St. Albert Public Schools Employee Reviews

Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB3 September 2019
I have worked for this company for a few years off and on. There is not really a typical day for me as I work as a sub. Which means I work for someone else who may be sick, on a holiday or have an appointment. I can not really say I know management since I work different schools. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what I will be doing or what kind of disability the child may have. The most enjoyable part of the job of course is always the expression the children have when learning something new.
Pros
work part time
Cons
sometimes no hours
A dynamic and fast-paced workplace.
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB4 December 2018
Typical day at work involves working with students or classrooms in various locations in the school. Supervision at lunch.
Management is very involved with day-to-day functions in order to create a proactive and positive learning experience.
Team-led teaching teams work together to provide best education and assistant to students of various needs and skill levels.
Hardest part of job is staying positive when students take their frustrations out on us.
Best part of job is when students see their potential and are excited to learn.
Pros
Very good health care.
Cons
10 month employment and lower salary levels.
Healthy work environment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB25 April 2018
Was a fun place to go to work everyday and the people I worked with were very enjoyable to be around everyday. Hours were good and was kept busy during those hours.
Great People to work with
Administrative Assist (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB18 July 2017
The administrator was unreliable with his communication to employees. Weak with professional discussions and expectations and professional discussions for advancement, work issues, inappropriate actions or comments within the office setting. Very unclear expectations and guidance; suggests that one is doing great, but when he has concern, his way of expressing communication is that he simply doesn't know the issue. Makes it very difficult for anyone to advance or know if they are doing their job correctly or satisfactory; he always left an unknown concern within the scope of job security.
Pros
Benefits were great
Cons
long probabtionary periods and no job security
Excellent
Teacher Aide 4 / General Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB3 April 2017
St Albert Public schools is a very good employer, allows a fantastic work life balance. The opportunity to take courses related to your job is unlimited. The salary does not quite reflect what some employees do in a given day.
Lovely opportunity
Substitute Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB16 June 2015
Wonderful opportunity to support our local students!
Lovely support staff. Friendly schools. Welcoming students. Flexible hours and good work experience.
Supply teacher (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB9 October 2013
As a supply teacher, there really isn't a "typical day", as you never know what you're going to be up to on a given day. That was part of the fun. Co-workers were usually very supportive and helpful, very rarely did one not want to help if asked. I learned to pretty much keep yourself open to anything, as you never know what each day will hold.
Pros
Great pay, very rewarding job
Cons
Last minute notice to be somewhere sometimes, have to scramble a bit in the mornings