2017
During the Summer of 2017 from June through July. I taught twenty-nine Summer Campers in the class. I completed Arts and Crafts lesson-plans and taught students how to do them. Many of the students preferred creating a Summer Camp Visor.
Pros
Completed Lesson Plans Timely and taught twenty-nine students how to create in an hour.
Cons
Learning the pronounciations of every student before the end of Summer Camp.
Overall Review
Secretary/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MS27 July 2017
I loved working for this church. The members and the staff were wonderful and I learned so much about the Faith while I worked there. One of my main goals has always been to feel like I am helping someone in some way or fashion, and working here you definitely are able to help others.
Pros
Staff
Cons
I cannot think of anything
fun place to coach
Youth Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OH25 May 2017
very nice place to coach youth. Nice gym. Also great parent involvement ,staff and coaches. Athletic director was great to work with. provided us with everything we needed
Confirmation Class Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA7 April 2017
The experience was volunteer work so the church did not compensate me for the hours. However, I did learn skills such as communication skills and leaderships. I was in charge of the confirmation class and i had to authoritative.
Good people work around
Laboratory registration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI12 March 2017
I have been working at detroit medica center full-time (less than a year)
Pros
The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked in. Professional, hard working, top notch employees.
Cons
The company was acquired and is being shut-down, despite high profits.
Fun learning evironment
youth cadet (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand7 February 2017
Volunteered as a cadet leader for 2 years, teaching the youth all the ins and outs of First Aid and CPR.

A very fun evironment, involving alot of learning
buena
empleado (Former Employee) –  empleado17 January 2017
aprendi a trabajar bajo presion, convivvir con las personas del trabajo, lo mas dificil que afronte es terminar un trabajo en un tiempo determinado
Welcoming community
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WA4 January 2017
St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church is very welcoming and a great place to volunteer or work. I've enjoyed my ministries of singing, leading choir, and teaching Natural Family Planning.
Volunteer health shuttle driver (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato28 November 2016
St John work is varied no matter which position you hold

Management are approachable.

Co-workers are great fun.

Meeting new people on the shuttle run
Pros
Friendly and different each day
Cons
No pay
No growth
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CA25 October 2016
The highlight of your day is working with your sales team. Always having a positive outlook on the days goals. The most difficult is getting upper management to really value the energy being put forth. Feeling valued is important in the workforce. Happy employees equal better results.
Pros
great discount
Cons
no growth
amazing enviornment to thrive in
Wardrobe Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NY22 October 2016
such a wonderful company with so much room to grow and make more money due to high end clients and commission. Great learning experience for communicating with different types of customers
clean, a decent place to work
Room Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK8 August 2016
I enjoyed the work and the patients. Sometimes the nurses made it hard for you to do your job, but the blame always fell on the ambassador.
Pros
working inside nice people
Cons
the nurses and manager of ambassadors
Great job
Associate Attorney (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL19 May 2016
Great job, with great personnel and highly skilled attorneys. Doing both association litigation, and consulting. Furthermore, working on all cases in every area of the law.
Pros
Professional
Good Workplace
Association Law Paralegal (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL17 May 2016
The Firm has a very good work environment. I enjoy working independently and interacting with a variety of clients, debtors and vendors.
Pros
Ability to work independently.