Splunk Employee Reviews

Productive Fun Workplace
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA7 February 2018
A good place to work providing a lot of opportunities to learn. There is a focus on the career development of the individual and it's easy to provide your inputs even at a junior level.
Great company and products
Project Manager, Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Home Based25 January 2018
Splunk is a great company with great benefits, culture, and products. Competitive salary. Everyone seems to be working to benefit Splunk customers. Growing quickly.
Pros
Worked remotely
No comment
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX5 January 2018
No comment not worth my time talking about a company that is not racially diverse .. down with Splunk and all the greedy executives who sell stock keeping it low
Une société au top!
Analyste Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Francisco County, CA28 November 2017
Chez Splunk, les salariés comme les clients sont des personnes qui vous tirent vers le haut. Je recommande à 100%.
Company very high space, but professional atmosphere. I love it
Order Management (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CA30 August 2017
I enjoy working there as a temporary client. The employees worked hard, but the company really knows know who to take care of their employees too. They provide free breakfast and lunches.
Pros
the Order team is great
Cons
long hrs
No interest whatsoever in your career development
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA15 July 2017
If you get in to the right group you have died and gone to heaven. If you get the wrong manager who is only concerned with his own career, Throw your own future away.
Pros
Good snacks
Cons
Bad career help
No longer a start up
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA13 July 2017
Good company- Good product, 80% of job is forecasting and explaining where deals are. Very stressful QTR ends in that regard. Very little thought put into territory assignment and account coverage. An average seller could be making 400K while a star seller could struggle based on accounts assigned. If that gets fixed and they survive competitive landscape before they get acquired. not a bad place.
Pros
good technology
Cons
aggressive culture
Smart people, good work-life balance
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA13 June 2017
I worked in legal, over a few summers as an intern. The people were all very competent and very much vested in both my wellbeing and my professional development even as an intern.
Good company.
Senior Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL19 May 2017
If you are driven and willing to make the necessary move to advance your career; you will be successful within and outside this company. They give you a platform to control your own career.

The hardest part of the job is that you are 100% remote. If you do not have a self starter mentality and need micro management this is not the company for you.

The best of my job is helping my customers to be success and building their trust. I addition to doing the community service. Also, management at like real people and you can have open conversations. You don't have to worry about passive aggressive management.
Pros
Working from home and the company has a great moral compass.
Cons
Young copy and for see them making the same bad decisions like other big tech giants.
Overall great place to work
Operations (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX12 May 2017
The company culture in this office was awesome. The teammates made you want to come to work in the morning and your direct managers were wonderful. There has been upper management changes lately though that -- we will see how it shakes out.
Pros
compensation, coworkers, environment
Cons
upper management changes
Fun workplace that takes care of employees
Senior Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, AL3 February 2017
This is the best company I have ever worked for. They take care of people and it feels like family. You never have to be ashamed to ask questions. Splunk hires the best.
Pros
Free food, commission, equity incentives, good compensation
Cons
Excessive travel
Decent place to work, depending on where you live
Field Services Group (Current Employee) –  United States18 November 2016
While it is pretty impressive at HQ, remote employees (and there are a lot of them) tend to be forgotten. Management at Splunk is hit and miss as well. There is a lot of "previous company nepotism" for incoming managers. Many of the organizations have large swaths of people that have worked together at previous companies. While that's ok for easy relationship building, it also builds a clique that is difficult to work yourself into, especially if the team is spread out nationally or globally.

As is normal with most companies, growth is Splunk's main focus. However, recently, that growth initiative has been met with releasing products that aren't ready, and forsaking many small customers for that BIG WIN. Like I said, this is common, but still something that is difficult to work in.
Fun place to work with accepting people
Quality Assurance Contractor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA7 October 2016
The people at Splunk are the reason I remember the experience so well. Everyone was very helpful and fun to work with, and when I didn't know the command I was supposed to use people were extremely helpful. Great environment to learn, and I had fun projects and a clear direction.
Pros
Great office and atmosphere. Always involved with company gatherings.
Cons
N/a
good company
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA25 July 2016
met with customers to provide security and information technology solutions to meet the needs of higher education and state and local organizations.
Fun work place
Global Partner Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO5 July 2016
Great place to work with friendly people. I had a great pay and flexible hours. I enjoyed my time working here and hope to find a company just as great.
My experience at Splunk
Global Partner Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO5 July 2016
Splunk is a fantastic place to work. The work environment is very friendly and outgoing. I learned a ton from Splunk, such as many new computer skills and working with a team. I enjoyed my time at Splunk and hope to find a company just as great.
Good environment
Sr. Network Security Architect (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CA25 June 2016
Great technologie and great people.
I have extensively work with many accounts and haven't had any customer complaints about the product.
it's a good start up company, but company management team is not stable.
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Taiwan2 February 2016
sales manager, good company, but lack of management rules. but working environment is good and good coworkers. average speaking, it's a good company,
Great place to work with disruptive software
Security Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  EMEA21 September 2015
Splunk is a great company to work for and has a fantastic software product that is helping 1000's of customers gain realtime operational insights into their IT infrastructures.
Pros
Pay, management
Cons
Travel
Fun workplace
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco27 July 2015
This was one of my favorite jobs that I ever got. Being said I worked as hard as I possibly could, knocking all tasks out of the park. I was promoted quickly but just as quickly I was fired. So far they have given no reason whatsoever. I believe there are a lot of office politics of which I never took part in.
Pros
Free lunches and breakfast
Cons
bad management who unsuccessful at managing large scale projects