SSP Canada

29 September 2019
Good company policies .
Fair , genuine

In nutshell excellent company

Proper payscale on time and ethically performing all the duties and responsibilities .
27 December 2017
Same role
Cook (Current Employee) - Montréal, QC
I'm a certified chef and I've worked at high end, fast paced, high pressured restos in the last 15 years. Working at SSP is a piece of cake.

Only downside is my coworkers aren't as experienced as me. A lot of them do not know how to fix a minor problem such as uneven heat across the griddle. I discovered the problem after a few days and went to fix it... lo and behold... even heat throughout the griddle.

Working for SSP as a cook isn't always ideal for beginners, basic knowledge and abke to work in a high pressured environment. Comparing my past employment... SSP has got to be the most simple, easiest job I've ever had. Sometimes I get bored when there are no orders but at least it gives me a good few mins to really go through the kitchen and see what can I do to make it better and easier... etc.

The managers and supervisors I've met so far have been really nice.

I'm liking it there 😊😊
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Disorganization caused by coworkers, and low salary
31 May 2013
Same role
Cook (Former Employee) - toronto on
It was very fast paced, you had to always be professional with the customers and make sure they felt welcomed. Co-workers were okay, they were friendly and very enthusiastic. The hardest part of the job was the overtime due to the airport being soo busy usually my 8 hour shift would turn to 12 hour shifts. The most enjoyable part was that you got to meet people from all over the world.
Pros
incentives, free lunch
Cons
9 June 2020
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
Opinions and grievances are out from the management. No written documentation for employees in the position held. No clear policy and procedures. Rates are based on what the management wants to give.