Springs Window Fashions Employee Reviews for Field Sales Representative

Great benifits and flexible schedule
SR. FIELD SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK3 February 2019
SWF is a nice company to work for. They provide great benefit packages and other incentives for its associates. The management is very project driven, sometimes at the expense of its employees but that is not uncommon among other large corporations. The hardest part of my job is managing my family life and work life. It requires a lot of traveling and there have been many events that my children have had that I missed because of the traveling. The most enjoyable part of my job is its flexibility. I am the "CEO" of my territory and can manage it, to a certain extent, how I believe will drive sales.
Fun and interesting business
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA18 December 2017
Trained customers on in store products. Traveling the central valley to call and train customers. Enjoyed working together with customers and throe customers
Pros
discounts on producta
Cons
communication
Independence to manage your territory.
Senior Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX6 February 2016
Great career opportunity until until new ownership resulting in cut backs in field sales staff, as well as increased weekend requirements.
Pros
Self scheduling to meet monthly objectives provided.
Cons
Increased week end work requirements and FSR down sizing.
decent pay, was hard for me to balance work/home life
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WI5 September 2015
as an FSR you can expect about 50-75% of your time spent on the road or in stores. After initial training, you're pretty much on your own with little to no guidance from your manager. For someone who has never help a position such as this its aggravating not knowing who to reach out to. Don't expect any thing from SWF in a hurry, other employees joke that they "run on Springs time" its took me 2 months to receive business cards, and almost 4 to receive a name badge.

Take this review how ever you'd like, for me it just wasn't a good fit .
Pros
company car, flexability of schedule
Cons
little to no guidance once in position, several projects rolled out at once can be overwhelming, huge territories means you spend hours on end driving pretty much daily
Ageing company, relevance in market has passed
Field Sales & Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN17 July 2013
no loyalty in the company, senior leadership paranoid about what field reps are doing. Last in technology and new products. Company will be bought in the next ten years and gutted.
Pros
people in the accounts are good to deal with
Cons
senior leadership team-out of touch
Professional company
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX18 September 2012
I enjoyed this job thoroughly as I was in charge of my accounts and had a huge amount of autonomy since the bulk of the position required much travel and personal motivation and commitment to work without much supervision.