SSP Canada

SSP Canada Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON11 reviews
I was well trained as supervisor, I can lead the business in the absence of a manager . I have the knowledge of preparing the store in audits especially brand audits.
Very disorganized
Disrespectful management

Underpaid

Poor work hours

Employees are miserable

Just a very bad overall experience

Would not recommend to ANYONE
Worst food company in the airport, management is incompetent and favouriting between workers and managers. I just want a job that values their employees like that cant be hard.
Cons
Management is extremely unorganized and they are stressful. Coworkers think they are managers trying to order others around and got some nasty ego. Not too multicultural now, used to. Honestly hated this job and will never recommend to anyone. Not healthy for mental health and physical either
Great environment to work
overall experience:

Over worked

Poor management

Not unionized

Staff may have yours cut and kept at a part time position
Good for a 1st level entry management job where you want experience in the f&b industry. Can be overwhelming with many responsibilities. They pay for all external traininig courses.
Great job if you like to walk, most roles are standard to low wages, typical food services roles. Parking is difficult and requires extensive security clearance to be employed in the airport.
When working for SSP candada, I got wondful hours and the pay was really. However they were not considerate of people's life after work. Management was good.
Pros
Good pay and breaks
Cons
not flexible when it comes to real life situations
great experience, no room for advancement, under paid while working long hours.
short staffed and management.

Everybody overworked
Pros
fast paced
Cons
not appreciated, under paid
It was very fast paced, you had to always be professional with the customers and make sure they felt welcomed. Co-workers were okay, they were friendly and very enthusiastic. The hardest part of the job was the overtime due to the airport being soo busy usually my 8 hour shift would turn to 12 hour shifts. The most enjoyable part was that you got to meet people from all over the world.
Pros
incentives, free lunch
Cons
a typical day at work was standing behide a counter with a smile on my face and ready to serve customers. i would usualy make sandwichs serve tea also baking at night.. i have learned to be patient with customers. my co-workers were very diverse which i enjoyed. the hardest part of my job was dealing with people anger people. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people everyday.
Pros
alots of hours