Sport Clips
Coronavirus update
Information from Sport Clips:

Sport Clips Employee Reviews

Canada43 reviews
The company itself is great just some owners of the franchise are not the best but you will get that with any work place. Can be faced pace but over all friendly
Pros
You're all like family
Cons
Previous owners at one location not great
Worked there for a month, not a bad place to work at all. Very laid back but, also fast paced for as much work as you do should get a little bit kore wage wise.
All and all loved this place.
Sports themed. Wear runners, yoga pants, company vest. Managers and owners are supportive, provide training and opportunities to grow. Monthly contest to earn $ established clientele and great tips.
The most important is We respect each other. Best place to work for.
Pros
Work around your life schedules and needs
Cons
N/a
The owner is broke, he will let his staff know that he can’t pay their salaries! He makes the girls work with no heat! Does not care about anyone but him self! I would not recommend this location! The girls don’t stay long! Way too much butt kissing and back stabbing!
Greeting clients with warm welcome, delivering exceptional customer service. Great group of people to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the clients day being lifted by the improvement of their appearance.
Management was very poor, work random hours that can’t comply with your day to day life, always a mess, always expected to pick up everyone else’s slack. Barely make enough money for day to day living
Fun sports themed.Wear runners, yoga pants,company vest. Managers and owners are supportive, provide training and opportunities to grow. Monthly contest to earn $ established clientele tips great!
Pros
great team and clients
Typical corporate company. Owners know nothing about hair,and that being said..depend on the word of young and inexperienced employees.Drama is everywhere. Only a moron would believe it does not exist! Seriously.. a culture of young women is never ever drama free! They claim you are a team member! LOL! WRONG IT IS EVERYMAN FOR THEMSELVES. THEY NEEDED 3 MANAGEMENT EMBERS FOR A STAFF OF ABOUT 7...PROBLEMATIC? HUGE EGOS AND POWER TRIPS! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND SKIP THIS NIGHTMARE..WORST HAIR EXPERIENCE EVER..
would not reccomend to anyone
i had the worst manager ever- she cut up money in front of us and yelled at us to tell us how horrible and insane we all were.

i learned i would never work for this company again
Goal Oriented work environment with opportunities to invest in your future and skills.
Fun atmosphere with a concentration on education and growth

Large network of like minded high energy committed individuals
They don’t give people hours to survive And keep hiring more people. They are very disorganized and you never commission because the store isn’t busy enough
Their all about them and no one else. Not employees just only about making money. Always understaffed and not able to take time off. Owner always had bill collectors calling and almost had hydro cut off
The coworkers were really nice, the boss was really rude and forceful, especially for never working in a salon. Very hard to move up and get the "commission" they talk about.
Pros
Coworker
Cons
Boss that doesn't know how to run a business
I learned to do haircuts more efficiently in a certain amount of time. I got up to doing 10 haircuts a day at the least on a timer. Friendly environment and great place to work. exciting sports channels and room to grow within the company.
they have very pour pay and pour benefits but the staff that works at all of the stores are amazing people.
the staff are very open and friendly people

the work environment is okay, the owners are very friendly people who do care about their staff and stores. the management is newer at some locations and they are amazing, but the older management needs some improvement and renewal in some ways.
Pros
good staff
Cons
poor benefits and pay
I really enjoyed working in an environment where I knew each day what I would be doing and that was the environment there. Excellent training and bonuses! I also got to work in other locations which let me make more money as well. I looked forward to be given that opportunity! I loved working with the stylists and the owners were exceptionally nice and allowed me to be me and to do the best job I could! Thank you so much for all you have done for me.
Pros
Bonuses for job well done
The clients were great to talk to, but the manager and her lap dogs not so much. Very clicky place not will to work with you at all. If the manager or minions dont like you might as well quit right away
Pros
Owners are amazing
Cons
Manager an A
Really good manager and assistant manager. Everyone who works there is great. Very little drama, and everyone is really friendly and good to work with.
Lasted 5 months there. Girls were great fun, but the owner was an ostrich that liked to bury his head in the sand and pretend that problems would go away on their own.
Staffing was always an issue, and you were made to out to be horrible by the owner if you couldn't switch your shift last minute.

The list goes on and on and on.
Pros
Tips were decent
Cons
Too many to list.
work flow was very hit and miss because of the no appointment rule. I got to develop my cutting skills and confidence with the 5 point play system and created a family with my coworkers. overall a very good place for me to start my adventure into the hair industry!
Pros
fun
Cons
inconsistent management
Amazing atmosphere in Sport Clips. Was a very fun place to work, as well as professional. They teach you quite a lot about customer interaction, and communication skills.