St. Boniface Hospital

St. Boniface Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada69 reviews
Great work culture
Amazing work culture, focused on education advancement and support from management, educators, allied health team to co workers. Maintains a supportive environment.
Horrible management.
Management is horrendous. No opportunity for advancement. No respect given from staff patients or visitors. Horrible working environment. Under paid and under appreciated.
nice indoor job
great opportunities for flexibility
management is different in every department

every department culture is different

good enough benefits

it's nice to work towards a pension but that plan has changed over the years
No comment
I prefer to not comment as I feel sometimes a job just isn't a good fit for a person and employer. To leave a subjective comment would be potentially damaging.
Very good to be a employee at sbgh
As new immigrants first step to go there no way every things will go well starting from orientation to no I gave of so much I missed my coworker friends family doctors nurses union members English teacher an so many others specially working distance t o work nice environment to work at sbgh
Healthcare Cuts Felt Big Time
Poor moral. Management can be difficult to get a hold of in a timely manner. Equipment meant for job use in poor repair. It's sad to see a once great hospital doing so poorly after all of the healthcare cuts.
Decent work, not decent pay
Decent work, not decent pay for the profession.

Management is unorganized, fell through on a pay raise, no vests provided. old uniform from the 80's training is awful.

Still have yet to remove Garda out-of-house security. Work is either very boring or stressful
Liked the atmosphere and my work colleagues.
I enjoyed working at St. Boniface Hospital as an operating room nurse. Since I am now retired from nursing, I am a mature honor's student who will be graduating from the Medical Office Assistant Program from Robertson College in September, 2019. I look forward to enhancing and building my skill level in the area of medical transcription. I currently type 94 WPM.
Very productive, but patient care has always been their number one priority.
It’s a very busy medical facility, you need to be totally focused , no time for idealism, this is a serious medical facility.
You are expected to know your job and responsibilities, show respect to others, be willing to increase your everyday knowledge, it a very challenging place, but it also makes you proud being a part of the medical team. Management is ok, , easy to obtain answers, even if you think it a dumb question.

Multiculturalism is awesome, and every one is as friendly as ever . The job is not hard, just as long as you’re willing to take orders and carry them out accordingly. You need to pay attention!!

There is a relaxed lounge for staff to sit and talk about almost anything, lots of potluck almost once a month!!

A great place to be employed!!

# 1.
Pros
Excellent benefit packages, long term life insurance etc.
Cons
You must be flexible and willing to work alternative hours including weekends, ...... lots of overtime available!!
Great Place to work
Very busy place to work. No down time at all. The management and employees were great. I learned a lot about the different bloodwork's and testing that need to be done. Also dealing with a lot of code blues.
Good pay and benefits, but stressful environment and questionable management
The jobs are all fairly well-paid for the amount of work and education required. Plenty of job opportunities and available shifts, with room for advancement in some departments. Senior management has made some questionable choices that have resulted in a stressful, over-worked environment. Still the best place I have worked so far in my life.
Fantastic place to develop a career
I worked here years ago, and recently moved back to the area. Based on my previous experience working here, this hospital is the first place I applied to and intend to work here again. Management is fantastic, working environment is supportive, and everyone pulls together despite the current climate in health care (government budget cuts, short staff ratios etc). Truly where’d id like to spend the rest of my career in nursing.
Pros
Supportive coworkers, fair management, lots of FTE variety available.
Cons
Slow hiring process, specialty areas short staffed at present
wonderful job
amazing job , really enjoyed it until i got laid off due to hospital cut within the whole hospital.300 people got cut so i couldnt do anything about it
very fast paced workplace
Enjoyed interacting with the public and my co-workers on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job was not getting to involved in the patients problems.
Pros
meeting the public
Cons
so busy that there was no time to think
very organized ward
during my night shift my mentor was very passion about her work and she went in depth about the techniques and equipment used within the ward. The information was beneficial and the overall environment was kind and caring towards patients and staff.
Great pepole
Wonderful co workers. Lots of provided education. Opportunities to work in numerous areas. Variety of EFTs available, flexible rotations. Support staff in achieving their goals.
Pros
Wonderful ppl
Cons
Short staff, long hours, mandation
excellent team work
Been working @ St. B for over two years and I find the staff on my unit is friendly and help each other when work loads become heavy, there is good communication among peers and manager.
Good work ethic
The hospitals are normally a hard place to work as you get to meet all different types of people. I have never really found it difficult. The co-workers that you will meet are usually friendly towards both you and the patients within the care of the ward. There may be a few people that will have a negative personality but there are many people to offset that.
Good Job
This is a great company to work for. I loved being part of the team and also l loved the working enviroment.

The employees were great as well as all the visitors.

I loved working there.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Some sad stories
Gained a lot of experience
Love the opportunity to experience different job opportunities within St. Boniface Hospital (WRHA). There is opportunity for more training if required. The best part about working in this environment is the relationships you build over the years of working here.
Pros
Great job opportunities
Cons
Haven't had a raise in over 3 years
Productive and very good working enviroment
Staff is friendly
Hard workers

Professionals

Good atmosphere

Interdiscplinary team

Supportive team

Productive staff

Clean place

Using goid infection control techniques
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons