Spirit Halloween Super Store

Spirit Halloween Super Store Employee Reviews

Canada221 reviews
Spirit Halloween
I had a lot of fun working at spirit Halloween. The environment was fast paced and the management always had the employees best interests in mind. Would work here again for sure.
Very fun and enjoyable work place
Working at spirit helped me improve in man ways. It was a very enjoyable environment to be in and the management was almost like a family. The shifts and work times were also very flexible and we were allowed to switch shifts with coworkers often.
Spirit Halloween
I worked woth spirit Halloween for 3 seasons (years) from about Sept - early Nov. It was a fast paced environment, and most of the time quite fun if like me younlove Halloween. Customer service & working as a team is a huge part of the job. They value their employees even though it is usually part-time/seasonal. Great job, and decent hours/schedule, especially for a student (I was at UFV when I started) they'll reference ometimes. Good luck
Fun place to work with a great group of people. Manager is great to work for and the owner as well. Very fair
Seasonal job. Worked there for 2 years and wouldn't hesitate going back. The store manager is great. Owner of that location is good to work with. Both the manager and the owner are fair and pleasant to work for and with.
Great experience
Hands down one of the best jobs I’ve ever had. The people I worked with were amazing. A lot of us stayed in touch.
Hours are flexible. Job itself is fun. They encourage you to dress up or have fun with outfits. Honestly, only down side was some of the entitled customers you get. But that’s retail. Management always has your back at the end of the day. That’s surprisingly hard to come by in the job world.
The company is good and the product is interesting
The store i worked for was privately managed by a couple. If you could not do the job you were fired within a day or so. it was a temporary pop up that at set up is very fast pace and grueling. the middle is calm and easily handled, the end is fast paced and stressful for everyone involved.
Great management with challenging work and collaboration
Management was hands on with assisting your learning, mostly relaxed work except for time around Halloween, diversity in job responsibilities, friendly co workers.
Amazing
HOURS ARE BASED ON PERFORMANCE. those reviewing about little hours probably did not exceed at the work which is why they received very little, because there are plenty of hours to go around.
I spent my first year as an associate and got 27-35 hours a week, because I worked hard and they notice that. Promotions easily come after.

It is a very fun place to work if you love Halloween and costumes. Th pay is decent, I think they should get rid of the phone testing portion for management positions to give a lot more people a chance. My only issue was how schedules are posted and receiving your T4. I've been there for years and schedules were never foamily post dit was always written on a paper or texted to Sunday the week before. and they do not send you your financial information for taxes.
Fun place to work!
Great seasonal job. i worked with a decent team, job was very straight forward, the best part for me was helping customers on the floor and merchandising. If you love halloween and getting a decent discount on halloween stuff this job is for you. Tear down is VERY physical!
Fun team to work/grow with
I worked there for a few years. Fun atmosphere and cool customers. Shifts go by fast. I always look forward to going back every year and seeing my team again.
A relaxed, rewarding job.
It was a very relaxed job, yet I learned many skills from it, such as setting up displays, monitoring to try to prevent shoplifting, and more. The management was nice, and I was rewarded for my hard work. I enjoyed helping set up the store and helping the customers.
Relatively good time working therex
Had a good time working there. I had another job on top so I couldn’t be there as much as I wanted to. Select managers were informative and great to work with. A few loose cannons but working there was a good time to eat some sales experience.
Pros
Great Fun Environment
Cons
Could drag at some times
Horrible company.
Manager was a raging cow who would say things, and then change her mind and yell at you for doing what she said. You also will get told of a bonus at your interview, i believe its like 1$ for every how you work? They will reach and scrounge for any reason to not give you the bonus. I started working at halloween alley the next year and ive been much happier. If you want to work at a halloween atore, go to halloween alley.
Fun and relaxed place to work
I had fun working there, it was fairly easy and can be challenging at times but overall great experience. the pay is minimum, nothing to say about that.
Fun Seasonal Job
You literally show up, dress up, and interact with customers. It's great if you're looking for a part time work and or a student wanting work after school. Plus the discount for your spooky needs before the big night and don't forget the after Halloween day discount so you can stock up on decoration for next year.
Fun And Welcoming
I enjoyed being a part of the family at Spirit Halloween. The manager was kind, I worked well with my co-workers and found joy being in such an excepting and exciting area.
Poor management.
While I worked there I was under two managers. One was fantastic and supportive to the group during rushed and stressful days and the other was the opposite. My separate manager was judgmental and was constantly looking over my shoulder. I felt if I was in her field of view I constantly had to look busy to prevent being talked to. This prevented many customers to come up to me to ask for assistance.
Fun place to work
I had a really great time working here, it's great for students because the manager was really understanding about changing schedules and hour restrictions. The work was standard and interacting with all the customers is always a good time. The people I worked with were friendly and helpful.
Very friendly co-workers. Always a good time with lots of smiles
I enjoyed working here and will definitely go back. everyone came to work with a smile, although it became quite stressful towards the season, everyone worked together well and got things done.
fun work place
For a first experience job, its a good start but very fast pace but lack of employees which means more work for the people already working and the people there were nice.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
Great place
Great store awesome staff and bosses learned lots was very easy to understand directions very friendly place to work very professional and super fun please to work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spirit Halloween Super Store. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2