St Vincent de Paul Society

St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews

Found 52 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,182 reviews

POV: a volunteer

I volunteered there and it was actually a very relaxed environment. I just cleaned up here and there, put new stuff out on display and greeted and helped customers. The people who work there are extremely kind.

stressful

there was zero support for this role at the time i was in it. higher mgmt had no idea what they were doing so were unable to support this job. It is sad because it was such great kids,

A hard working store

The work at st. vincent de pauls was very hard and meticulous, it involved sorting many different books like a librarian would. I would not recommend working there for anyone.

Leading a group of campers through winding trails and never ending adventures.

Working at Camp Vincent was one of the best experiences of my life. I was given the opportunity to collaborate with head staff and other counsellors and was encouraged to bring my own creativity to the work place. Even the though the living areas weren't ideal for staff and there wasn't and hourly pay, I would recommend working at camp to anyone wanting to gain experience with kids and the outdoors.

Fun company to work for

Family setting work environment. Majority of staff has been working for the company ranging 15-30 years of service. You are able to work with clients from different scopes of disability. autism, mentally delayed individuals etc....

Stressful place to work

Although I enjoyed helping homeless people and had fantastic coworkers, the management was unfair and unaware of the level of commitment that the job required.The staff felt unappreciated, over worked and under paid. Managment needs to change.

A mess with no morals.

One of my first jobs so being naturally inexperienced with people and the like, I wasn't always completely certain of myself. I had actually been terminated before probation had ended, and within those 5 months I had been pulled into the office and reprimanded for taking too long, for daring to step behind the cash registers to change the trash bins, consistently sent to do jobs I had no training for and was nowhere near my job description. To earn this job I actually used a third party to help train me to learn how interviews worked and that same third party had opted to pay for my training and increase my chances of becoming employed...once that payment program had run out however I was immediately terminated, with a full 15 minutes wasted on cheap empty excuses that even in my experience could easily be characterized as weak covers. I was essentially used for free pay and labor and once the money stopped they no loner needed me. Did I mention I had to deal with inappropriate advances from a customer? Yeah, and bringing that to managements attention, not only do they take no action, but attempting to work away from the mentioned individual only gets one once more taken to the office and spoken to.

Summer Camp

Its a multi-cultural friendly environment were everyone is welcome. All the staff are so friendly and are so good with the kids. They do an amazing job to make sure the kids who cant afford much can have the great summer they deserve.

Great entry level position, not much room for advancement

Amazing amazing staff. They will support you from your first day to your last. They are all amazing women to work with. Management at different homes need some help as they pick and choose favourites. They work on a seniority system so if you are not next for a full-time opportunity, you may need to move on. Some staff have been working there for 8-10 years before they even get a full-time position. Overall a great place to learn about the field and start your career.

Great place to Volunteer

A charitable thrift shop that offers so much to the community. I enjoyed always seeing regulars. I sorted through donations and stocked them on shelves,cleaning them when needed.

Fun and a Healthy environment

we were all like brothers given that new people come each year, the family grows quickly. I have seen people grow, even my self. people coming out of there shells.

Pros

nights off

Helpful, and positive working environment

Volunteering at St. Vincent de Paul was an amazing working experience. Each time I went there was always a very positive working environment. They were very welcoming when i first joined. The work there was fairly easy to pick up on and even if you're not a fast learner you had someone else there guiding you.

Excellent place to volunteer.

St. Vincent de Paul was a very great place to volunteer. Atypical day at work involved: cleaning, talking with customers, pricing toys, etc. I learned a variety of social skills. For example how to interact with customers. They are very friendly and treat everyone with respect. I didn't find anything hard in this position. My favorite part was getting to go pickup stuff from peoples houses, and unload the truck when we got back.

Pros

They're very friendly.

Cons

Run out of stuff to do.

Fun Work Place

It was an great environment to work in and there was a lot of people who would visit the place at least once a week and there was a lot of diversity there

awesome!

love helping around there everyone is so nice just a great place to be! everyone is so help full when i first arrived and no trouble was giving great management as well

Good community and good work.

The St. Vincent de Paul is an organization that gives all of it's profit to charity. All of the staff are volunteers and very kind and dedicated. The workplace was enjoyable and the staff make it a good environment to work in.

volunteer work

lots of heavy lifting but worth it when you help the less fortunate in our society. it can be dangerous work since many locations are hard to access especially apartments.

wonderful place to volunteer

I am pleased to volunteer at St Vincents de Paul thrift store because I enjoy working with the many other volunteers sorting the clothing donations. It is always interesting to see the variety of clothing people have donated and I am glad to be part of an organization that does so much to help the community.

Pros

good work environment

Cons

Out-of-the-way thrift shop

St. Vincent de Paul Society is a reasonable place of employment. The work is not terribly difficult; the most physical task is typically the breaking down of cardboard and moving of heavy bags. The atmosphere is very laid-back and relaxed; little is taken very seriously. Whether this is a positive or a negative is highly subjective. Note that employment is volunteer only. Good for earning high school volunteer hours, not so good for getting paid.

Very Nice

Very Nice St . Vinncent De Pual is a great place to work and is lots of friendly faces and is right next to plenty of places to get food and which is great

it is an awesome work place

the people there are amazing and are very helpful if you need help with something and the work environment is amazing as well there is a lot of work to be done so you are always busy and always have something to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Vincent de Paul Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement
  • St Vincent de Paul Society
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?