Sport Clips Employee Reviews

Found 31 reviews matching the search See all 1,221 reviews
It was okay
Hairstylist Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 May 2019
The coworkers were really nice, the boss was really rude and forceful, especially for never working in a salon. Very hard to move up and get the "commission" they talk about.
Pros
Coworker
Cons
Boss that doesn't know how to run a business
A day at sport clips
Journey person candidate Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 April 2019
I learned to do haircuts more efficiently in a certain amount of time. I got up to doing 10 haircuts a day at the least on a timer. Friendly environment and great place to work. exciting sports channels and room to grow within the company.
Wonderful
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 January 2019
I really enjoyed working in an environment where I knew each day what I would be doing and that was the environment there. Excellent training and bonuses! I also got to work in other locations which let me make more money as well. I looked forward to be given that opportunity! I loved working with the stylists and the owners were exceptionally nice and allowed me to be me and to do the best job I could! Thank you so much for all you have done for me.
Pros
Bonuses for job well done
Clients are nice
Barber (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 December 2018
The clients were great to talk to, but the manager and her lap dogs not so much. Very clicky place not will to work with you at all. If the manager or minions dont like you might as well quit right away
Pros
Owners are amazing
Cons
Manager an A
great place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC4 November 2018
Really good manager and assistant manager. Everyone who works there is great. Very little drama, and everyone is really friendly and good to work with.
Run, Don't walk away.
Barber (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 September 2018
Lasted 5 months there. Girls were great fun, but the owner was an ostrich that liked to bury his head in the sand and pretend that problems would go away on their own.
Staffing was always an issue, and you were made to out to be horrible by the owner if you couldn't switch your shift last minute.
The list goes on and on and on.
Pros
Tips were decent
Cons
Too many to list.
Fun energetic place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 September 2018
work flow was very hit and miss because of the no appointment rule. I got to develop my cutting skills and confidence with the 5 point play system and created a family with my coworkers. overall a very good place for me to start my adventure into the hair industry!
Pros
fun
Cons
inconsistent management
Productive and fun workplace
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 September 2018
Amazing atmosphere in Sport Clips. Was a very fun place to work, as well as professional. They teach you quite a lot about customer interaction, and communication skills.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC31 May 2018
I got an hourly wage at sport clips, health benefit plan , 80 hours every 2 weeks
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2018
The concept was cool , it was a but gimmicky for me , however it was a fairly good experience . i enjoy to cut hair and being a barber is awesome. the management was not very good at communication , or reliable so a lot i hd to figure out on my own and show others so we could together keep operations and customer service standards.
Pros
was a positive work environment
Cons
its franchise, big Tvs on our stations i didnt really like
Fun at first
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 April 2018
being in management, I was salary. the amout of hours i worked was insane. Micromanged by the shop owner who had NO clue of the hair industry and was difficult to convince how the shop needed to be ran.
Staff needed reprimanding and owner was not willing for me to discipline due to staffing concerns. Staffing was a mess. NEVER
Not allowed to have students/apprentice hired. Too many cheap haircuts and NO tipping.
Pros
Men only and modern workplace
Cons
no tips, forced to work long hours with no days off, owners lack of knowledge in industry
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC18 March 2018
very boring
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 March 2018
it was very boring doing all the same hair cuts all the time. the owners are very forceful for you to do everything a certain way. easy to move up if the owners and managers like you.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 February 2018
Worst management and pay structure ever.
Barber (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC12 December 2017
Free haircuts given out, no tips.
Tips were ok.
Sent home when slow, was working full-time but ended up with part-time pay. Not worth the gas/commute.
Assistant manager would freak out if she thought you were not respecting her. They would always pick on someone, and when that person left they would choose another. Overworked staff, drama, too competitive.
Pros
Some of the employees
Cons
Everything else.
Overall a fun place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC1 December 2017
I’ve worked at Sport Clips since it has opened and it is such a fun place to work , I enjoy coming into work everyday and it is such a positive place . There is truly no drama and when there is management handles it and it’s done which I really like as salons can be full of it . It’s very busy and I like that the uniform is comfortable , and the company really cares about you. The pay is also higher than a lot of franchises too. We have never had an issue with theft , or any major issues really which is nice
Pros
Team dinners, fun activities, snacks, busy
fantastic workplace
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 November 2017
I love working here! Great training for an apprentice & lots of help. Great attitude & atmosphere. Lots of fun, the employees are super inviting & friendly. They made it super easy to come into a new workplace when I didn't know anyone. They helped me understand when I didn't know what to do & they walked me through it step by step.
Pros
Great training, excellent team work
Cons
nothing bad to say . it is excellent here.
fast paced good place to learn
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 November 2017
All employees are so friendly! Working in such an upbeat salon made time go by so fast, and there is always something to learn even when there is no clients in the building. As soon as you walk in you will have a chance to experience the amazing atmosphere.
Pros
Always greeted with a smile.
Cons
Nothing bad to say about working here.
Fun
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 November 2017
Good work environment, fast past, very good management best I've had in all my jobs! great location and a very welcoming staff/helpful when you need it. a great place if you are just starting off in the hair world especially fresh out of school because of the help and understanding staff/management.
Pros
Tons
Amazing
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 November 2017
i love working for sportclips for respecting apprentices and just being a friendly happy environment, will deffinettly reccommend this place to anyone !
The management is very caring and I actually enjoy coming to work everyday , its a very fun place to be!

The pay is really good too for a franchise I really like that
Pros
good management, good owners, nice environment, fun, good incentives
Cons
None that i can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sport Clips. Our community is ready to answer.