Spirit Staffing - Canada

Spirit Staffing - Canada Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
cleaning windows and walls from harmful wildfire smoke residue. learnt the importance of wildfire clean-up. people were friendly and outgoing, the enjoyable part of the job was working with friends
Worst job I have ever had. So unprofessional. Screaming at each other all the time. Very small company run by mother and daughter. owner is not a nice person,Low pay for workers. Revolving door.Family owned. small
Pros
Cons
owner
Terrible staffing agency, no room for advancement, no work to do really, management/the owners plan vacations while they are working and yell at you for taking sick time when you are sick. Don't pay enough to even cover cost of living in Calgary.

Would not recommend
I did general office work with the temp position. I only worked there for a short time. I did mostly office work. My past experience has given me the opportunity to accomplish the work at hand done. I have work in the private sector, Government and also worked with Native Organizations. I have several years of experience in the administrative field. I am hardworking, energetic, team player and take directions without any supervisions. I find that once I get the direction of what I need to do, I don't need any supervision. The most part of working with people is that I get along with everyone. I go over and beyond what my job description expects of me. I am helpful in everyway.
They are the best Staffing Agency in Calgary and have been operating for the past 20 years.

As an employee you are treated with respect and not just a number.
Pros
They pay better then their competitors.
Cons
Can't always help someone even thou they try their best.
When I am in the offseason from University, I work with Spirit Staffing. They are supportive and flexible. All of the guidelines are clear and concise, reliable pay.
This is a temporary work agency. Spirit Staffing would call me to place me on administrative assignments throughout the city of Calgary. Job assignments would range from 1 week to 1 year positions. The most enjoyable part of the job was to have the to work in various offices and gain work experience, multi task, adapt to new work environment quickly.
Great company to work for. Owners values hard work and if you are willing to work hard she will help you move up within the company and take on more responsibilities. Of all the job II've had, this was my favorite. If I didn't have to move out of province I would probably still be working there.
As a swamper on a Vac Truck I learned the basic skills and operation of a Vac Truck.
Some skills were how it operates and basic skills of operating the unit.
Pros
New skills learned
Cons
unstable work
It was great to work with Spirit Staffing when the recruiter who hired me was working there. All has since changed then. They have provided contract work to potential contractors and screwed them over by not offering the job or not getting their logistics in order, or have heard that they hired their friends from Ontario rather than providing work to Albertans. The project recruiter was very incompetent.
I enjoy working with Spirit Staffing and Consulting Inc. because matching talented people with new job opportunities is a rewarding experience.
Team understands the value of people, not as a commodity but as people helping people get to where they want and deserve in life. Great place to learn about soft skills.
Pros
Full kitchen
Regular 8 - 5 job, not much room for advancement as a contractor.
Fast paced, bad management good co workers, boss is not nice
Flexible with work hours.
Great colleagues. Work time seemed limited as many social were occurring regularly. Tried to remain working, but was frowned upon by supervisor as we were strongly encouraged to participate in activities, despite the amount of work we were expected to catch up to.

Coming from the Federal Public Sector where people focus on their work over anything else, it was quite a culture shock!
Pros
Freebies (Shirt, smoke meat, chocolate)
Cons
Unable to focus on work, due to expectation of attending frequent social events.