SSENSE

SSENSE Employee Reviews

It is whatever you want to put into it

After spending three summers working in the warehouse it honestly is whatever you want to put into it. It's a solid job if you're a student looking for a summer job and decent money. The job itself is not very hard but it is super repetitive and will kill any motivation you have. Your co-workers are chill and will help you anytime but management and HR are super hit or miss. They told me I didn't have come to the onboarding and as a result they didn't have my pass ready and fingerprints in the system. Didn't get three days of pay on my pay check and had to wait until the next one to get it.

Pros

Pretty easy job, Chill co-workers

Cons

Very repetitive and boring, Miss or hit management and HR

warehouse work, good pay and environment

pretty much what you would expect from a warehouse clerk job but the work environment is better than other warehouses. the people are nice and friendly, the managers are helpful. good location, there's free parking/shuttle bus, they give free coffee/tea/snacks. the pay is really good, if you work night shift, you get a premium and another for peak period. if you want more hours, you can always get more.

Pros

high pay, good people

Stressful environment, bad management team

A typical day at work: taking calls and working on emails. Management team is quite pushy for results. They want you to take as many calls as possible and work on as many emails as possible in a certain time frame. It is a high stress environment. Management team does a lot of micro management on you at work. There is not much career advancement or growth opportunity.

Pros

Employees’s discount

Cons

Bad management team, no growth potential, stressful environment

Vibrant, friendly workplace

Fast-growing company with prospective future. Decent salary. Nice workplace culture in place with strong no-harassment policies. Open communication present in all levels of the company.

Pros

Room for contribution and change, open communication, 50% employee discount, free professional consultations (medical, legal, financial), work life balance

Cons

Fast-paced work, busy seasons

Gerant trop severe

Le gérant ne gère pas bien.Le gérant de inbound ne respecte pas ses employees. Il crie avec ses employee devant tout le monde.Ce n est pas une place ideal pour travailler. Je dirais tim hortons est plus mieux. Quand je rendre dans le travail je me sens comme dans une prison.

Pros

rien

Cons

courtes pauses, pas prefessionnelle

Great culture, incredible people

SSENSE has a great & relaxed culture with incredibly smart people. Everyone is treated with respect and kindness, and if you ever have a problem (technical/personal) someone will always be there to help.There is so much you can learn from those around you: team members, managers, colleagues from other squads etc. I learnt more in 4 months at SSENSE than most of my classes at university.

Join SSENSE to make an impact, not to sit back and relax

My role at SSENSE is one of the toughest jobs in my career. Everyday the challenges pile on, as I work to achieve goals that not only contribute to the company's success , but to the future of the industry in which we belong. I am surrounded by experts in their field, and am constantly learning new things about my craft, and myself. The directions can change at times more frequently than I'd like, but that's just a consequence of the industry SSENSE works in. Welcome to working for a top brand...Is it easy? No. Is it rewarding? You can bet your Balenciaga discount it is!In my department people actually care about my career progression, and what I need to make it here. I won't get a BS evaluation or some fluffy feedback. It's real, it's actionable - and yes - it can sting at times but my managers are there to help me grow and achieve my goals, not just deliver a report about their department.

Pros

Career management, real feedback, learning opportunities, strong company vision

Cons

Frequent changes based on market requirements

Cut throat workplace with inconsistent management expectations

Worked there as freelance for a week. Vibe was cool with everyone until I was on set with a particular coordinator who was extremely cutthroat and had a completely different attitude about the workplace environment than everyone else which was problematic as I as a freelancer was not specifically told about certain expectations. In all, I feel like there was a clear lack of communication and common understanding between the people there.

Pros

Cons

They

It's a good place for summer job for students

It's a good place if you're a student and you're looking for a summer job. The jobs are usually physically demanding, but you get used to it. The environment is friendly and people are supportive.

cool work but stressful environment and bad communication

The work itself in the warehouse is good. Lots of standing and walking around and you get to check out all the nice clothes and shoes and stuff. The shifts were pretty long and the schedule changed quite a bit but that was okay for the most part. There was a lot of mention of the speed we worked at and how you would get fired if you were to slow but at the same time the system would slow down and you couldn't continue working. The rules were different depending on the supervisor and lots of rule were just not enforced at all making things really unclear. HR also never responded to emails.

Pros

the gophers that live around the warehouse

Cons

stressful and inconsiderate workplace

Jobs at SSENSE

See more jobs

Productive and fun workplace

Ssense is a great and safe place to work, it’s very welcoming and my colleagues are nice. The manager and supervisors for the night shift are really understanding and supportive.

Pros

Safe environment, free shuttle bus, free snacks at the cafeteria.

Stressful environment, management between the customer service team and warehouse or logistics team are poor

Customers continue to keep calling and shouting at you for the results; however, when it is related to the warehouse problem, it takes forever to receive a reply from them and you will keep listening the customers shout at you everyday. No one even through the team leader can help you about this. Poor management.

Pros

You get paid

Cons

Poor Management, stressful job, customers shout at you everyday.

No good place to work because of management

Good to start but not for long time very first day of your work they explain you not to take phone with you in warehouse and stuff like that but everyone who is working there from long using their phones all hr have like ego

Cons

Long standing

Good discount, slick office but bad leaders.

Out of all the accounting department I worked at, SSENSE's accounting is the most badly managed. There's a massive backlog and we were told it's due to covid but from what I've seen, it's simply due to how it's run. Only a few weeks after I started there, both the manager and supervisor quit their job leaving the rest of the team without a sense of direction. Instead of seeking leadership internally, HR hired from outside which made thing worst since the new leadership is only focused on changing things without understanding what is actually going on. I'm glad I left. I would NOT recommend SSENSE's finance or accounting to anyone.

Pros

Good discount

Cons

No sense of direction from supervisor

Sexiest and poor attitude and management

I am very surprised that the whole team of management is just men. They would make jokes to let you trust them but they also have another mean side that they can fire you immediately. You have to ask for a permission to go to the toilet and they change the working schedule is much as the want. the HR has huge problem of handling salary. You can get paid late, less or more ( they will take it back from your account ). It is chaotic, luckily I worked there through agent so I got paid without much problems like those hired directly by the company.

Pros

I got paid

Cons

treat you like gabbage

terrible management and unprofessional

The colleagues are nice but the management is awful and unprofessional. In the beginning, they will let you believe in opportunities that don't exist, in the direct support and feedback you'll not have. And the only thank you will receive from them will be in the same email letting you know that your contract ends shortly. Management is super unprofessional, makes careless mistakes and doesn't even worry about it/apologize. Long story short, a short-term contract to make some money is fine if you don't take them seriously because they will certainly not take you.

Pros

Cooperation, colleagues

Cons

Poor management

Good for making money

If you’re looking for short term work, SSENSE is a great option. It is a very casual environment in the warehouse, everyone was friendly and nice, and it can be very fun and relaxed at times depending on the work you’re doing. But it can also be physical and fast paced when duty calls. It’s not always consistent but it’s nothing difficult. Just repetitive. As for management.. not so reliable. They don’t know what they’re team on the floor is up to due to the fact that they are usually at their desks not communicating with their employees. So decisions are made impulsively based on what they think is right but not based on how things actually work which creates a big mess. A mess that employees below them are then left to clean up with little appreciation. They encouraged team work but I didn’t really view them as part of the team.The pay at SSENSE is not fair or based on your skill or performance. I made 13.80 when I became permanent as a regular warehouse worker. I was asked to fill a management role when COVID hit and some managers had to stay home. Not including the $2 premium for covid that everyone received, they did not raise my salary even after bringing it up with them twice. I had ten times the responsibility, responsible for different teams, even taking on tasks like firing employees by myself since I was alone running the department at night. But I quit that role because my pay never changed and I didn’t love burning out for 13 bucks. I just got a thank you and a gift card. So this job is great if you just need a job to make money. I say don’t take it too seriously -

Pros

Free food, good people, discount

Cons

Management, pay

Great entry level workplace with a cool kid vibe

Working at SSENSE was an overall good experience. I was on contract with the customer service team. If you are on contract, they might tell you there are advancement opportunities, but a very small batch of temps gets selected for this. Management is overall pretty chill and if you perform well they trust you with discretion. The rest of the customer care team is great -- you will make friends, you will all get stressed together, and you will navigate the IG mess that is the rest of the company. People who work in editorial, tech, buying, etc think they have the sexiest job in the world and carry themselves like that. I found people who worked in the studio and in customer care to be down to earth, but keep an eye out for big shots. If you're a temp, you don't get the employee discount, which is 50% for FT employees and goes a long way with luxury fashion. Customer Service will be non-stop during the peak of the sale, but towards the beginning it isn't so bad. Most customers are friendly, but with luxury items comes luxury attitude. Location is very out of the way with hardly any food options around.

Pros

beer friday, bagel monday, coffee machines, fruit baskets

Cons

short breaks, unpaid lunch, vibes

One of best company I work

Working in Ssense was so nice I always miss this society nice and kind management management, rest rooms lunch rooms fruits, tea coffee in every break, light work I wish they open branch in BC then I could rejoin I. Earning double but always miss this work

Nice workplace

Nice People but the salary sucks. It is good for temporary work. what you learnedmanagementworkplace culturethe hardest part of the jobthe most enjoyable part of the job

job-life balance note

Here in ssense making benefit is a first purpose, it's normal, however there is no intention to make a balance between life and work, so many employees are suffering

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSENSE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement