SSP Canada

SSP Canada Employee Reviews in Montréal, QC

Montréal, QC7 reviews
alot of people quit this place its a good company all the time missing emplyees long hours of work less pay and the bosses are not ahappy make u do alot of diffrent things
milieu de restaurant comme tout autre. L'organisation de l'entreprise est mal faite, mais en général, les employés et employeur sont positifs.
Pros
OPUS tarif étudiant payée
Cons
Désorganisation au niveau du personnel
I'm a certified chef and I've worked at high end, fast paced, high pressured restos in the last 15 years. Working at SSP is a piece of cake.

Only downside is my coworkers aren't as experienced as me. A lot of them do not know how to fix a minor problem such as uneven heat across the griddle. I discovered the problem after a few days and went to fix it... lo and behold... even heat throughout the griddle.

Working for SSP as a cook isn't always ideal for beginners, basic knowledge and abke to work in a high pressured environment. Comparing my past employment... SSP has got to be the most simple, easiest job I've ever had. Sometimes I get bored when there are no orders but at least it gives me a good few mins to really go through the kitchen and see what can I do to make it better and easier... etc.

The managers and supervisors I've met so far have been really nice.

I'm liking it there 😊😊
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Disorganization caused by coworkers, and low salary
Responsable de l’embauche, de la formation et de coacher les adjoints, chefs de quart et employés
Veiller à ce que les normes, procédures et objectifs soient atteints

Voir au respect des normes de préparation, de livraison, de fraicheur et de qualité des produits alimentaires

Prendre en charge le service clientèle en prêchant par l’exemple

Prendre une part active aux opérations journalières

S’assurer que l’environnement de travail soit sécuritaire

S'assurer que les inventaires sont mesurés et entretenus conformément aux politiques de l’entreprise

Assurer une bonne exploitation du restaurant

Faire la gestion des différents comptes et fournisseurs
A typical work day requires food preparations and cleaning of the restaurant.
helping and interacting with airport passenger is the most enjoyable part of the job
A typical day at work: arrive, sign in, put cash in after waiting possibly an hour for a manager or team leader to show up, serve clients, replace empty or old food, rearrange "grab and go", operate cash register, clean dishes/ any surfaces. Go for a half hour lunch break, and back to work. Hours very often go over designated shift times.. we close when we close, it's not like we can leave at 9 on the dot and leave a mess. We often finish closer to 10, 10:30. It's very fast-paced and high-stress, always moving and rushing and thinking of a million things at once.

Management is fluid. Some managers are great whereas the majority look down on you and talk to you very condescendingly, very passive-aggressively. They don't seem to realize we're humans, often telling us to do one thing after the other, even if we're not finished the first ten things they told us to do.

The people are mostly miserable and when the topic of leaving comes up, most say they're not going to last a year at all or that they're planning to leave soon.

The hardest part of the job is the very fast pace that occurs at the airport, which of course is unavoidable when working in that environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the people. Most are very friendly and we seem to bond over our shared pain. I've made quite a few friends here and I am not looking forward to the day I will have to leave them.
Pros
50% off one meal a day, fun people
Cons
long hours, rushes, exigent managers
specially managers dont know how to talk with workers,they have full of attitude no manners if they have high position.if you dont know french they just ask for cleaning and all.do not go there if you dont have any expereince.not good.