St. Boniface Hospital

St. Boniface Hospital Employee Reviews

Insights into St. Boniface Hospital

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction

Overall good workplace

Its a very good place to work at. There are clinical educators to support you. Also you would get lot of opportunities to advance your career. It is one of the best place i have worked till day.

Pros

Good Work environment

Cons

Mandation is a problem

Terrible place to work

It’s absolutely the worst place to work. HR has no idea what goes on in the hospital. They do not investigate issues and believe people who lie. Supervisors are lazy did not check up on peoples work the hospital is disgusting. I do not recommend anyone working there

Pros

No pros

Cons

Backstabbing

St. b hosp, Robin's

They're ok, I liked working there, the co-workers are nice. Customers are nice. It's a fast-paced working area, sometimes slow. Training is provided as well.

Horrible management.

Management is horrendous. No opportunity for advancement. No respect given from staff patients or visitors. Horrible working environment. Under paid and under appreciated.

nice indoor job

great opportunities for flexibility management is different in every department every department culture is different good enough benefits it's nice to work towards a pension but that plan has changed over the years

No comment

I prefer to not comment as I feel sometimes a job just isn't a good fit for a person and employer. To leave a subjective comment would be potentially damaging.

Great work culture

Amazing work culture, focused on education advancement and support from management, educators, allied health team to co workers. Maintains a supportive environment.

Very good to be a employee at sbgh

As new immigrants first step to go there no way every things will go well starting from orientation to no I gave of so much I missed my coworker friends family doctors nurses union members English teacher an so many others specially working distance t o work nice environment to work at sbgh

Healthcare Cuts Felt Big Time

Poor moral. Management can be difficult to get a hold of in a timely manner. Equipment meant for job use in poor repair. It's sad to see a once great hospital doing so poorly after all of the healthcare cuts.

Decent work, not decent pay

Decent work, not decent pay for the profession. Management is unorganized, fell through on a pay raise, no vests provided. old uniform from the 80's training is awful. Still have yet to remove Garda out-of-house security. Work is either very boring or stressful

Liked the atmosphere and my work colleagues.

I enjoyed working at St. Boniface Hospital as an operating room nurse. Since I am now retired from nursing, I am a mature honor's student who will be graduating from the Medical Office Assistant Program from Robertson College in September, 2019. I look forward to enhancing and building my skill level in the area of medical transcription. I currently type 94 WPM.

Very productive, but patient care has always been their number one priority.

It’s a very busy medical facility, you need to be totally focused , no time for idealism, this is a serious medical facility. You are expected to know your job and responsibilities, show respect to others, be willing to increase your everyday knowledge, it a very challenging place, but it also makes you proud being a part of the medical team. Management is ok, , easy to obtain answers, even if you think it a dumb question. Multiculturalism is awesome, and every one is as friendly as ever . The job is not hard, just as long as you’re willing to take orders and carry them out accordingly. You need to pay attention!! There is a relaxed lounge for staff to sit and talk about almost anything, lots of potluck almost once a month!! A great place to be employed!! # 1.

Pros

Excellent benefit packages, long term life insurance etc.

Cons

You must be flexible and willing to work alternative hours including weekends, ...... lots of overtime available!!

Great Place to work

Very busy place to work. No down time at all. The management and employees were great. I learned a lot about the different bloodwork's and testing that need to be done. Also dealing with a lot of code blues.

Good pay and benefits, but stressful environment and questionable management

The jobs are all fairly well-paid for the amount of work and education required. Plenty of job opportunities and available shifts, with room for advancement in some departments. Senior management has made some questionable choices that have resulted in a stressful, over-worked environment. Still the best place I have worked so far in my life.

Fantastic place to develop a career

I worked here years ago, and recently moved back to the area. Based on my previous experience working here, this hospital is the first place I applied to and intend to work here again. Management is fantastic, working environment is supportive, and everyone pulls together despite the current climate in health care (government budget cuts, short staff ratios etc). Truly where’d id like to spend the rest of my career in nursing.

Pros

Supportive coworkers, fair management, lots of FTE variety available.

Cons

Slow hiring process, specialty areas short staffed at present

wonderful job

amazing job , really enjoyed it until i got laid off due to hospital cut within the whole hospital.300 people got cut so i couldnt do anything about it

very fast paced workplace

Enjoyed interacting with the public and my co-workers on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job was not getting to involved in the patients problems.

Pros

meeting the public

Cons

so busy that there was no time to think

very organized ward

during my night shift my mentor was very passion about her work and she went in depth about the techniques and equipment used within the ward. The information was beneficial and the overall environment was kind and caring towards patients and staff.

Great pepole

Wonderful co workers. Lots of provided education. Opportunities to work in numerous areas. Variety of EFTs available, flexible rotations. Support staff in achieving their goals.

Pros

Wonderful ppl

Cons

Short staff, long hours, mandation

excellent team work

Been working @ St. B for over two years and I find the staff on my unit is friendly and help each other when work loads become heavy, there is good communication among peers and manager.

Good work ethic

The hospitals are normally a hard place to work as you get to meet all different types of people. I have never really found it difficult. The co-workers that you will meet are usually friendly towards both you and the patients within the care of the ward. There may be a few people that will have a negative personality but there are many people to offset that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Boniface Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2