Splitsville Entertainment Employee Reviews

Forget it
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 January 2018
Working here in any city I've heard is the same as the location I was at. The management team picks and chooses their favourites, you'll be loaded with shifts one week and then have 2 the next week. One minute the managers love you, you leave that shift and come back tomorrow and they hate you. There's no inbetween. It is not worth the mental stress trying to be your best everyday when others really don't care.
Pros
Fun environment when not dealing with bs
Cons
Unfair everything. Discount isn't even all of the taxes.
Awful place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON10 December 2017
Do not work there . Worst place to work as the management is so lousy.
I have worked in many different places and so far this place is the worst place to work at.
They serve drinks to underage kids and the place is filthy. Most of staffs smoke marijuana and honestly this place is a disaster.
Minimum salary and In one word: AWFUL
Cons
A good place to gain a lot of skills
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 July 2017
I have really enjoyed this job. Lots of opportunities to learn new things. The size of the company is exciting; you work with many different people but can still affect change and share ideas (that are often used) with upper management. The cons are the hours - lots of evenings and weekends, the pay and internal communication have room for improvements. The greatest strength here is the team - they make working here a lot of fun.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, coworkers, opportunities to gain new skills
Cons
Hours, pay, typical customer service challenges
Fun workplace
Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 January 2017
The management was not very great and the surroundings where not well. It is very hard to find management when needed.A typical day for me was the same everyday. The co-workers were good but it can be a stressful situation that you have to deal with yourself.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Hard getting a break
Fast paced learning environment with great co-workers
Assistant Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton20 August 2015
A typical day would begin with my "daily flow" of responding to phone messages and emails appropriately followed by checking the Event Planning box located at front desk for any deposits made, donation letters, inquires or any other related item to the Events Office. This would be followed with following-up with previously made inquires by potential clients. During this daily routine stopping to answer customers, help on the floor and answering phone calls were always on-going, which helped me able to multi-task and flexible. I work closely with my events manager on daily basis who also is in the office with me.
Pros
great staff memebers, accomodating management
Cons
underpaid
Really fun, upbeat place to work!
Party Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 December 2014
I loved working as a party hostess, it was a great job. Making kids parties successful was a great feeling. My co-workers were pretty great. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything about the job itself. The hardest part of my job was dealing with sometimes unhappy parents if problems ever came up, which wasn't very often though.
Pros
The job itself
Cons
Work was primarily Sat/Sun, never got weekday shifts so never got a weekend off.
Fun working atomsphere
Server Bartender (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 April 2013
typical day would included bartending, customer service, menu taking orders. learned how to manage a bar. awsome co workers and good management team. hardest part busier nights when all the upper bar is full and you the only bartender. Enjoyable is once agin jsut customer service and awsome atomsphere
Pros
great team
Cons
not enough support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Splitsville Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9