Spirit Halloween Super Store Employee Reviews

Found 157 reviews matching the search See all 2,308 reviews
Fun job, friendly staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON5 March 2019
After working at the store for 2 years, I cannot wait for it to open up again. Management is very flexible when it comes to scheduling, and even helps to improve your time management.
Everyday feels like Halloween and it makes me scream with joy
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 February 2019
I loved working at Spirit Halloween, it made me feel pretty normal for the amount of weirdness i let off. Its a great place to work if you love working with all types of people and have good knowledge on whats trending and popular. but if not you'll learn along the way.
The management switches every year though, so you never know if you'll be getting a good manager. Same with the team though. you never know who you will be working with every year.
Pros
Costumes, Strange and interesting people, it was right next to a superstore
Cons
It closes the rest of the year
Good seasonal employment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 February 2019
Very good option for a part time student. Only seasonal so good for people who want low commitment. Learn customer service and cashier skills. Lots of positions, sales associate, cashier, and fitting room
Overall
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 February 2019
BEST place to work at , I'm a mom and at the time was in school, the manager at the time took care of each and every one of us individually. Helped a lot with out and understand our different schedules
Fun job, great customers, quick money
SEASONAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 January 2019
Spirit Halloween was a great seasonal job for me. My managers were great although there was a bit of drama between upper management. You get a great discount on products. My location was very flexible with me when it came to hours or if an emergency came up with a shift they were always accommodating. The hours are pretty decent, especially for a seasonal store. I'd go back every season just to make some easy money. The customers are really upbeat and jolly for the most part compared to working retail in a mall.
Pros
Lots of breaks, good discount, great staff
Cons
Sometimes understaffed, no lunch room or internet, takes long to clean the store at the end of the night
Fun and Kind
STORE AND FITTING ROOM CLERK (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2019
Supportive people to work for, kind and understanding. Seasonal work, putting up halloween merchandise. Most of the staff are students making it a fun environment.
Overall fun place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB14 January 2019
It was a fun and fast place to work. Right amount of hours to be productive in the store. Loved stocking items and helping costumers find what they are looking for. Great environment with co-workers, always smiling with them. Sometimes long nights to just walk around uninterrupted and fix things that were out of place. Overall great energy in the store. When I did something wrong or needed help, always had a manager or co-worker to ask.
Pros
fun people
Cons
long hours, small storage space.
bien
Commis à la vente (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC9 January 2019
j'ai apprécié travailler au SPIRIT HALLOWEEN DIX30, ce fut une premiere experience dans laquelle on ma permis d'améliorer mon service a la clientèle et d'affectuer des taches demandés
Fun work place and nice environment and people
Sign waver and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 December 2018
Every day was more or less the same, most customers were nice and I learned a lot about customer service and cash handling. The coworkers were really nice and my managers were very understanding and gave me the hours and shifts I needed.
Pros
Long breaks, nice coworkers
Cons
Not an all year round job. Just a seasonal job.
Fun workplace. Nice environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 December 2018
They are really understanding and helped me a lot with learning about customer service and helping people out and coordination. They started me out as a sign waver and they quickly offered me cashier. They were very understanding and they’re hard workers.
Pros
Nice people, gave me the hours I wanted and needed.
Cons
good seasonal part time job
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 December 2018
Management was great and ensured employees followed rule. Being a Cashier was hectic because many different customers with different needs as well as fast pace work.
Pros
good seasonal work
Cons
lots of cleaning
Very positive environment
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 November 2018
From working at Spirit, in general, it was a very positive experience. At times there were people who would not show up or come. in late because of partying the night before.
Pros
1$ bonus for every hour you work
Cons
as it is seasonal some do not take it as a serious position
fun workplace
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2018
Good store but management can be kind of strict and rude. It is disorganized but otherwise the work environment is fine and is ok if you just do what your told
unprofetional and no communication
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 November 2018
I worked at Spirit burlington for the start of the season where they hired a bunch of people to set up the store with intents of working for the halloween season. When the season started the managers ghosted many of the workers and didint ask them to come back in. When asked they would reply that they were still making the schedual. Meanwhile they chose a few workers to work and there was a full schedual that was not disclosed to anyone else. I ended up declining many job offers because they told me we would be working all the time when in reality they never had intents of actually hiring us or the decenecy to tell us we are out of work. If you are a student in highschool or a part time worker I dont reccomend this job.
Part Time Halloween
Sales Associate/ General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON21 October 2018
Worked as a stocking associate during the busy halloween period. The job required long hours on your feet stocking and cleaning up store displays of halloween products
Pros
Interacting with many people
Cons
On your feet the whole shift
Does not pay on time or correctly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2018
Atmosphere of Halloween is destroyed by poor management. On top of not knowing when you’ll be paid or the correct amount. I would not recommend this job as a primary source of income as a student or anyone.
Pros
Pay day on the 15 got paid on the 20th with no notice and the incorrect amount
Cons
Negative atmosphere
Very disorganized, poorly run company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2018
Unfortunately this is not a well managed company. Upper management is lacking in many places. Too much work placed on their General managers and not enough responsibility for their ASMS. Very low pay for such a hard working job.

The store itself however, is very fun and the staff are alway's friendly and give amazing customer service!
With better managers it is a great work environment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB17 September 2018
The store is very fun and upbeat. The management int this specific location is however very poor. They are very unorganized with their pay, hours, and training. The managers butt heads often about what they want. I have been asked to completely redo tasks that one manager approved, but the other manager was not happy with, it is a waste of everyones time.
Pros
Fun store, long shifts
Cons
Poor management
Enjoyable workplace, fun coworkers
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 September 2018
A typical day at work is stress free, usually fun because the people you work with are fun. Good job to have as a first job, you learn how retail works.
Pros
Nice environment, good management & coworkers
Cons
Short hours, surprise schedules
Don't work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 August 2018
Unprofessinonal, manager as well as the store owner did not get along which made the workplace far more hectic. Applied for being a cashier yet was stuck doing the hard job just for them to let go half of their employees. The store was a mess and everyone was yelled at by the owner for not doing the impossible. Was guaranteed the position as a cashier at first however was told that if I did not help set up the store practicially everyday, I would be let go and the position that, may I remind you, was already given to me, wouldn't be guaranteed after all. If you apply before the store opens, reconsider.
Pros
Cons
Management, Workplace