Springs Window Fashions Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Stressful, middle management is awful.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PA3 May 2019
Overtime is mandatory more often than not, and you never know when you will be told about it. They had good perks but then they started taking everything away once they were acquired and established a new CEO. They set new guidelines that do not make sense and they pit coworkers against each other, instead of working as a team. People have worked there for decades and make a $1 more than a new hire. They refuse to hire new people to replace retirees and people who have resigned, leaving the stress on the workers that are left, to pick up the slack. Management- they all talk and hang out with each other but do not even say hello to the people they manage. The HR person likes to use pretty words to make it sound like it’s not bad when they take something good away and replace it with something lackluster.

They plan a Customer Service week but really it’s just to give management something to pretend to work on. They literally spend months planning it, but it’s half assed every year.

To wrap things up:

They play favorites.
They don’t communicate with employees.
They once were great, now they treat people like garbage.
They micromanage.
Pros
You can go on breaks? Lol
Cons
Leads and Management, no growth, no positive change, good ideas go unheard, they don’t care.
Not Recommended
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, PA10 March 2019
Unless you live near the office, I don't recommend working there. Unless it's a state of emergency and they are required by law to close, you will be penalized for any absences during bad weather conditions, and are unable to make up the time. Other offices that are not customer service don't follow these guidelines... that basically tells you that their lives are more valued than yours in customer service. During an 8 hour shift, you'll get two breaks and a lunch. Don't expect to leave your desk outside of those scheduled breaks without being questioned on what you're coded for, and what you're doing. Customer's are always right, and you will get screamed at on a daily basis. When the customers request to speak with a supervisor, they will just agree with the customer and give them whatever you want, undermining you following policy, because they don't want to get yelled at. The product specialists are extremely unwilling to speak with anyone on the phone. Was a great place to work years ago, but it is now a tense work environment, where you feel babysat, and get verbally abused daily. Not worth it.
They do not practice what they preach
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania27 February 2019
I will say the people at the PA offices are wonderful and friendly. However they say they want a team driven atmosphere, and want to create the best experience for customers and employees a like, I never found that to be the case. While in theory their strategy should work coaches are there to help, but you almost never hear from them.
The entire time I worked there I never once met my direct supervisor other than in passing, my supervisor never introduced themselves at all.

While I did not find the job difficult to do, however there were long stretches between breaks on occasion it would be four hours. In some cases associates were being reprimanded for bathroom breaks, you are expected to take call after call which is to be expected in a call center, be aware if you can not sit for long periods of time this job is not for you.

