Springs Window Fashions Employee Reviews

Collaborative friendly atmosphere
Engineering Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WI16 May 2019
great place to work! It's a small office so you get to wear many different hats. I was an intern and instead of just giving me the boring busy work, they tried to teach me as much as possible about the process of design.
Pros
people
Cons
drainage
Used to be a great place to work
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pennsylvania10 May 2019
Company has gone down hill. Support staff are treated badly since all they concentrate on is keeping cs reps and making goals at all costs. Management used to care about their associates in customer service. Apparently they are following the new CEOs lead.
Pros
Cons
Keep piling more and more work on people with no advancement or additional pay
Where is our money
TSM (Current Employee) –  NY4 May 2019
I have given my all to this company for 10 years; and they way the new management is treating employees is horrible. There are so many complaints and nobody is doing a thing. You basically pull our commissions and give us some so called bonus that benefits you new management to make money not your reps. We work 50+ hrs a week, emails, texts from dissatisfied dealers with quality issues, turnaround times, pricing. We constantly screw up and we have to be the "bad guy" and tell our dealers, sorry no more discounting on your hardware that we've been doing for years. We are disappointing what dealers that are left. Most have gong to Alta, Hunter and Norman and Worldwide. So the reps are left with not opportunity for growth, no bonus and we are suffering. What kind of investment companies do not know how this company is operating and think it's okay to treat your employees this way. We are almost half way into the next quarter and NO GOAL? Do you guy's really think this is okay? HMMMMMM legal action might turn this around. You might be able to bully some but quite a few of us are standing up. We want what we are owed; we work very hard for this company. You hire new don't know this industry and expect us to train? Really, again expectations but can't compensate us. My goal was raised 8% but other teammates had 1%, 2% even decrease. This is nothing but a bunch of nonsense and just isn't right. So many people are gone that the ones that are left are taking on addition workload and it literally takes days to a week to even get an answer on a response. From customer  more... service to support in divisions product across the company everyone is overloaded, stressed  less
Pros
When we were respected and valued as human beings
Cons
Pay cuts, poor poor communication
Stressful, middle management is awful.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PA3 May 2019
Overtime is mandatory more often than not, and you never know when you will be told about it. They had good perks but then they started taking everything away once they were acquired and established a new CEO. They set new guidelines that do not make sense and they pit coworkers against each other, instead of working as a team. People have worked there for decades and make a $1 more than a new hire. They refuse to hire new people to replace retirees and people who have resigned, leaving the stress on the workers that are left, to pick up the slack. Management- they all talk and hang out with each other but do not even say hello to the people they manage. The HR person likes to use pretty words to make it sound like it’s not bad when they take something good away and replace it with something lackluster.

They plan a Customer Service week but really it’s just to give management something to pretend to work on. They literally spend months planning it, but it’s half assed every year.

To wrap things up:

