Spirit Halloween Super Store Employee Reviews

Found 145 reviews matching the search See all 2,079 reviews
unprofetional and no communication
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 November 2018
I worked at Spirit burlington for the start of the season where they hired a bunch of people to set up the store with intents of working for the halloween season. When the season started the managers ghosted many of the workers and didint ask them to come back in. When asked they would reply that they were still making the schedual. Meanwhile they chose a few workers to work and there was a full schedual that was not disclosed to anyone else. I ended up declining many job offers because they told me we would be working all the time when in reality they never had intents of actually hiring us or the decenecy to tell us we are out of work. If you are a student in highschool or a part time worker I dont reccomend this job.
Part Time Halloween
Sales Associate/ General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON21 October 2018
Worked as a stocking associate during the busy halloween period. The job required long hours on your feet stocking and cleaning up store displays of halloween products
Pros
Interacting with many people
Cons
On your feet the whole shift
Does not pay on time or correctly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 October 2018
Atmosphere of Halloween is destroyed by poor management. On top of not knowing when you’ll be paid or the correct amount. I would not recommend this job as a primary source of income as a student or anyone.
Pros
Pay day on the 15 got paid on the 20th with no notice and the incorrect amount
Cons
Negative atmosphere
Very disorganized, poorly run company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2018
Unfortunately this is not a well managed company. Upper management is lacking in many places. Too much work placed on their General managers and not enough responsibility for their ASMS. Very low pay for such a hard working job.

The store itself however, is very fun and the staff are alway's friendly and give amazing customer service!
With better managers it is a great work environment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB17 September 2018
The store is very fun and upbeat. The management int this specific location is however very poor. They are very unorganized with their pay, hours, and training. The managers butt heads often about what they want. I have been asked to completely redo tasks that one manager approved, but the other manager was not happy with, it is a waste of everyones time.
Pros
Fun store, long shifts
Cons
Poor management
Enjoyable workplace, fun coworkers
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 September 2018
A typical day at work is stress free, usually fun because the people you work with are fun. Good job to have as a first job, you learn how retail works.
Pros
Nice environment, good management & coworkers
Cons
Short hours, surprise schedules
Don't work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 August 2018
Unprofessinonal, manager as well as the store owner did not get along which made the workplace far more hectic. Applied for being a cashier yet was stuck doing the hard job just for them to let go half of their employees. The store was a mess and everyone was yelled at by the owner for not doing the impossible. Was guaranteed the position as a cashier at first however was told that if I did not help set up the store practicially everyday, I would be let go and the position that, may I remind you, was already given to me, wouldn't be guaranteed after all. If you apply before the store opens, reconsider.
Pros
Cons
Management, Workplace
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON17 August 2018
Great work experience everyone works together to strive in the workplsce especially the managers are very nice and accepting and everyone helps customers find what they are looking for
great place to work!
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 July 2018
Everyone at spirit halloween had a friendly smile and a nice thing to say.great atmosphere to work in. Management was great as well. wish it wasn't only season
Pros
management
Cons
N/a
Great work environment
Sales Associate, Assistant Manager (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON20 June 2018
Spirit Halloween was my first real job, I worked there for 3 years (seasonally) and worked my way up to assistant manager then manager. This is a great place to gain retail experience.
Great job, fun people
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2018
Wonderful job. It's a very welcoming atmosphere and a very rewarding job. Guests are always in a good mood, management is wonderful, and the coworkers are all very friendly.
Productive yet somewhat slow work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 June 2018
My time spent working at Spirit Halloween was okay. It was pretty fun, got training in working with the cash register. An average day was spent on the floor, then by changing rooms then at cash.
Pros
Friendly environment
Fun environment/atmosphere
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2018
seasonal employment, fun, up beat, playful, enjoyable company, creative, building experiences, decorating, learn to work with lighting and fog machines,
Pros
dressing up in costumes
Cons
only seasonal
Customer care (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 June 2018
It's a fun place to work and management is very nice. Things i have learned are better communication skills, i learned how to handle the cash, and learnt how to work in a busy environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to see people excited about getting their costumes and having fun.
Fun job
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC7 June 2018
It's a fast paced job that is only 10 weeks. High intensity. The company it self is ok, but it is a franchise so it's different at each location. It's not too connected to the head office.
Great manager and coworkers and atmosphere make this a fun job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 June 2018
Typical work day can include unpacking and pricing products, creating displays and placing products on the floor, assisting customers with change rooms and finding requested costumes. Can also involve working cash or sign holding outside the store to draw in customers. Can be valuable for work experience as a cashier/ customer service representative. Coworkers get along well and manager is tough but cares deeply about workers. Hardest part is being on ones feet for hours but the most enjoyable is interacting with customers and seeing happy children leaving with their costume of choice.
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
lots of heavy lifting
fun
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC29 May 2018
This was my first job. It was super fun, very laid-back. Every day we were allowed to choose a costume from the floor and wear it for the day. This encouraged sales. As a first job, it taught me a lot about how to handle customers and control the sales floor when it got busy (which was often since it was a halloween store in october). Good place to start learning about customer service.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
seasonal
Loved in will happily work their again
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 May 2018
I tended to do closing shifts which i really liked. Managment was incredibly nice and would do what they could to make the shifts fit well with other cominetes. The discounts were also amazing
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CT10 May 2018
Love working here seasonally. It is a very fun environment that can get crazy quick. You need to keep a close eye on people so they dont steal. There is no theft alarm system is Spirit stores. The hard part is how chaotic it gets closer to Halloween. You run out of product very fast. The best part is how relaxed and fun the atmosphere is.
Pros
Fun atmosphere/employee discount
Cons
long shifts/Chaos
Environnement stimulant et agreable
Associé aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Centre d'achats Place Vertu, Montréal, QC7 May 2018
C'est un environnement de travail très stimulant, agréable et ca nous apprend a convaincre les clients d'acheter le costume d'halloween et/ou les accessoires qui leur plait.
Pros
Horaire flexible
Cons
Bas salaire