Spirit Ridge Employee Reviews

Great working place!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC23 March 2019
Osoyoos is a unique place to live in summer. We've been working there all summer long.. great cultural center, amazing view on the lake and wineyards. Lots of hours to do in Spirit Ridge Resort if you want to work.. High quality standards.. Directors and managers are really open-minded and are always there to answer questions.. lots of good food and nice cars! Staff accomodation with A/C.. We recommand this place since we had a really good experience!
Pros
Good team, good working environment.
Cons
Some young people who do not take their job seriously.
Great spot for summer!
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC22 March 2019
Great location to work for summer, plenty of hours and over time if you want it.
Enjoyed my time here in the Okanagan at Spirit Ridge. Beautiful resort in some stunning scenery. Literally pinch yourself coming in to work every day as it is breath taking.
It is a very busy Hotel at peak times, this is not a place to come if you intend on dossing about and not working! My time here was enjoyable, but there was a lot of time spent chasing my tail as unreliable staff would call in sick ect frequently and let the rest of the team pick up the slack. That being said the core team are great just let down by a few seasonal slackers as is every hotel.
Found management approachable and friendly also willing to get stuck in on busy days which is always commendable as respect is earnt. Not many places will you see the Director of Rooms helping Housekeeping or the General Manager helping the bell boys run carts on a busy day. They all get stuck in when needed which i found great.
As in any business there are a few kinks that need ironing out but I always felt my voice was heard and i was always treated with respect from management even when we clashed. As i said previously respect is earnt and if you work well you will be treated well.
This place has some serious potential, with the right direction, passion and staff this really could be one of Canada's top resorts. I found that quite exciting, if you have a real passion for hospitality then this place is for you, already 4.5 star and striving for more. Would come back for another stint here no problem.
Pros
Plenty of hours, stunning location
Cons
Not much in the way of employee benefits like lunch ect.
Place to Grow
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC21 March 2019
I worked there for almost a year and it is a great place to learn and grow your career in the Hospitality Industry.
Managers are very knowledgeable and trustworthy. They will help you with work and personal issues anytime.
The team always work together to ensure that no one is left behind and everything is done up to standards.
The fact that it is part of Hyatt's portfolio makes of Spirit Ridge a big deal when it is about choosing a worldwide known brand to work in Canada and also to have it in your resume.
Take advantage of the Hyatt perks like discounts in other Hyatt Hotels in Canada and the rest of the world and for your family and friends as well.
The town (Osoyoos) is very quiet but in summer is the place to be. If you want to make a lot of hours and also enjoy the warmest lake in Canada surrounded by top notch wineries and high quality craft beers from BC.
Pros
Hyatt perks, location, weather, team work
Gem in the desert!
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC21 March 2019
I was at Spirit Ridge for just under year and enjoyed my time there. Hard work, busy hotel, huge potential and very supportive team and owners. Can not say a bad word about the place or the people, felt like one big family
Work environment is a joke, don’t bother
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC17 March 2019
Multiple employee rights violations. Director of rooms is uneducated. If you want a respectful working environment don’t even bother working here! Very disappointing experience.
Pros
Beautiful location
Employees treated terrible
Ex housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC16 April 2018
Employees not treated with respect housekeeping is disposable to them. Management has the tendency of being aggressive with there approach to dealing with employees
Pros
U get money
Cons
Not treated with respect
A Professional Place to have a Hospitality Career
Rooms Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC25 March 2018
I have been at Spirit Ridge for a year now and I have personally enjoyed seeing how the hotel has grown over the past year. There was some organizational challenges when I had first arrived as many management positions were vacant or did not exist. The current management team is working very hard to make this a better place for the staff to work but also a great place for the guests to stay at as well. Lots of emphasis is being made on making sure the staff have what they need to do their jobs and to do it well. Culture is very important as well and we have lots of discussions on how to make sure we have the right culture as a hotel.

There is a lot of changes at the hotel since the hotel joined the Hyatt brand, but it all seems to be very well received by the guests and I look forward for the changes that are still to come. Already now, we get lots of really positive feedback from our guests and it is because of how well everyone works together to take care of our guests. Lots of people asking "How do we make it better?" Change is hard but it is very rewarding in the end for those willing to be a part of it.
Pros
Discounts at winery, golf course and other Hyatt Hotels!
High turn over
Employee (Current Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC31 January 2018
Employees work hard and are under appreciated.
Most of the managers are best friends that only worry about themselves! over selling when interviewing!
Pros
Quiting soon!
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC25 January 2018
Management is a jokes
Everyone is extremely serious
You will get in trouble for everything
Housekeeping standards are slim to none
Because of all these things clients will walk all over you & get mad at you for things out of your control
Really nice place to work
Host (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC27 November 2016
i enjoyed the high speed environment and the ability to talk to a lot of new people. Chef was very creative in his dishes and made a lot of really nice stuff
Pros
fast paced environment