Spirit Halloween Super Store Employee Reviews

Found 152 reviews matching the search See all 2,217 reviews
Overall fun place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB14 January 2019
It was a fun and fast place to work. Right amount of hours to be productive in the store. Loved stocking items and helping costumers find what they are looking for. Great environment with co-workers, always smiling with them. Sometimes long nights to just walk around uninterrupted and fix things that were out of place. Overall great energy in the store. When I did something wrong or needed help, always had a manager or co-worker to ask.
Pros
fun people
Cons
long hours, small storage space.
unprofetional and no communication
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 November 2018
I worked at Spirit burlington for the start of the season where they hired a bunch of people to set up the store with intents of working for the halloween season. When the season started the managers ghosted many of the workers and didint ask them to come back in. When asked they would reply that they were still making the schedual. Meanwhile they chose a few workers to work and there was a full schedual that was not disclosed to anyone else. I ended up declining many job offers because they told me we would be working all the time when in reality they never had intents of actually hiring us or the decenecy to tell us we are out of work. If you are a student in highschool or a part time worker I dont reccomend this job.
Don't work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 August 2018
Unprofessinonal, manager as well as the store owner did not get along which made the workplace far more hectic. Applied for being a cashier yet was stuck doing the hard job just for them to let go half of their employees. The store was a mess and everyone was yelled at by the owner for not doing the impossible. Was guaranteed the position as a cashier at first however was told that if I did not help set up the store practicially everyday, I would be let go and the position that, may I remind you, was already given to me, wouldn't be guaranteed after all. If you apply before the store opens, reconsider.
Pros
Cons
Management, Workplace
Does not pay on time or correctly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2018
Atmosphere of Halloween is destroyed by poor management. On top of not knowing when you’ll be paid or the correct amount. I would not recommend this job as a primary source of income as a student or anyone.
Pros
Pay day on the 15 got paid on the 20th with no notice and the incorrect amount
Cons
Negative atmosphere
With better managers it is a great work environment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB17 September 2018
The store is very fun and upbeat. The management int this specific location is however very poor. They are very unorganized with their pay, hours, and training. The managers butt heads often about what they want. I have been asked to completely redo tasks that one manager approved, but the other manager was not happy with, it is a waste of everyones time.
Pros
Fun store, long shifts
Cons
Poor management
Part Time Halloween
Sales Associate/ General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON21 October 2018
Worked as a stocking associate during the busy halloween period. The job required long hours on your feet stocking and cleaning up store displays of halloween products
Pros
Interacting with many people
Cons
On your feet the whole shift
Very disorganized, poorly run company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2018
Unfortunately this is not a well managed company. Upper management is lacking in many places. Too much work placed on their General managers and not enough responsibility for their ASMS. Very low pay for such a hard working job.

The store itself however, is very fun and the staff are alway's friendly and give amazing customer service!
good seasonal part time job
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 December 2018
Management was great and ensured employees followed rule. Being a Cashier was hectic because many different customers with different needs as well as fast pace work.
Pros
good seasonal work
Cons
lots of cleaning
Enjoyable workplace, fun coworkers
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 September 2018
A typical day at work is stress free, usually fun because the people you work with are fun. Good job to have as a first job, you learn how retail works.
Pros
Nice environment, good management & coworkers
Cons
Short hours, surprise schedules
Fun work place and nice environment and people
Sign waver and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 December 2018
Every day was more or less the same, most customers were nice and I learned a lot about customer service and cash handling. The coworkers were really nice and my managers were very understanding and gave me the hours and shifts I needed.
Pros
Long breaks, nice coworkers
Cons
Not an all year round job. Just a seasonal job.
Fun workplace. Nice environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 December 2018
They are really understanding and helped me a lot with learning about customer service and helping people out and coordination. They started me out as a sign waver and they quickly offered me cashier. They were very understanding and they’re hard workers.
Pros
Nice people, gave me the hours I wanted and needed.
fun workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2018
Good store but management can be kind of strict and rude. It is disorganized but otherwise the work environment is fine and is ok if you just do what your told
Very positive environment
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 November 2018
From working at Spirit, in general, it was a very positive experience. At times there were people who would not show up or come. in late because of partying the night before.
Pros
1$ bonus for every hour you work
Cons
as it is seasonal some do not take it as a serious position
A great place for those who love Halloween and helping others
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 February 2018
Spirit was a great place for anyone enthusiastic about Halloween. The staff had incredible knowledge on all the products and were more than happy to give in depth explanations to help customers have a deeper understanding of what they were interested in. Spirit had an amazing charity running, which some of the staff were able to go and visit and see the work that they were doing was making a difference. Long hours went by quickly, and the management was awesome.
Pros
great atmosphere, fantastic charity work, great team work
Cons
Great manager and coworkers and atmosphere make this a fun job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 June 2018
Typical work day can include unpacking and pricing products, creating displays and placing products on the floor, assisting customers with change rooms and finding requested costumes. Can also involve working cash or sign holding outside the store to draw in customers. Can be valuable for work experience as a cashier/ customer service representative. Coworkers get along well and manager is tough but cares deeply about workers. Hardest part is being on ones feet for hours but the most enjoyable is interacting with customers and seeing happy children leaving with their costume of choice.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
lots of heavy lifting
bien
Commis à la vente (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC9 January 2019
j'ai apprécié travailler au SPIRIT HALLOWEEN DIX30, ce fut une premiere experience dans laquelle on ma permis d'améliorer mon service a la clientèle et d'affectuer des taches demandés
great place to work!
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 July 2018
Everyone at spirit halloween had a friendly smile and a nice thing to say.great atmosphere to work in. Management was great as well. wish it wasn't only season
Pros
management
Cons
N/a
Great work Enviorment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 April 2013
Really awesome place to work, very laid back, no limits in creativity on what you wear, since you can wear costumes.

The store policy was clear and always the same, so there wasn't any confusion, or very many upset customers.

Management was encouraging, nice and laid back.

my co-workers were really nice people, defiantly "don't judge a book by the cover" type. colorful hair, piercings, and crazy cloths.

the hardest part was when they threw away so many brand new costumes and products in the trash, it was wasteful. they could have been given away, but it was agents the store owners rules.

the most enjoyable parts were how much money we raised to give to the children's hospital. being able to wear the costumes. being in a really fun work enviorment
Pros
creativity, co-workers, discount, enjoyable work enviorment
Cons
wasteful
Customer care (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 June 2018
It's a fun place to work and management is very nice. Things i have learned are better communication skills, i learned how to handle the cash, and learnt how to work in a busy environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see people excited about getting their costumes and having fun.
awful
Set up and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON1 December 2017
I worked here and they screwed me over, staff gets no deals or benefits. Boss would over work you and they only offered me 10$ an hour, Awful. Do not work here
Cons
everything