SSP Canada

SSP Canada Management reviews

Canada48 reviews
Work was ok. Just has be fast in doing the job. Hr was good to assist if you have problems. I left because they took my day job due to seniority from me
Opinions and grievances are out from the management. No written documentation for employees in the position held. No clear policy and procedures. Rates are based on what the management wants to give.
Very disorganized
Disrespectful management
Underpaid
Poor work hours

Employees are miserable

Just a very bad overall experience

Would not recommend to ANYONE
Worst food company in the airport, management is incompetent and favouriting between workers and managers. I just want a job that values their employees like that cant be hard.
Cons
One of the most toxic workplaces I have ever worked at. Avoid working for this company at all costs. They do not take into consideration the school schedules of students and they do not think about the well-beings of their employees.
Expected to work hard and sacrifice all of your free time for a company with poor management and poor planning. Pay and stress are not equal, was good for the job experience
Everything was good but management is not listening workers they are not making good schedules. I had my job security and my co workers were co operative even my supervisor she is really nice
Management is extremely unorganized and they are stressful. Coworkers think they are managers trying to order others around and got some nasty ego. Not too multicultural now, used to. Honestly hated this job and will never recommend to anyone. Not healthy for mental health and physical either
Great environment to work
overall experience:

Over worked

Poor management
Not unionized
Staff may have yours cut and kept at a part time position
I don’t ever know where to start but All I have to say is you’re looking for something that looks good on your CV here is the place. Managers don’t care about you ,you’re just a number .Some of the so called team leaders have no respect for you talk down to you ! You can do a over time and get rip off..Work with for this company on your own risk
Pros
Low paid, rude team leaders, everything
Cons
Your pay
i think its a good company but the managing managers are cheap. they doesn't care about the needs of the employees. not fair with the staffs and rate is not enough.
Management treat you like thief's, never helping just blaming you for everything, horrible hostile work environment. They treat you like numbers do not apply I’m warning in advance. Long hrs no benefits.
Pros
Working at airport
Cons
Working for this company
Good for a 1st level entry management job where you want experience in the f&b industry. Can be overwhelming with many responsibilities. They pay for all external traininig courses.
Horrible work environment, managers treated you with little to no respect. Hr never answered the phone and when they did a lot of attitude was given..
You can get your shift cut anytime is there is not enough customers, you have to work starting a 4 am at least once a week, even if you have no car. The management are not there for you, all they think of is profit, you are nothing but a number to them. 8 hours shift but only 30 min break in your day.
Pros
50% off meals, looks good on your resume.
Cons
Bad schedule, no flexibility, managements dont listen to you, you are just a number to them
When working for SSP candada, I got wondful hours and the pay was really. However they were not considerate of people's life after work. Management was good.
Pros
Good pay and breaks
Cons
not flexible when it comes to real life situations
milieu de restaurant comme tout autre. L'organisation de l'entreprise est mal faite, mais en général, les employés et employeur sont positifs.
Pros
OPUS tarif étudiant payée
Cons
Désorganisation au niveau du personnel
Worked for Monk's Grill for years, we were one of the pioneers who opened this restaurant. People do come and go. Some did stay but for aspiring cooks or servers, stay away. Been given alot of empty promises. All they care about is making money and not the employees who helps them make it. Stay away.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Dragging co-workers, unprofessional managers, poor work/life balance
Responsable de l’embauche, de la formation et de coacher les adjoints, chefs de quart et employés
Veiller à ce que les normes, procédures et objectifs soient atteints

Voir au respect des normes de préparation, de livraison, de fraicheur et de qualité des produits alimentaires
Prendre en charge le service clientèle en prêchant par l’exemple
Prendre une part active aux opérations journalières

S’assurer que l’environnement de travail soit sécuritaire

S'assurer que les inventaires sont mesurés et entretenus conformément aux politiques de l’entreprise

Assurer une bonne exploitation du restaurant

Faire la gestion des différents comptes et fournisseurs
A typical day at work: arrive, sign in, put cash in after waiting possibly an hour for a manager or team leader to show up, serve clients, replace empty or old food, rearrange "grab and go", operate cash register, clean dishes/ any surfaces. Go for a half hour lunch break, and back to work. Hours very often go over designated shift times.. we close when we close, it's not like we can leave at 9 on the dot and leave a mess. We often finish closer to 10, 10:30. It's very fast-paced and high-stress, always moving and rushing and thinking of a million things at once.

Management is fluid. Some managers are great whereas the majority look down on you and talk to you very condescendingly, very passive-aggressively. They don't seem to realize we're humans, often telling us to do one thing after the other, even if we're not finished the first ten things they told us to do.

The people are mostly miserable and when the topic of leaving comes up, most say they're not going to last a year at all or that they're planning to leave soon.

The hardest part of the job is the very fast pace that occurs at the airport, which of course is unavoidable when working in that environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the people. Most are very friendly and we seem to bond over our shared pain. I've made quite a few friends here and I am not looking forward to the day I will have to leave them.
Pros
50% off one meal a day, fun people
Cons
long hours, rushes, exigent managers
a typical day at work consist of greeting and serving customers, travelers and workers at the airport, answering questions/helping travelers. Cleaning and preparing the store for the morning shift and customers, collecting the pastries from the baker and putting them out in the showcase and making sure that the morning shift is ready and prepared to work.

The management is not very good, managers show up late to clock workers in on time, they leave the job early, or are inactive on the job, usually conversating with distracted workers, English and french are the only two languages allowed to be spoken on the job but some employees and managers break that rule to speak with each other in front of customers who later complain about it. managers do little to help fix problems in the store(s), such as appliences not working or customer problems.

most co-workers are fun to work with but there are a few that don't like to work or are always distracted and not helping the customers or are always fighting with other workers and customers.

the hardest part is cleaning up after the shift before you, while getting the store ready for the shift after and at the same time serving and dealing with customers.

the most enjoyable part is working with someone who is on the same page and having everything go well. meeting new people celebrities included and getting possibly other great opportunities
Pros
working in the airport, meeting celebrities and new people, great job opportunities withing the airport.
Cons
gets extremely busy at times, bad co- workers and managers, angry airport employees who like to skip the line, large orders