Sport Chek Employee Review

Fun environment with customers and co-workers alike
Hardgoods Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON28 March 2014
Sport Chek is a good starting job for any teen. It provides a fun and fast paced environment that keeps you on your toes. The work loads are well managed, and you always have another task to complete.

Shifts can consist of machine maintenance, department overhauls, stock placement, floor organization, and general customer services.

Management is well coordinated and provides a fall-back to any associate who is unsure of anything on the floor. They provide enormous support to their sales personnel and are a solid backbone for the franchises.
Pros
Great atmosphere, good people
Cons
no advancement, click groups

Other Sport Chek Employee Reviews

Short future
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON25 May 2018
I worked for FGL for over 10 years, holding different positions within the company, from; Sales associate, Purchasing Analyst, Jr. Buyer, Manager. You name it, I've done it. But the company has taken a serious turn in its culture and future after the purchase by CTC. People just stopped caring, managers became untrainable and to be honest, knowing they cannot be terminated, they stopped working. Sportchek was the pillar and trend setter within the athletic community, but today, its full of unmotivated employees. Stores are falling apart or closing, staff is rude and managers are never around when you need one. I won't even get into under staffing and 'Online Only" sales, that have driven business downwards. I was a proud employee and wore my career happily, but once the powers that be started caring less, so did everyone else and now you have wasted retail space.
great job while attending school
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2018
good if you're in school because they don't care if you only work once a week or not at all. been working at the same location for two years on and off full time & part-time. No room for advancement, also no raises. I've noticed the only time I've received raises is a couple months before minimum wage is set to go up and then minimum wage passes what I previously made anyway.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sport Chek. Our community is ready to answer.