They play favorites.
They don’t communicate with employees.
They once were great, now they treat people like garbage.
They micromanage.
Pros
You can go on breaks? Lol
Cons
Leads and Management, no growth, no positive change, good ideas go unheard, they don’t care.
If you're a young adult stay away
Floater In Charge (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WI27 April 2019
You will not advance and will be treated poorly due to your age the company doesn't care for employees they tend to blame there lack of employment on reasons workers are on overtime for weeks on end
Muy buena empresa
Super Trainer (Former Employee) –  Reynosa, Tamps.26 April 2019
Muy Buena empresa. Con cultura laboral social y con crecimiento sin duda.
Pros
Buenas prestaciones y seguro de vida
Cons
Muchas horas laborales diarias.
Doesn't pay and micromanages
Sales (Current Employee) –  Georgia23 April 2019
I have been with this organization for 7 years; and was a great company to work for up until 2 years ago. It started out with micromanaging, actions selling, tracking pointing fingers etc. I as most of my colleagues work 60 or more hours a week. Our product quality is very bad and turnaround time even worse. Then they want us to be robotic and report to dealers with scripted verbiage to use which they are becoming very defensive about. This company is trying to be Hunter Douglas but we are far from it. They do not have a relationship with their dealers like this and far exceed our product offerings. We have been nothing close to innovative and we have been giving feedback for years with no change in sight. We are overpriced and our dealers are moving to Norman, Hunter because we are no longer the affordable company. If we want to justify price increases we need a better product. You then penalize us and basically pull our commission to a bonus structure. To even get the 85% you would have to start delivering on a better timeframe from which you presently are. Why are we being punished for your lack of quality, etc.?? We have families to support and cutting our pay by 30-40,000 is just horrific.
Pros
my fellow employees I have worked with all these years
Cons
Such a disappointment and lack of caring this company has for its employees
Decent company
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WI17 April 2019
Springs was once a company that cared about its employees but has morphed into a Billion dollar company that micromanages it's sales reps to death. Lots of wasted time on emails and video calls.etc, Call on an average of 4 calls per day at big Retail chain stores and sometimes independent franchisee's, Discuss training , promote your brands. with store associates and management .Reset display's when new product is dropped. Physically demanding at times.Lots of time on computer doing training , video calls,looking at at sales reports, emails etc,GPS in your vehicle to tack your every movement and headed to mandatory company cell phone to track you inside stores.Avg reps when hours are counted is probably 60 hours per week
Pros
good benefits
Cons
every day policy changes along with added paperwork, lots of standing on concrete and car travel time
Stressful with long hours
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI13 April 2019
Co-worker dynamics are good teamwork and we get things done on tight deadlines. Too lean of an organization for the size of the company and upper management just expects more and more from you. You do what you need to get the job done but all you have time to do is put out fires and then because you meet them they pile more on you and at performance time rate you lower because you didn't do more. Workload is not evenly distributed and promotions are given to favorites.
Pros
Great benefit options
Cons
No worklife balance
One bad apple ruined the bunch
Trainer Dept (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WI13 April 2019
Overall, Spring's is a good company to work for - decent pay and benefits as well as a mostly friendly and competent staff. However...

A certain department manager made working under her a complete nightmare. Have you ever had a boss who didn't know how to do any of the jobs within their own department? Ever had that boss who stayed in the office all day and only came out to yell at people? It didn't matter what the explanation was - it went in one ear and right out the other because she didn't understand how the machines worked. That's how this department was. It's very demoralizing to the associates and especially the newcomers - most new associates would work a day or two and never come back citing the team lead's bad attitude as a major cause for concern. Springs is hurting for people in the worst way and she still treats the associates who are sticking it out like disposable trash. It's very unfortunate because like I mentioned, the overall experience was pretty good. If it wasn't for this particular team lead I'd say it was the Best Experience Company.

Good Luck, Springs!

-Your wasted potential
Pros
Pay and benefits. Most of the co-workers are great!
Cons
Department 33 Team Lead
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo con amplias oportunidades de desarrollo
Supervisor de Manufactura (Former Employee) –  Reynosa, Tamps.10 April 2019
Excelente empresa que brinda la mejor experiencia de trabajo, con un personal administrativo muy profesional que estan siempre a la disposición del personal operativo
Pros
Salarios y prestaciones
Cons
Servicio de cafeteria
Experiencia Laboral
Soporte del área de Recursos Humanos (Current Employee) –  Reynosa, Tamps.30 March 2019
La experiencia que se crea en esta empresa es muy buena, y las oportunidades de crecimiento tambien.
Not Recommended
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, PA10 March 2019
Unless you live near the office, I don't recommend working there. Unless it's a state of emergency and they are required by law to close, you will be penalized for any absences during bad weather conditions, and are unable to make up the time. Other offices that are not customer service don't follow these guidelines... that basically tells you that their lives are more valued than yours in customer service. During an 8 hour shift, you'll get two breaks and a lunch. Don't expect to leave your desk outside of those scheduled breaks without being questioned on what you're coded for, and what you're doing. Customer's are always right, and you will get screamed at on a daily basis. When the customers request to speak with a supervisor, they will just agree with the customer and give them whatever you want, undermining you following policy, because they don't want to get yelled at. The product specialists are extremely unwilling to speak with anyone on the phone. Was a great place to work years ago, but it is now a tense work environment, where you feel babysat, and get verbally abused daily. Not worth it.
Communication and Recognition Lacking
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, IL3 March 2019
I have never work somewhere that is so lacking in basic communication to its employees and Customers. There is no collaboration within the departments, information does not flow down to the employees so they may provide accurate information to the customer. My division of the company does not receive the necessary resources to meet the needs of our dealers. Springs judges us on our sales and placement yet necessary tools and sampling have been on hold, such as unfulfilled orders for sample books so our dealers can sell our product. A previous batch of sampling from 2016 was not user friendly which affected our sales also. The management style is antiquated and there are a lot of excuses for why simple things cannot be accomplished. There is an appearance of trying to make change however I am skeptical.
Pros
Good benefits, talented co-workers, decent Manager, some flexibility in position.
Cons
Centralized decision making, beauracrocy, not customer/sales driven, poor communication.
They do not practice what they preach
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania27 February 2019
I will say the people at the PA offices are wonderful and friendly. However they say they want a team driven atmosphere, and want to create the best experience for customers and employees a like, I never found that to be the case. While in theory their strategy should work coaches are there to help, but you almost never hear from them.
The entire time I worked there I never once met my direct supervisor other than in passing, my supervisor never introduced themselves at all.

