Sport Chek Employee Reviews

Such a fun place to work
Sales Associate & Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Gander, NL23 March 2018
Working with a couple different SportChek teams over the years has been amazing. Great team spirit, great organization, great costumers and overall a great place to work.
Flexible schedules but short hours
Clothing and Footwear Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON22 March 2018
fun place to work at but won't get scheduled much. Good discounts and you can book off whenever you want. Everyone is really nice and work load is not heavy
fashion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 March 2018
long hours of standing and folding while helping customers with sizes. management was Alright but wasn't as supportive as id hoped. the discount they gave was amazing and the hardest part was folding PERFECTLY.
Pros
discount
Cons
on feet forever
I loved working here
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON18 March 2018
Sport Chek is probably one of my favorite jobs I've ever had. Management was awesome, I always felt valued as an employee. I met a lot of great people here and was offered a lot of opportunities within the company. I was in school at the time of working here and they were really flexible with my hours and understanding.
Pros
Great management, good hours
Cons
No cons
Dont waste your time here unless you need part time work
Clothing Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2018
Not even part time work, its quarter time work. Hours are terrible, i have one 4 hour shift a week, Cant live off a paycheck. They over work you for minimum wage. Sometimes its just you in the department and you have to help customers WHILE performing store tasks (cleaning, restocking, scanning) because its the expectation. Employees do not have a voice in this company and management is horrible. The only good thing about working here are the other employees. Real and great people.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Terrible management, no hours.
very fun and friendly work place
Service Shop Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 March 2018
A typical day at work consisted of helping each customer to the best of my ability, while being friendly and respectful. I learned a great deal of technical skills while working in the service shop. A lot of these things I can use later in life. The management were excellent.
sometimes is good, other times is annoying
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 March 2018
i used to love sportchek with all of my heart but new changes (phones must be kept in lockers, no more fun fundraising days) and lack of flexibility with some of the management really shades my view of the company. there isn't always something to do depending on the store you work at.
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 March 2018
Sport Chek is a great place to work because of the friendly culture that they have in store among employees. Management is great and they can accommodate any time off request and availability changes.
good job if you are in school
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 March 2018
This is a fun place to work if you are in school and need a job to make some extra money. Great people very friendly work environment. Really good job to improve your customer service experience and get you more comfortable working in front of people..
good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 March 2018
discount is the best part other then that the pay is awful and the hours are bad theres very little room to move up and managers make only a fraction more then reps
Pros
discount
Cons
pay
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  oshawa ontario27 February 2018
Managers and staff were very friendly. Awesome environment, no sales pressure. Great flexibility with scheduling. Learned a lot about products! Was sad to leave but it gave me valuable skills I use to this day.
Great Learning Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC26 February 2018
-greet customers and help them find whichever product they need
-learn to multi-task
-freedom to rearrange certain clothing
-positive and productive environment
-great co-workers
Fantastic Company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 February 2018
I loved my time at Sport Chek! The management and staff were all fantastic and had a good time when we could. I wish I didn't leave this job as it has been my favourite.
Good work experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2018
I loved working with costumers, sales is my strongest skill and was able to use it to my advantage with this job, I was top five strongest sales rep in Ontario.
Pros
Great sales experience
Cons
We rarely took breaks
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 February 2018
Great and interesting place to work, management was great and understanding, don't get many hours due to many workers, fun, fast-paced and
dynamic environment .
Easy going atmosphere
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL29 January 2018
Good management, very flexible hours and lots of opportunities for work. Fast-paced at times but other times it can be slow meaning you have to be able to stay productive and find things to do.
Chill Place to Work At
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2018
Very friendly and open environment. Everyone is really chill, even the manager. As long as you're doing work, you should be okay. You can work as many hours as you want.. They're pretty flexible.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Nothing really..
Terribly managed workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 January 2018
staff is nice and friendly but management is brutal. micro managing at its finest and yelling is quite frequent. job is boring and the manager has terrible communication to employees or assistant managers.
Good Benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 January 2018
They are always willing to work around your schedule however they require certain amount of hours per week. They expect you to know a lot and remember the minimum amount of training they give you. They do support you when a customer is aggressive towards you.
Was Only Seasonal
Stock Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2018
Everyone there was great to work for and work with but I don't know about the benefits because I was only temp.

My job was in the stock room for Christmas, opening shipments and sorting them for the next step. The people in the back were great and the work was easy to do but not easy on my body. It would be a great job for someone who is young and fit enough to reach boxes down and carry them around.
Pros
Friendly people, involved manager, they are a member of a huge 'family' of other stores
Cons
I don't really know because I was only seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sport Chek. Our community is ready to answer.