St. Boniface Hospital Employee Reviews

very fast paced workplace
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 January 2019
Enjoyed interacting with the public and my co-workers on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job was not getting to involved in the patients problems.
Pros
meeting the public
Cons
so busy that there was no time to think
Great pepole
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 October 2018
Wonderful co workers. Lots of provided education. Opportunities to work in numerous areas. Variety of EFTs available, flexible rotations. Support staff in achieving their goals.
Pros
Wonderful ppl
Cons
Short staff, long hours, mandation
excellent team work
General Duty Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 September 2018
Been working @ St. B for over two years and I find the staff on my unit is friendly and help each other when work loads become heavy, there is good communication among peers and manager.
Good work ethic
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 September 2018
The hospitals are normally a hard place to work as you get to meet all different types of people. I have never really found it difficult. The co-workers that you will meet are usually friendly towards both you and the patients within the care of the ward. There may be a few people that will have a negative personality but there are many people to offset that.
Productive and very good working enviroment
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 June 2018
Interdiscplinary team
Supportive team
Productive staff
Clean place
Using goid infection control techniques
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
busy, but still enjoyable
HEALTH CARE AIDE (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 April 2018
Depending on where you work and what you like, this is a great place to be. I have worked on different floors and units and created many unbreakable bond that I have almost always had a smile on my face. You will always get one or two sour people but it is still always fun to work with them. Even when working with the different patients it is great to have a connection to them.
Good
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 March 2018
Good environment and workplace culture. Worked as a nurse, providing services and care to the surrounding population. Often short-staffed, especially in specialized areas.
Ever changing
Accounting Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tache St Boniface13 February 2018
I worked in Accounts Payable for fourteen years as well as booking flights for doctors. I corrected computer data and had a cheque run. I went on to be the cashier of the hospital for 3 years. The workplace culture was being dressed properly and dealing with people in a respectful manner. The hardest part of the job was counting cash while people would come to cashier. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a big family.
Pros
Picnic
Cons
Dealing with unruly people
Renovated grossing room very nice
Surgical Pathologists Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 January 2018
Overall a good place to work although quite regimented and micromanaged at times. Great co-workers. Excellent grossing room. Good fair division of large cases. 2 grossing MLT's to help.
Our new graduates all leave for greener pastures.
Pros
Clean, organized, great co-workers
Cons
Too much work, not enough PA's. They need to increase salary to compete with Alberta.
Great people doing great things under challenging conditions
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 December 2017
St. Boniface does a decent job of balancing tradition with progress.
The overwhelming majority of people are compassionate and patient-focused. The infrastructure has been neglected and is in poor shape, requiring a lot of resourcefulness from staff and management. Work is challenging and rewarding under difficult conditions.
Pros
People
Cons
Aging infrastructure
A day at McEwen
RN/BN (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 December 2017
Working in a psychiatric hospital can change from day to day. There are a wide variety of patients that come to our unit. Some quite pleasant and willing to work on bettering their lives, others quite angry and not wanting to be in hospital. The staff are great at trying to provide a safe and helpful environment. Management works really good with the staff and are always trying to better things
I have learned many things working with such a diverse population of people. Many dealing with a life crisis which has opened my eyes to the many different lifestyles people are currently living. The key aspect is to work as a team, and learn how to communicate and get to their level. All to promote healthier/safer lifestyles and proper living situations
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Safety risks with phycially agitated patients
Security and house keeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 December 2017
I enjoyed the employees there as well as the management.

There were 160 employees in my dept.

I worked in Cancer Care and really liked the people in this dept.
Pros
I knew what l was doing on a daily basis.
Cons
Managhement was not always around.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 December 2017
Very supportive work environment. People are very caring and compassionate. Colleagues are friendly. They have regular Continued medical teaching seminars which are very helpful.
Nursing Assistant/Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 November 2017
Good people, nice work environment. Very good place to learn and establish a career in health care. The salary was decent and the hours more manageable.
loved helping people
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 October 2017
Although I loved helping people, it seemed that management didnt care quite as much and many colleagues treated it like a production line in which was very upsetting
Pros
helping people
Cons
some people didnt care
Who knows what will happen with healthcare changes!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 September 2017
A typical day involves phone conversations with patients, transcription, filing, accepting or declining meeting requests depending on employer's schedule.
Direct management, i.e. supervisor and doctor i work for are fantastic..Other management I have little to nil interaction with.
There are many changes occurring in healthcare and though up to this point it has been a good place of employ, the future will tell the story.
Pros
Salary equitable to other admin positions, fairly good health benefits package
Cons
Changes and stress it is causing the employees
enjoy work life balance and co workers
Scheduling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 August 2017
i thoroughly enjoy my job and the working relationships I have developed there.

The staff are wonderful and I enjoy the challenges met daily. Being able to contribute to the department i staff is a meaningful and I look forward to the daily tasks I have responsibility for..
Pros
team work, great colleagues, job satisfaction
Cons
indefinite term
Great Volunteer Experience
Summer Volunteer Program (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 August 2017
This was my first volunteering experience. The people in charge were extremely understanding, very kind, and very open. The environment was great, and getting to know patients was a huge bonus along the way. Definitely a great place to volunteer.
Pros
short shifts
Cons
Dream company! Love the workplace, the culture and people
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 July 2017
I do not feel racial discrimination. Management and staff are well rounded and professionals. I feel proud whenever I wear my scrub. They look at your output and contributions and are appreciative of your efforts. Constructive criticism prevails and I think I would love to work the longest and retire in St. Boniface Hospital.
Pros
Clean, Beautiful nurses and technicians, smart people, professionals
Cons
Expensive parking fee and meals.
review of St. Boniface Hospital In winnipeg
NOBODY- EX NURSE (Former Employee) –  WINNIPEG. ST. BONIFACE17 June 2017
One of the worts places to work for. Managers are awful, place is dirty and filthy. There is no care, they lie and cheat. They provide poor care and do not care about anybody. They destroy documenet, so nobody can see how bad they are. The have no standards of care. They hire poor doctors, who have no education and do not know how to care for people.
The beds are old, the linen are dirty.
Pros
Cons
Awful place to work, Full of harrassment and discrimination, Poor care, No education, No vision, Poor doctors, Poor staff.