While I did not find the job difficult to do, however there were long stretches between breaks on occasion it would be four hours. In some cases associates were being reprimanded for bathroom breaks, you are expected to take call after call which is to be expected in a call center, be aware if you can not sit for long periods of time this job is not for you.

There is a distinct lack of communication, and I initially had no idea who to ask about certain questions I had. And I never really felt like the company cared about us, the people there truly did care. But the company policy is stuck in the stone age and not progressing. Initial training was A+ after that though you essentially get very little training even when training on different lines. I think most of these issues are standard in a call center. I would be told one thing by a coach and then other employees would tell me something completely different, again I don't think it's the individuals fault I think the company needs to figure out a way to better dispense information
Mid-manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WI17 February 2019
A suppressed culture that is hanging on to decades of old practices, and the core values and principles are merely a speech but never practiced.
Exec. Management and the owner hoard profits while dedicated and hardworking associates are rob of profit sharing incentive. Lack of diversity at the senior leadership level makes no sense when the company is supposed to be "fashionable" and trendy window coverings company.
Centralized decision making resides with the CEO even on the most straightforward functional issue.
Pros
Pay and benefits are good relative to the area, but money is not everything.
Cons
A suppressed culture where the core values and principles are a mere speech but never practiced.
Going down hill for employees
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI12 February 2019
Springs was a great place to work until the new CEO took over in 2018. It is now all numbers based and much of the company is in fear for their jobs. Any joy people had at their job is pretty much gone.
Great benifits and flexible schedule
SR. FIELD SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK3 February 2019
SWF is a nice company to work for. They provide great benefit packages and other incentives for its associates. The management is very project driven, sometimes at the expense of its employees but that is not uncommon among other large corporations. The hardest part of my job is managing my family life and work life. It requires a lot of traveling and there have been many events that my children have had that I missed because of the traveling. The most enjoyable part of my job is its flexibility. I am the "CEO" of my territory and can manage it, to a certain extent, how I believe will drive sales.
Buen ambiente de trabajo muy social
operador de produccion (Former Employee) –  Reynosa, Tamps.10 January 2019
Ambiente de trabajo muy social y movido siempre en actividad muy bueno nunca se aburre siempre feliz para quien es muy social. Se hacen grandes amistades.
Pros
Seguro medico
Cons
Poco tiempo de descansos
Very relaxing work atmosphere, good pay
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PA10 January 2019
Very relaxing work atmosphere, basic skills needed, descent pay. Easy to learn and fun job. Good hours. Friendly work enviromment. Always room for advancement.
Pros
Relaxing, easy work, descent pay
Cons
Standing in 1 place for 8+ hrs a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Springs Window Fashions. Our community is ready to answer.