Spin Master Employee Reviews

An alright place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2019
I was on contract and it was a good place to work with good pay and plenty of fun activity such as team outing and parties. As a full-time employee, it may be a bit different such as low pay.
HR and management team is very unprofessional
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2018
Management basically tells HR what to do. Employees have little or no rights. The employee review system is bogus. Work life balance is poor.
The credit and collections management team is the worst i have seen in 20yrs. Favoritism and gossiping is high on the priority list.
Pros
Salary and benefits are good
Cons
Worst collection management team ever.
Spin Master
Independent Contractor/ Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  toronto21 June 2018
Represented for two weekends as a brand ambassador. 3rd party employer- review should not be for Spin master directly.....................................
Temp employee warning
Global Social Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2018
If you are offered a temporary role at Spin Master, know it is temporary so keep your options open.
They say it could lead to FT but 25% of comp is temp. and they keep it that way to be "nimble"
You will not know if you are getting a job till the last second either.
Pros
bagels, snacks.
Cons
lack of transparency.
Brutal
Product Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2018
Management is very much a boys club and you will find women to be very scarce at the top. Work life balance is very bad, unless you are in sales: partners tend to change their minds at the last minute and leaves the team scrambling to meet deadlines. Distrusting and cut-throat atmosphere. Under resourced and under staffed
Pros
cool offices, product centered around fun
Cons
Brutal atmosphere
okay but not great. A lot of room for improvement.
Trade Marketing International Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2018
okay but not great. A lot of room for improvement. no clear career path or direction. Disconnected departments don't typically work well with each other.
Exciting and growing company - no work life balance,
Just an employee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2018
It is a good company to work for, but be prepared for no work life balance, not paid appropriately for the job you are doing and the hours of work expected. Expect calls until midnight or harsh feedback when you cannot accommodate ongoing long work days (12-18 hours is typical). Management is a click so be prepared to be addressed in a non friendly manner or not supported. If they made some changes to the management team or provided some serious coaching required to them, it would be a much better company to work for. Nepotism is also an issue and who is friends with who is how you will more than likely get a promotion, not your hard work.
Fun place to work
Client Sales Associate (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
I loved the corporate culture and the respect to the employees.
Managers care about you and help you grow. Long hours on a daily basis. It is a very creative company .
Good company
Customs Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto9 March 2018
Fun company to work for.
Lots of creative toy to play with.
Good people
Good location in downtown Toronto on the Toronto Transit subway system and GO System.
Great Staff - Terrible Management
Receptionist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2017
I was employed as a contract receptionist at this company. Although the staff was very warm and welcoming, management needs some serious help. the manager i reported too had just been hired a week before me... being coached by someone who still does not know their way around the business/company itself was a serious downfall. Plus there was a lot of internal drama between staff at times.

HR says they are there for you to assist with any issues you may be having with management or staff but instead they use it against you.
Pros
free food, free toys
Cons
management
CEO is full of himself
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2017
No work life balance.. management promotes backstabbing.. no recognition.. no positive feedback provided.. you are on your own.. very toxic environment.. CEO and top management are full of themselves.
Cool working environment But fast paced and no job security
Associate Industrial Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
The company was a fun environment but unreasonable working hours, no job security and no empathy for workers. Early birds are not rewarded, only those who come later and stay later. There is no room for individuals to have a life outside of work.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
Long Hours and no job security
Growing Company
Customer Care Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2017
Growing company, but there are a lot of problems in terms of internal communication and employee appreciation. Do not work in Supply chain or customer care.
Pros
fun products
Cons
Operations and consumer care management
Fun place to Work
Global Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2017
A dynamic organization which is constantly evolving to support the demanding growth of the business. The work culture is fine with good team work and spirit to support the business.
fun company to be a part of, bad management
Public Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
great benefits, friendly co workers. bad managment, little to no onboarding. you can move up into higher positions if you make the right connections. but the company itself is growing so rapidly the little people get trampled and blamed all to often.
Pros
fun events, staff breakfast, cool industry, lots of travel
Cons
bad executive relations, no training, unorganized
great coworkers, bad management
Public Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
amazing work culture and passionate people. management and execs live in a self serviant bubble.
little to no training or onboarding
unorganized.
great travel oppourtunities and amazing staff functions.
good location
fun industry.
Pros
lunches, wellness perks, breakfast, travel, friends, creative, upand coming canadian company
Cons
hard to build a rewarding career, bad managment, like BAD. soul sucking work load and stress.
Fun place, bad management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
I worked at spin master under contract briefly this year. I enjoyed my position but felt management fell short at this place. My manager was very two faced and had terrible communication skills. If you didn't butter him up, he didn't get along with you. He had only started working at Spin a week before me. I feel like I was jipped from what could have been a great opportunity.

My experience wasn't the greatest due to that fact but I was pretty content with everything else. Although HR didn't have my back at the end, they were immediately responsive to any minor internal conflicts, such schedule issues, which I found nice. Overal, majority of staff were friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Free bagels, free fruit, toys
Cons
Do not recommend working here
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2016
Fast growing company yet no room for growth. It's all about making more money yet not spending any, meaning under-payed yet over-worked employees. No structure what so ever to how this place runs, it's an embarrassment.
Fun workplace with creative minds
Freelance Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2016
I got this job after I finished my internship with Spin Master, and I currently work here while I attend university. It is a lot of fun working with the talented designers in the office; I get exposure to various aspects of product development which allows me to better my professional development.
Pros
Fun workplace with great people
Cons
Work hours can be unpredictable
Fun workplace full of creative minds
Project engineering intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2016
Great internship experience. Had a great supervisor who gave me the necessary guidance but also allowed me to have the opportunity to try things on my own. Gained a sense of project management and responsibility through leading meetings, communicating with external vendors and giving approvals for project progression.
Pros
Working with toys, great coworkers
Cons
Can get stressful with last minute changes on projects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spin Master. Our community is ready to answer.

Spin Master Reviews by Location