Square Enix Employee Reviews

Moderm and casual workspace
Lead Accountant (Current Employee) –  Montreal13 June 2016
I had a great time and an amazing work experience at Square Enix.
But possibilities for a promotion were very limited so it is time for me to move on
Excellent Studio to be a part of.
Studio Lead Animator, Dir Technical Animator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 October 2013
1- Typical Day: Scrum, catch up with the team and deliverables. Work with the animation team, designers, and programmers to achieve our goals. Scheduling. Work toward setting the bar in terms of creative and process quality. Animating, Story boarding, Film editing, Setting clear goals and objectives, rigging, skinning, R and D as to new technology pertaining to animation and AI behaviors.

2- What I learned: A Lot of knowledge sharing between studios. Tech, and pipelines, different ways to approach similar problems. Not at liberty to discuss particulars.

3- Management: Really good. Very experienced and well versed. Able to adapt to the growth of the company very well.

4- My Co-Workers: The best. One of the best teams I have had the opportunity to work with.

5- Hardest part of the job: Corporate changes due to the market and financial forecasts. Project shifts are always a hard transition even for the best of teams.

6- Most enjoyable: The people, no question. I worked with so many talented, experienced bright people, who really share a common vision to set the bar in terms of quality and experience.