Squirrel Systems

Squirrel Systems Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
This job was good, the people were great. Pay sucked and opportunities for advancement also were not great. I would probably not return to this position but would suggest it for someone starting out in tech support.
I enjoyed working at Squirrel systems for 14 long years. It's just a pity the company needed to lay off workers due to COVID. The company always conduct a monthly meeting to abreast all personnel of the situation and standing of the industry. We have also Socials Committee for which I had been a member for three years.The company look after the health and safety of everyone and we have also the Safety Committee which I had been a member for 6 months before the lay offs. The people are supportive and the company is very strict on harassment and bullying. Each member works as a member of the team and everyone is willing to learn and teach. To sum it up, Squirrel Systems is one workplace to be enjoyed while working.
Pros
Free Friday lunch once every two months and monthly meeting with the President with free lunch.
Cons
Sometimes meeting lasted for more than an hour, Even the free lunch is extended to more than the required lunch break, There's a tendency for some to take advantage.
I hated this job.

Angry, impatient, often rude restaurant staff calling one after the other to get help with their glitching or busted up greasy old system. I found it all stressful at that place and disliked many of the people who worked there. You have to love cubicle call center life to be able to do this kind of work.

Was not for me at all.
Pros: Great pay and benefits and easy as well as free parking. Great product that's been around for years and is growing. Great customers and calls are generally easy but tedious.

Cons: Sales and all management dont care about the end user at all. CEO tries but ibassume the yes meh arent telling him the whole story as he seems the type to try and fix it. Horrible management, lack of care from employees, way to focused on sales and drop everything to the agents answering calls. The entire staff act like a snobby clique. If you don't fit the clique they go out of their way to make you know it.
Pros
Pay is great benefits rock.
Cons
Management, coworkers.
I've been really enjoying my time with Squirrel. Hard work is very much appreciated and rewarded with fun company-wide events at least once a month. We had Valentines chocolate-grams, a Christmas cookie-exchange, a summer picnic, and many more. Fitness is also very much encouraged, with the company enabling participation in events, such as the Sun Run and Tough Mudder, on the Squirrel Team. There is a Steve Nash Boot camp once a week and corporate memberships to Steve Nash and Oxygen yoga available. There are also fresh fruit delivered to the office twice a week and snacks available in the lunch room.
The management is very approachable and open. It feels like the company is constantly working on itself, improving company culture, setting and achieving goals and making it great place to work. The people are warm and friendly.

I wish that the starting vacation time was more than two weeks, but that's pretty typical and it increases the longer you work here.
Pros
Spud, Fitness, Great Team, Fun Workplace
Cons
short vacation time
The company has changed a lot in the last few years and is an exciting place to work. I've been here 6 months and feel like things are really picking up-- new leadership, new products,lot of new hires, makes this a fun place to work.
Pros
office reno, great culture (tons of staff events), fresh fruit from SPUD everyday
Cons
office reno (still in progress), a lot to do (you can get stretched thin), location (need to drive to lunches and coffee)
New presidents, a few new executives and a great culture make this a great place to work.

Salary/advancement is based on quality of work, which is great.

I love the flexibility, their focus on team bonding and their efforts to support staff on personal accomplishments such as tuition reimbursement, paid training, etc.
Pros
Culture, fun work events, team unity
Squirrel is a good company to work with. Typical day is taking calls, and training customers, or dispatching technicians / troubleshooting.

People for the most part there are friendly. Management is personable.

You'll learn more about the restaraunt industry and some of the challenges technical or otherwise that they face.

You can advance but the timeline to get tier 3 pay while doing the work looks like around 3-5 years.
Pros
Learning opportunity, stable job, culture / environment is good.
Cons
Pay isn't the best for living costs of the area.
Great place to work at, amazing people to work with
Smart co-workers, progressive company, fair compensation, market leader, positive work environment
Pros
Nothing that i can think of.
This is the worst company I have ever worked for in my life. They are falling apart, and I can not think of a single redeeming factor as to why anyone would choose to work for them other than a reasonable work / life balance.
Pros
Fresh fruit delivered once a week
Cons
everything
This is (in my opinion) an excellent place to work for people who wants to learn how to deal with bullies in the workplace.

Product-wise: Solution design is considered 1 decade behind its competitors. Management are not pro-active but very good at attacking issues/problems. They talk vision - not walk. They talk about cloud but not about their own solution. They talk about mobile but only as consumer for mobile devices, again not about their own solution.

Operation-wise: Individualism rules in this company and politics is obvious from day 1 - it's part of their culture. Squirrel's QA process is narrow and they LOVE repeating tasks. Solution Center division is full of 'restaurant mentality' and they bring that to the workplace. You won't feel you are in a professional organization when you are in their work area. Their R&D is like 99.9% 'D' and 0.1% 'R'.