SPUD.ca logo
SPUD.ca

SPUD.ca Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews

Great place to be in

The atmosphere and culture is nice, job is easy and the company cares about its staff as opposed to other delivery companies or just businesses in general. Free food every now and then to take home, and good work sure is recognized. Prioritizes safety over profit margin and would never give you anything you cannot handle. Did I mention there are benefits too?

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Can be hard to get home if you don’t drive

Amazjng company to work at.

Great work culture. The staff is super friendly. The coordinators leading you are super supportive. The company cares for its employees. You matter to the company.

Worst management, raciest and worst work and safety environment

I worked for more than a year and the favouritism level was higher than anything I could imagine! I heard so many comments for my religious belief and the way I would drees up! They do not care how hard you work they will promote whoever they like! They also do not care about employees’s safety at all! My friend fell and had an injury at work place they told her quite the job! The management do not respect no one at all! They act like they are the zoo owner so they always yell scream and hire and easily fire people!

Pros

No pros at all!

Cons

Everything you will experience!

Perfect place for beginners

Excellent staff, very good work culture, perfect place to start with your experience. Night shift is the best as you can further do another part time day job

Pros

Good collegues

Cons

No job security

friendly staff

Friendly company with remote working available due to coronavirus... Relaxed atmosphere, nice friendly staff and management. Great company values and produce.

management and staff is great. super friendly and easy to get along with.

i loved working at SPUD, it was the best job i have worked at in my life. If you enjoy driving and working alone this is the job for you, you will see some customers so if you enjoy that then this job is for you, oh and the fact that the drives are beautiful and you can listen to music and podcasts all day:)

Pros

good benefits

Cons

Long hours sometimes, long drives

Good

It was good to work with spud.ca, people their working are so good and comfortable to work with and that was very Friendly enviornment. They give sufficient break to take some food

Easy job with low pay

Easiest job I've ever had, but the pay is so low you can make a living. Vehicles are a little janky, but it's nice. to. spend. a whole shift alone. Work phones are supplied with a dispatch app which literally holds your hand, tells you all the information you need and gps from one delivery location to the next.

Be watchful.

If you apply to work as a Driver or warehouse person, be on the lookout and don't feel pressured to do things that you know makes no sense to do. Speak your mind, and don't let people say no to you.

Want to say nice things but really cant.

Worked there for years as a delivery driver. Bo raises. After many years was still making under industry standard. Witnessed verbal abuse from managment... funding was so bad they apparently couldn't even buy toilet paper... let alone fix the badly aging damaged delivery vehicles. No breaks... if your good at the job expect to do the work of others who cannot do theirs

Jobs at SPUD.ca

See more jobs

fast paced and stressful

The faster you work the less money you made - but the more time you took the more you were scolded for taking too much time. not worth driving for the little money y0u made and for my transportation system did let us take vans home if we worked the next day

Truly a bait and switch company

Spud has been the worst employer in my personal experience. You will be hard pressed to get a wage over 15$/ hr, management does not respect time off and won't hesitate to contact you on your days off. Management are not properly trained in OHS safety and ignore bullying in the work place and have no follow through on workers concerns. They refuse to update proper equipment and have little respect for warehouse workers. The entire warehouse is in constant tension and has been the most negative environment I have worked in. The benefits however are quite good,

Pros

Some cool warehouse staff

Cons

Negative work environment, little wage for hard work

Run. Run far away.

Do you like being yelled at? Do you enjoy being belittled? Does getting injured on a weekly basis thrill you? Do you love working beneath utterly incompetent people? Does being threatened to be sent home or fired constantly just get you going? Then SPUD Vancouver is perfect for you! This dangerous and idiotic warehouse welcomes you with open arms and angry hearts. Enjoy working at SPUD for as long as you can tolerate. I know I did!

Pros

Benefits, ok hours

Cons

Incompetent management, dangerous work environment, Constant threats, overworked, smelly

Irresponsible and dishonest

This company has a lot of promotional material that makes it seem like an awesome company to work for, but they don't follow through on most of what they say. They don't seem to value my safety or my health, and most of the other people that I speak with feel the same way. They moved everybody to their new warehouse location (where safety equipment is required) and expect people to work without safety equipment. When I brought up my concerns to leadership, they argued but changed nothing. In debates they're willing to say pretty much anything to get their way.

Pros

Benefits for employees over 24 hours a week

Cons

Long hours, stressful environment, irresponsible leadership, unsafe working conditions, dishonest communication

Worst job ever

If you want to waste your time come and work for SPUD.CA No management!!! It's their way or highway. No respect to their employees. The work schedule is how it suits SPUD and so on.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Everything is cons

Good Company

I get to work by myself when driving but still get to be social when delivering customers bins. Everyone is nice to work with. Packs are not always ready on time which can cause delays and be frustrating.

Pros

Great people, B Corp

Cons

Warehouse can be behind

good environment.

we can learn various things while doing work there. Everyday learn new skills and how to do work in team,get new knowledge anout the variety of products.

Pros

free food

Cons

nothing

It was good.

They knew I was a student and I was able to get a flexible work week. I started at the bottom, gave some effort and was given opportunities to go further. There are some cool people who work there and I respect those cool people. Sometimes it gets stressful, but what job doesn't?

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

questionable delivery vans, wear good shoes

Poor Warehouse Management, Very Little Opportunity

I was an employee for nearly 2 years. I was let go for reasons related to personal growth. The management in the warehouse was not particularly motivational, and seemed more focused on what was done wrong than what was done right. Front office staff were wonderful people, and provided a very positive environment. I never had any evidence in front of me that I might be let go, and the opportunities for advancement or change in position over the course of two years were at best few and far between. Those who have not been here for an extended period of time are, as in many places, the most likely to be let go. Job security and advancement, on top of management that seemed to lack the understanding of how employees viewed the workplace were the largest challenges.

Pros

Free food when items are written off, Wonderful front office staff.

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities, inexperienced management.

Great work environment, but a bit disorganized.

So much fun to work there! The people are amazing. Work culture is great - really fun, down-to-earth, and unique. Everyday work tasks are a bit disorganized and chaotic though.

Poor management

I've tried the position of driver for a short period of time and it was really disappointing. At every shift I had a different problem (no vehicle assigned, problem with the vehicle, etc ) that need to be solved by a manager or a supervisor. I had absolutely no clue who was on service neither the staff in the warehouse and I had to find out on my own where he was on a two story building with no key card to access any section of it. No phone number on the work cell phone to contact any of them. I was waisting so much time at the start of my shift to answer those questions that I could haven invested it in the main purpose of my job. Almost every employees was seems annoy that I asked them to help me. I never received a hello or a smile coming to work. Neither any feedbacks from the management. It have no atmosphere in the company. Also the vehicle could be better maintain. Overall a disappointing experience and I hope they will change how they run their delivery department because it's a chaos. Good luck!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SPUD.ca. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement