SSENSE
Coronavirus update

SSENSE Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative16 reviews
Canada16 reviews
If you like to know more about designer retail, this would be the perfect company for you. The support from the management and your peers are always available. The work culture is great. Necessary information are disseminated daily for work reference to guide you.
Provided exceptional service to an upscale international clientele via email and telephone.
Off ered assistance and solutions to increase customer satisfaction.
I started working in the client experience team as my first job and i was on the phone ALL DAY - the ringing sound I would hear when I would get home. It was the worst experience, and if you left your desk for 5 minutes to go to the washroom you would get scolded for having put your time table to Away for too long. Terrible client complaints, worst management for client experience team, I feel bad for anyone who works there in that team and no one ever recommends it to everyone. People are not treated well, it is slavery work. Sometimes they asked you to come in on the weekends and work in a terrible call centre, questioned as to why some would miss a day due to sick leave, worst experience ever. I DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE SAVE YOURSELVES AND YOU CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER!!!
I learned a lot from my time working with SSENSE and am grateful for the skills I gained during my time there. A typical day included extensive multitasking, including answering phone calls and emails, managing security situations, coaching, projects such as recruiting, and much more. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and going above and beyond to provide a superior customer experience.
All male managers pretty much, who play favourites. You will see some of the pretty girls promoted to basically just sit and watch the queue the whole time and yell at people to go online if they are off a call for more than a minute. It seems like the higher up in the department you get, the less work you actually do.

The position itself is pretty straightforward and easy. It's the managers and their incompetence that is the issue. It's like they are reinventing the wheel every time they are trying to introduce new mandates or improve existing policies. Change is very slow or non-existent in this department, mostly because everything has to be run by the head manager (you will know who I am talking about) who is very close-minded to innovation. There is another young manager who is actually really cool, and he has lots of enthusiasm for the job and ideas, but unfortunately nothing seems to get implemented. The managers tend to deflect work- i.e. if there is a legitimate need for a manager call, they will all try to avoid it... so they can sit at the screen watching the queue. It's laughable how they even got into these positions, because they are not really effective at training or managing teams.
Great company to work for. Even though I'm aspiring to a better career, I would say that I like the culture at this job. I would recommend this job to any body interested in the career.
unprofessional and dishonest HR with snooty bad attitude and bad judgement. They hire people who can hardly speak english because they dress well over people with years of experience. they trick you into coming to interviews (in the middle of nowhere) for horrible jobs you didn't apply to. Bad judgement = bringing people with bachelors degrees to work in warehouse lol
Pros
its a call center
Cons
unprofessional embarassment
SSENSE CX is a very beginner friendly place. It gave my first full-time job after university and I stayed here for about two years.

Although there are ups and downs on my learning path, CX has been very accommodating to my needs. The manager and team-leads are good at spotting the talent on each agent and find them projects where their talents can grow.

The manager welcomes every agent within the department but also pushes everyone to try other positions. After every sale, there were, on average, 3-4 agents who were promoted to other departments and are currently still enjoying working there. I appreciate that they want to see you succeed.

CX has a strong recruiting team who represent the company pretty well. The recruiting team lead who interviewed me 2 years ago convinced me to pick SSENSE among the several offers that I had. Now I have temporarily left SSENSE for a longer term, my teammates feel sad but are more delighted to see me making a choice that I am happy with. It's CX's supportive and dynamic working environment that makes it a brilliant part of SSENSE, which makes SSENSE stand out among this industry.
Pros
Supportive team-leads
Cons
Long hours at night
very selfish management who only seem to hire the pretty young girls and all the managers are men which seems a bit odd when you're there. Very unprofessional and they make you work 8 hour shifts and respond to hundreds of unhappy customers who never received their package or item. The only benefit is there is free coffee but it doesn't make working there any better... The salary is pitiful and the management is so unprofessional and the male managers seem to flirt a lot with the female workers... For example trying to date them after work. Pretty disgusting... You need to suck up to them for them to hire you and be a pretty girl or else you're gone after the contract. No matter how hard you work.

You think you made it once you work there but once youre there and been there for more than 3 months, you'll be disappointed and wanting to leave.

don't waste your time! these people won't appreciate your work!
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Bad management, Unprofessional and fake
They hire for two sales each year, for contract positions, and give you the 'possibility' of a contract extension or permanent employment. I have worked in customer service before and found the position very easy, and even fun at times, but the way they manage the department really ruined the overall experience. They apparently do not have the budget to really offer what they claim, because at the end of my contract they offered me a sort of informal extension..... with no benefits.

Aka I keep working, but don't get health insurance or really that much job stability. They typically offer return bonuses of $500 for people that worked in one sale, then come back on contract to work for another, so if anything I would say work for them for the sales and get that bonus, but don't buy into their bs regarding 'permanent' employment opportunities. Best case scenario, they will try to scam you by 'extending' your contract. Full time employees have decent benefits from what I see... 50% discount on the website, healthcare and dental. These employees also seem to get out of doing most of the job, like calls. They will instead be put on 'queue monitoring' or 'ticket push' the entire time, aka staring at the screen and telling other people to get off of after-call, or listening to music and answering emails. They also are incredibly inflexible with scheduling. Like the person below said, some of the managers will just stop responding to you completely. The only plus I could say really is that some of the other contract employees were cool, and the downtown office is nice. However, you
 - more...
Pros
some cool colleagues
Cons
management
At first, it seemed like a dream coming true working at SSENSE. They hire you for a contractual position then slowly start telling you how much of a GREAT opportunity it is to step into the company, grow in it and all that blabla.

Then, they start assigning you to different projects, making you feel like you’re doing something to help them out and that it’ll count on keeping you permanently (L-O-L). My advise is: never believe these foolish managers and supervisors. If you’re only looking for a temporary position or are a student, SURE! Otherwise, you’re better off working elsewhere- TRUST ME. Complete waste of time.

Just because they sell designer they think they’re entitled to the way they treat people.

After the first two months, you start seeing the true colors behind these employees. One of the male supervisors- you’ll know who I’m talking about if you’ve worked there, loves to run his mouth and promise you everything- he’s full of —!!!

How can they feel okay by exploiting temporary employees by making them do so much and lie about them possibly staying?

Oh I’m not done... the communication between TLs, management and supervisors is complete s... Also, they love to shoutout publicly the people they prefer but completely forget the employees who’ve done so much.

This department is full of ..., the job is redundant, the permanent employees feel some type of entitlement. God forbid if you want to switch your shifts scheduling, he won’t even continue responding to your messages, which is completely disrespectful. There’s so much negative things out of
 - more...
Pros
Free yogurts, coffee, cereals and biweekly bagels.
Cons
Everything... e-ve-ry-thing. They treat you like a dog.
A typical day at work includes a free breakfast (fruits, cereals, yogurt), chatting with friendly colleagues and attending educating and exciting workshops. I've learned a lot from my position as a customer service agent, such as how to communicate in a professional manner and how to de-escalate situations. The workplace culture is very modern, laid-back, and fun! I have already attended the Halloween party during lunch break and the food and entertainment were great! I would say that the hardest part of the job is dealing with very angry customers, however, the most enjoyable part is receiving phone calls from very friendly and happy customers which occurs more often than angry customers!
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
angry and mean customers
It was good for the first week and after you start to see the true colors of managers. They like to talk behind peoples backs and its all Men managers and 98% of the employees are women....

They only hire pretty women and the manager were very flirty with employees, which some told me they got uncomfortable.

I left on my own terms but I warn anyone joining this company.

Find another job because you will have no career potential at SSENSE.

Very unprofessional managers but the employees are super nice and friendly. You think SSENSE and u think luxury and class but they are far from classy and also very dishonest.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
All men managers who hire pretty young girls.
As a customer service agent you have a lot of e-mails and calls to answer but the managers are there to help you with your questions. Great opportunity to work in a fashion company. However it is difficult to advance within the company.
Very poor managed company. Managers have no idea what to do or who to assign. Pay is very low and they make you work overtime.. Managers talk bad about their employees and are not there to be your friend but to tell you what to do. Very fake company and a lot of customers complaints. A basic day is youll take 70 calls per day and its a 4 hour shift no breaks included just 1 lunch hour.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Managers are very fake/ talk behind your back