Sprucedale Care Center

Sprucedale Care Center Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
This is my opinion... Sprucedale could be awesome if they wanted to be!.. but...

The adds on the radio, say "competitive wage"....

The starting wage is $17!!!...max is 22 something

... . 30 year vets making this...So sad they deserve more!!!!

..There are no premiums…. no incentives... barely give you OT for anything.... you have to check your pay all the time to see if its right.

I am not a disgruntled past employee I am an employee who has worked a variety of jobs and seen many homes.

It has a beautiful set up, visually appeasing...some good programs

Management is SOOO poorly run, the lies and coverups, favoritism is unimaginable. They have it down to an art almost like crooked Politian's. They listen to the lazy and mouthy, ignore the hardworkers with the big hearts…. They think that they are above everything and don't barely try to even get a taste of the floor to know what the heck is going on. The pandemic brough a lot of management on the floor... Sprucedale management didn't budge.

They continue to loose good staff ...they are constantly short staffed..constantly working short.... can barely staff the building that they have and want to add 32 more beds.

They do some things to show appreciation for staff... but I am sorry I am not a sucker for Pizza parties. Many LTC places show way more appreciation towards staff than Sprucedale claims to. They think they do... so part of the problem

Hardwork goes unnoticed...and the work load is very high here. They have horrible lifts and it is a physically demanding work load.

The thing they have going
 - more...
Pros
amazing underappreciated staff
Cons
everything else
This is not just a place to work but it’s a “home”. I am so proud to work here. This organization has won awards, have always achieved great accreditation results and we work as a team. The managers and owner always look out for their residents and staff.
Ownership cares for money not thier staff
Worse pay. No pension no hope to further yourself. ALL about the money to them and it shows.please pass on this job.
Privately owned = cheaply run. Low employee wages, no pension, no union. 3% in lieu of benefits. Staff are great, management are decent, owners are understanding, but refuse to pay their employees a decent wage.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Horrible pay
A company that truly respects their staff. They even provide staff with appreciation days, birthday and Christmas gifts. Staff help each other and create a a great working environment. For those that left negative comments about this company, its most likely because they're a bitter they don't work here anymore.
Beautiful fairly new facility..some staff are amazing and others are brutal. Management cares more about the building and money then residents or staff concerns
When I first started to work at Sprucedale it was like a big family. Over the years animosity and each department became bitter and tried to get the other department in trouble.
Management treated staff unequally.

It was a very diverse culture and we all maintained each other boundaries.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the death of a resident.

The part of loved the most was the residents someone could learn so much. Learn to deal with their behaviours etc and to put what you learned into play.
Pros
at one time was like a family
Cons
everyone not treated equally
I learned how to advance my nursing skills while being a personal support worker. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the impact you had on other peoples lives.
Great place to work. Everyone is wonderful from residents to staff. Lots of personal rewards to get from dealing with the elderly.
Pros
Resident rewards
Cons
Dealing with the loss of a resident
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sprucedale Care Center. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9