Sport Chek Employee Reviews

good job
Paid Co-op (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2018
at sport check i hang and tag the clothes
I also clean the store and help customers when needed
i also help with shipping and receiving And move boxes to their respective location
my job
Online Order Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON8 June 2018
a subdivision of a written composition that consists of one or more sentences, deals with one point or gives the words of one speaker, and begins on a new usually indented line.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 June 2018
Gave me many opportunities to learn or advance my knowledge on a great scale of things. Working there with great management ensured that I got a perfect amount of hours to continue and be productive with my life around work aswell.
Organization, customer service, and merchandising.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2018
The team building was well done for the associates, however, many employees are in a transition period, where they are not looking for a long term opportunity. Though everyone was very friendly and fun to work with.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Minimum wage
Depends on the Management team
Service Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2018
Working at Sportchek can be a fun experience, but it can also be fairly awful. It really depends on the management team. In some cases they cannot handle the stress of running a large store and can take it out on part time staff.
fun workplace with other people who love to be active
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB27 May 2018
great place to work if you live an active lifestyle training is great everyone loves sport so it isn't awkward everyone has something in common the workplace is very laid back and fun as long as you get your work done. plus you get mad discounts which is always a huge plus!
Summary
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2018
Worked hard for three years doing everything that was asked no raise turned down twice for full time paid min wage so loyalty to company means nothing would not recommend
Short future
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON25 May 2018
I worked for FGL for over 10 years, holding different positions within the company, from; Sales associate, Purchasing Analyst, Jr. Buyer, Manager. You name it, I've done it. But the company has taken a serious turn in its culture and future after the purchase by CTC. People just stopped caring, managers became untrainable and to be honest, knowing they cannot be terminated, they stopped working. Sportchek was the pillar and trend setter within the athletic community, but today, its full of unmotivated employees. Stores are falling apart or closing, staff is rude and managers are never around when you need one. I won't even get into under staffing and 'Online Only" sales, that have driven business downwards. I was a proud employee and wore my career happily, but once the powers that be started caring less, so did everyone else and now you have wasted retail space.
great job while attending school
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2018
good if you're in school because they don't care if you only work once a week or not at all. been working at the same location for two years on and off full time & part-time. No room for advancement, also no raises. I've noticed the only time I've received raises is a couple months before minimum wage is set to go up and then minimum wage passes what I previously made anyway.
Okay place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS20 May 2018
Fun place to work, although the managers there were not friendly at all and expected a lot more out of their employees than was even possible at a sporting goods store. Pick favourites, and if you're not one of them you won't get scheduled and they'll be rude to you.
Great job
Clothing Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2018
Sport Chek is a great company, I love working for them. I have really friendly co-workers and managers that were very welcoming when I first starting their.
Fun Workplace
Clothing Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC10 May 2018
I enjoyed my time at Sportchek. I learned a lot about sports and the equipment needed as well as how to help customers find exactly what they need. Working in retail was a great experience.
Customer Service Sports orientated environment
Department Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 May 2018
Sportchek was an enjoyable place to work. It focused on providing the customer with all the necessities they required for the sport they wished to pursue. It was very sports minded.
Very good work enviroment.
Clothing Associate (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB7 May 2018
Was a great experience and and understanding place to work. Overall it was a great job and i'm happy I got to be a part of it, taught me a lot about costumer service and a lot about myself a awell.
typical retail job
Clothing Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2018
Typical retail job, pay is okay and people are usually nice. They do have a good shopping perk and career advancement is slow but other than that it pays the bills
Pros
Cost plus 10% for employees
Cons
Retail
Day at work
cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 May 2018
I love working retail and meeting new people helping them out with the things they have come in to buy. Its fast paced and it keeps you busy and on your feet.
More and more customer service
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 May 2018
Excellent to start in to develop customer service. Helped otu customers find their necessary supplies, organized the area and ensuring everything is up to date. Great experience
Great place for students to work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Gander, NL2 May 2018
Being in an athletic environment i really felt comfortable working at SportChek. I enjoyed helping our costumers with whatever they needed, and i loved keeping our SportChek building clean and tidy.
Fun Place to Work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 May 2018
Kind management team and enthusiastic co workers make it a good job. Pot lucks for team spirit on holidays, good participation rewards, team building exercises.
unprofessional and unethical company
manager (Current Employee) –  toronto, on30 April 2018
unprofessional and unethical company...see this every day as a manager...they do not care for customers or staff...sport cr*p is owned by c**ppy tire...best day is the day you leave...can't wait to get out of here....help!
Pros
none worth mentioning...far outweighed by cons
Cons
unprofessional and unethical company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sport Chek. Our community is ready to answer.