SQUAMISH NATION Employee Reviews

All in your last name
Receptionist/Admin Support (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC20 March 2019
These people do not accept those that are off reserve First Nations. You are given minimum wage even with years of experience. IF you are blessed with the right last name, you do not need experience, you will get the job, and at twice the minimum wage pay.
Pros
Cons
Nobody likes you
Flexible and engaging work place
Youth In Trades (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 July 2018
I liked the people who trained us and everyone there you met whether it was the office people or lunch ladies, everyone had a smile. I was being trained to learn a whole bunch of skills such as my first aid level 1, fall protection, boomlift, and Ariel lift, and my WHMS. It was everyday weekday from 8-3. I got about $800 every 2 weeks.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
In the hot sun everyday
Great Place to work
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC16 May 2018
Bosses have been great! It has been a great place to work. Very family oriented. Bosses actually care for your well being. Staff is very friendly. This is a great place.
Was a good work place for me, good enviroment.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 October 2017
I had a great time workimg for my nation over the years, it was a good work environment and the people I worked with were really easy to work with. All in all it was a good experience.
Pros
Good work enviroment, great coworkers
Every Day Business
Receptionist/Admin Support (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC24 August 2017
There is a major amount of office politics to deal with. The people that work here are related to each other directly, and they do not like new faces, or new ideas floating around them.
They attack in groups, and they do not work for the cause at hand.
They blame others, and do not take responsibility for their actions.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the people we were actually working for.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Working with people in the office
Productive and fun workplace
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC24 January 2017
It was a first in terms of securing employment with a First Nations government agency run by an outstanding team of educated leaders inspired to create a better life for their team. Truly an honour.
Meet a new challenge daily. Never boring.
Department Head (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA4 May 2016
eight hour day.
learned to coordinate several agencies to move in the same direction to get a job done. i.e. municipal services, environmental standards met, Provincial and Federal criterial met in order for a project to move forward.
Worked with professionals on a daily basis e.g. civil engineers, environmental consultants, CGA- Accountants, Municipal Engineers, worked with other department heads as required.
Pros
Meeting with exciting, positive like minded people.
Cons
the job, although not required, turned into a 24/7 job. Considering I live in the community I work in, it's inevitable to run in to a client or co-worker after hours.
Very nice place to work - interaction with all Cliental- and co-workers
Aministration support worker (Current Employee) –  Squamish, BC18 February 2016
typical regular day is awesome smiling faces first thing in the am also interaction from co-workers friendlyness - professional-
Pros
close to home - no commuting
Cons
wage
Aboriginal corruption at its worst
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver28 September 2015
Sadly a very poor example of an Aboriginal agency being hypocritical as staff have poor professional boundaries, time managment and professionalism yet expect that from staff. Several Squamish Nation members of staff have reported lateral violence in the work place. If you fit in with the click and do as they say, not as they do you will be fine. Otherwise find a healthy organisation that treats all of its members fairly, respectfully and with compassion.
Quiet and productive
Employment Service Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  3-1500 Railway Street North Vancouver24 November 2014
a typical day start out with a meeting with supervisor, to plan out the tasks I will be performing example researched and recorded information on employees for pay role, using excel 2013. Filed Faxed documents to proper departments, answered phone calls, cleaned working areas and took out the garbage
Pros
easy going
Cons
starting time not always the same
This is a great place to work, I worked for Ayes Men men child and Family Services
Case Manager, Acting Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK30 October 2014
This was a great place to work, staff supported one another, and more importantly the Executive director Kelly Mc Renolds was very supportive of her staff and moving the agency forward to esnureing children are safe, protected and by First Nations.
Great place to work with good benifits
Environmental Officer (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver15 January 2013
Great bunch of folks to work with. I managed the Environment & Natural Resource Department for Squamish Nation so my job would consist of 50% field work and 50% Office work. Everyday was a different day and never knew what new and exciting challenges awaited me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SQUAMISH NATION. Our community is ready to answer.