SSENSE Employee Reviews

Best decision of my life
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 March 2019
Working at Ssense is the best decision I have made in my professional career.
I feel very involved in my day to day tasks. There are lots of different activities to make your day that much better. Colleagues are very open minded and the collaboration I have experienced here has no equal to where I have worked before.
I've learned a lot from my time here and I know there is a lot more that I will learn in the years to come.
It may be overwhelming sometimes when there are lots of things on your plate, however, knowing I can count on my colleagues for assistance works out for the best.
Pros
Lots of things provided by company
Cons
Location could be better
Great place to work!
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 March 2019
I've been working at SSENSE for the past 2 years and thoroughly enjoy my position and the company. Innovative vision coupled with knowledgeable, talented and diverse colleagues.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
N/a
They always push you to take a step forward. :)
Mandarin Customer Service (CX) Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 March 2019
SSENSE CX is a very beginner friendly place. It gave my first full-time job after university and I stayed here for about two years.

Although there are ups and downs on my learning path, CX has been very accommodating to my needs. The manager and team-leads are good at spotting the talent on each agent and find them projects where their talents can grow.

The manager welcomes every agent within the department but also pushes everyone to try other positions. After every sale, there were, on average, 3-4 agents who were promoted to other departments and are currently still enjoying working there. I appreciate that they want to see you succeed.

CX has a strong recruiting team who represent the company pretty well. The recruiting team lead who interviewed me 2 years ago convinced me to pick SSENSE among the several offers that I had. Now I have temporarily left SSENSE for a longer term, my teammates feel sad but are more delighted to see me making a choice that I am happy with. It's CX's supportive and dynamic working environment that makes it a brilliant part of SSENSE, which makes SSENSE stand out among this industry.
Pros
Supportive team-leads
Cons
Long hours at night
Avoid SSENSE at all costs..
Customer Service And Sales (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC22 February 2019
very selfish management who only seem to hire the pretty young girls and all the managers are men which seems a bit odd when you're there. Very unprofessional and they make you work 8 hour shifts and respond to hundreds of unhappy customers who never received their package or item. The only benefit is there is free coffee but it doesn't make working there any better... The salary is pitiful and the management is so unprofessional and the male managers seem to flirt a lot with the female workers... For example trying to date them after work. Pretty disgusting... You need to suck up to them for them to hire you and be a pretty girl or else you're gone after the contract. No matter how hard you work.

You think you made it once you work there but once youre there and been there for more than 3 months, you'll be disappointed and wanting to leave.

don't waste your time! these people won't appreciate your work!
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Bad management, Unprofessional and fake
productive and fun workplace.
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 January 2019
good company. happy to be part of this company. ssense provided a safe and enjoyable environment. it is a fast pace work and 8 hours shift. one has to pack the orders and ship them.
Maybe other departments are better? Cannot recommend customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2019
They hire for two sales each year, for contract positions, and give you the 'possibility' of a contract extension or permanent employment. I have worked in customer service before and found the position very easy, and even fun at times, but the way they manage the department really ruined the overall experience. They apparently do not have the budget to really offer what they claim, because at the end of my contract they offered me a sort of informal extension..... with no benefits.

Aka I keep working, but don't get health insurance or really that much job stability. They typically offer return bonuses of $500 for people that worked in one sale, then come back on contract to work for another, so if anything I would say work for them for the sales and get that bonus, but don't buy into their bs regarding 'permanent' employment opportunities. Best case scenario, they will try to scam you by 'extending' your contract. Full time employees have decent benefits from what I see... 50% discount on the website, healthcare and dental. These employees also seem to get out of doing most of the job, like calls. They will instead be put on 'queue monitoring' or 'ticket push' the entire time, aka staring at the screen and telling other people to get off of after-call, or listening to music and answering emails. They also are incredibly inflexible with scheduling. Like the person below said, some of the managers will just stop responding to you completely. The only plus I could say really is that some of the other contract employees were cool, and the downtown office is nice. However, you
  more... will most likely work at the head office in chabanel which is in the middle of nowhere, and has a really cold vibe, so yeah... I don't recommend it, but maybe give it a shot and see for yourself.  less
Pros
some cool colleagues
Cons
management
They use you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 January 2019
At first, it seemed like a dream coming true working at SSENSE. They hire you for a contractual position then slowly start telling you how much of a GREAT opportunity it is to step into the company, grow in it and all that blabla.

Then, they start assigning you to different projects, making you feel like you’re doing something to help them out and that it’ll count on keeping you permanently (L-O-L). My advise is: never believe these foolish managers and supervisors. If you’re only looking for a temporary position or are a student, SURE! Otherwise, you’re better off working elsewhere- TRUST ME. Complete waste of time.

Just because they sell designer they think they’re entitled to the way they treat people.

After the first two months, you start seeing the true colors behind these employees. One of the male supervisors- you’ll know who I’m talking about if you’ve worked there, loves to run his mouth and promise you everything- he’s full of —!!!

How can they feel okay by exploiting temporary employees by making them do so much and lie about them possibly staying?

Oh I’m not done... the communication between TLs, management and supervisors is complete s... Also, they love to shoutout publicly the people they prefer but completely forget the employees who’ve done so much.

This department is full of ..., the job is redundant, the permanent employees feel some type of entitlement. God forbid if you want to switch your shifts scheduling, he won’t even continue responding to your messages, which is completely disrespectful. There’s so much negative things out of
  more... this particular department that I don’t even want to know how the rest of the company runs.

Full of lies, 0 certainty yet they act like you have a chance at the beginning, but towards the end of the contracts they start saying how much of a competion it is and how hard it is to keep a permanent job there.

Honestly, keep acting this way with temporary employees and you’ll see how “far” you’re going to go.
Pros
Free yogurts, coffee, cereals and biweekly bagels.
Cons
Everything... e-ve-ry-thing. They treat you like a dog.
Mauvaise affaire
Comie d'entropot (Former Employee) –  Marie curie9 January 2019
Celui qui travaille dur et la maîtrise est le premier à être expulsé
La plupart des personnes qui ont un emploi fixe sont des hypocrites et traitent les personnes temporaires comme des prisonniers
Cons
Profite les gens qui travaillent saisonnière et ne les respecter pas
Fun place to work, but wrong place to grow.
FRENCH TRANSLATOR & COPYWRITER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 January 2019
Lots of gossiping. Too much focus on ping pong tables and beer fridays, not enough on solid management and development opportunities. Would not recommend.
Pros
Free food, gym, ping pong table, good techy tools, free beer & wine on some occasions.
Cons
Management, growth, Hr
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 November 2018

Want to know more about SSENSE?

Ask a question
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 November 2018
Very fun workspace and environment!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 November 2018
A typical day at work includes a free breakfast (fruits, cereals, yogurt), chatting with friendly colleagues and attending educating and exciting workshops. I've learned a lot from my position as a customer service agent, such as how to communicate in a professional manner and how to de-escalate situations. The workplace culture is very modern, laid-back, and fun! I have already attended the Halloween party during lunch break and the food and entertainment were great! I would say that the hardest part of the job is dealing with very angry customers, however, the most enjoyable part is receiving phone calls from very friendly and happy customers which occurs more often than angry customers!
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
angry and mean customers
fast growing company
Warehouse Driver (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 August 2018
The company alowed me to have experience as a Delivery Straight Truck class 3 driver for commercial entities. Ssense has given me the ability to interact effectively with others and to develop an appreciation for professionalism in the field of distribution and logistics.

I highly recommend Ssense as a job to anyone no matter the capacity.
Very nice Workplace
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Québec City, QC17 August 2018
The Management handles the employees superb. Cereals, coffee, milk and etc. its eat all you can and drink all you can. The workplace is very nice.....
Cons
Long Standing
It's a good place to start
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 August 2018
It's a good place to start. People are good but the problem is the job is temporary and as soon as the sale is gone they will terminate with you.
Work is not that hard but you need to stand all day
environneent des travail productif
préparateur de commande (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 July 2018
la journee commence a ramasser les article et mettre dans le chariot et l'aspect les plus diffcile est de se mettre debout pendant des heurs et le plus facile est de reste assie sans rien faire
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
courte pausse
Bad company policies and dishonest managers
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 June 2018
It was good for the first week and after you start to see the true colors of managers. They like to talk behind peoples backs and its all Men managers and 98% of the employees are women....

They only hire pretty women and the manager were very flirty with employees, which some told me they got uncomfortable.
I left on my own terms but I warn anyone joining this company.
Find another job because you will have no career potential at SSENSE.

Very unprofessional managers but the employees are super nice and friendly. You think SSENSE and u think luxury and class but they are far from classy and also very dishonest.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
All men managers who hire pretty young girls.
Love this place!
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 April 2018
SSENSE has a great work ethic and amazing head office. Vibes and people are cool and i would definitely work here again! Great kitchen area with tons of snacks for the whole office.
Pros
work ethic
Cons
salary
Easy Job , Terrible Management
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 March 2018
Employees make the work environment somewhat enjoy ,the schedule could be better , especially when they choose to force overtime on people unexpectedly. Management is absolutely terrible , disrepectful and only care about themselves even if it requires them to curse/shout and degrade their own employees. They tell you that you will have an employee discount after your hired but really you only get the employee discount if they keep you for 3 months after your initial contract which is rare , because they lay off a lot of people before the 3 month probation
Pros
employee discount (only if they keep you for 3months after your initial contract), the employees
Cons
Terrible Management, Schedules, Strict Rules
Typical Warehouse Job
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 March 2018
Seemed like an okay job to work at. Warehouse Management needs a bit of work. Warehouse Organization and Work hours could be better.
Overall Job 3/10
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Not enough work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSENSE. Our community is ready to answer.