There is a distinct lack of communication, and I initially had no idea who to ask about certain questions I had. And I never really felt like the company cared about us, the people there truly did care. But the company policy is stuck in the stone age and not progressing. Initial training was A+ after that though you essentially get very little training even when training on different lines. I think most of these issues are standard in a call center. I would be told one thing by a coach and then other employees would tell me something completely different, again I don't think it's the individuals fault I think the company needs to figure out a way to better dispense information
Not a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PA11 October 2018
It is entirely too much information to have to be able to provide to your caller. Alot of times management will disagree with one another regarding how to handle certain situations
Love this place & I would go back!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PA6 August 2018
I enjoyed working here because all the job can be challenging the staff and management team made the environment as comfortable as possible. Everyone is understanding although they have their own guidelines and policies that they have to follow. Overall great place to work. Love the benefits, the view from break room and how up to date the technology is.
Pros
Awesome place to work
Cons
Occurrence policy
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Montoursville, PA6 May 2018
It can get stressful at times but the company recognizes that and rewards employees accordingly. They tend to work with you on your schedule as long as you are showing up on time and doing your work.
Ugh
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, PA14 December 2017
Most calls you get yelled at for something you have no control over, having to pull a supervisor call for the team leader to explain the exact same thing to the consumer as you did. Outside of calls you are basically chained to your desk, if you aren't on a call you aren't pleasing anyone.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PA7 November 2017
The training for the Job was lacking, however the hours were flexible and it was a pleasant work environment. It was high paying for our area, and it was easy to work closely with management if needed
nice coworkers and management
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PA4 October 2017
the hours i work are hard for a family with one parent on call all the time. 930-6 is a tough shift when u have small children, there really is no work life balance there
Pros
great work environment, appreciation is shown alot, great training
Cons
work hours arent the best for families with small children
Productive and fun place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, PA25 July 2017
Sitting at a computer for 8-10 hours a day taking phone calls. I've learned how to manage time. How to hep end consumers understand our products and how to relay information that they will be helpful to them.
Decent place to work, managment is iffy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, PA27 August 2016
Not too bad of a place to work. Most of your coworkers are nice, but the managment plays favorites like no one's business. There's room for growth, but not unless you're kissing butt every day.
Pros
great pay, free coffee
Cons
no incentives, not much work life balance at all
Poor environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, PA28 April 2016
The workplace was dirty and not enjoyable. They had bug problems and the dust was awful, your first day there they told you to buy Lysol wipes for your desk.
Great company// not enough training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PA29 July 2015
Showed they appreciated employees. However the training was not enough for what was expected from you. Very stressful
Terrible
CSR (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, PA6 July 2015
They push and push and don't stop. I was there for a long time and things changed a lot, you follow policy but no one backs you up. It is going down hill very fast.
Springs Window Fashions, LLC
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, PA27 March 2015
This company manufactures and sells window fixtures. I worked in the call center for customer service. A typical day at work included answering customer phone calls, either to help them solve troubleshooting problems or help them place orders. Management was very helpful, and provided extensive training for nearly two months. I had many co-workers, so I didn't get to know them all, but the ones around me were always helpful and friendly when I needed them. The hardest part of the job was remembering all the different little parts of a window blind, and the most enjoyable part was when I could help a customer and they left the phone call satisfied.
Best customer service job in the area
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Williamsport10 January 2015
When you start you have to learn a lot!!!! But once you get the hang of it the job is easy and pays well. Management treats the employees well and there are opportunities for advancement. The only negative is that during peak seasons if you are full time you are forced to work 1 or 2 hours of mandatory overtime (generally on Monday and Tuesdays (sometimes Wednesday-Friday too)). If you need the money you won't mind the OT, but it really sucks during the summer when the weather is nice and you're forced to work 10 hours per day. Overall it's still a good place to work.
Pros
Pay, benefits, good management, advancement opportunities
Cons
Difficult to learn when you first start, mandatory overtime
Not a great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, PA13 September 2014
I worked for them for 14 years. About my 10th year with the company, things started to change. I did my job the same as I always had, always got exceeds requirements on my reviews and minded my own business. My 10th year started a snowball effect of negativity from my supervisors. I could never do enough to meet their needs, was told I needed to do more (even though I was taking calls on 6 phone lines) and it seemed like every day they criticized something I did from the day before. I was actually told one day that I took 13 calls an hour (goal is 9) but I still could do more. REALLY???!!! I finally called them out on what they were doing, and all of a sudden, the "bullying" stopped. I told them that they were trying to force me out because I had been there 14 years and made a good amount of money. They wanted me to quit so they could hire someone else to make $3.00 + less an hour than I made. Of course they denied it, but I wasn't the only person they were bullying. Seemed they were doing this with several people with seniority. Well, in August they got their wish. I was hired elsewhere and quit. Best decision I have ever made. Oh, and I was a work at home associate. They should realize there is a problem when a person is willing to leave the comfort of their home. But they don't care, I was just a #.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
No compassion, treated poorly, stressful job.
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PA6 July 2014
If you enjoy customer service and do not mind talking blinds then this is the place to be!
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, PA14 May 2014
I loved this job, but it was just a temp job and had to end. Highly recommend!
Productive, fun environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PA11 December 2013
I answered incoming calls to assist customers in placing orders for window treatments. Other duties included checking the status of existing orders for customers, I also entered faxed orders into the computer system. I learned a new data entry system. Management was wonderful and very helpful. My co-workers were always willing to help when needed. The hardest part of the job was learning the computer system. I enjoyed being able to complete a customers request.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springs Window Fashions. Our community is ready to answer.