Sphinx Medical Group Employee Reviews

2.5Job Security & Advancement
Terrible place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2016
I hated working here. The doctors were very unkind and difficult to work for. They did not pay me enough for the amount of stress I was under. It was like walking on eggshells all day every day.
Pros
I gained experience
Cons
terrible owners
I Gained a lot of my Work Experience Here
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2016
I started off working for Sphinx Medical Group as an MOA, and worked my way up to Office Manager. I worked Mon-Fri 9-5, and I would occastionally stop into the clinics on Saturdays if there was an emergency or the staff needed a superviser for some reason. I was based out of Summers Medical Clilnic, but there were also 3 other clinics which I worked with, who were all affiliated with Sphinx Medical Group. My job as an office manager consisted of me travelling from clinic to clinic, speaking with the physicians and addressing and concerns they were having. I would work a lot in my office, working on third party billing, making the schedules for both the staff & physicians (17+ physicians). I was responsible for interviewing potential staff and then relaying my thoughts/opinions to the CEO of the company (we would meet weekly and go through details of the week). I was responsible for training new staff, "keeping an eye" on the front staff, having lunch meetings with the front staff when needed, and was also in charge of the sterilizing process of all the surgical instruments used during medical procedures. I was also responsible for placing the medical supply orders for each clinic (4 in total) and ensuring the clinics did receive each item they had ordered.

I learned managerial skills, organizational skills, time management and how to operate the EMR Healthquest & MedAccess. I learned how to communicate both with staff and CEOs of the company,

The hardest part about the job was the hours. Although I was scheduled 9-5 everyday, I usually ended up working later than 5 and
  more... coming in on nmy days off. This was hard to balance with my home life.

The most enjoyable part of my job was travelling to each of the clinics, as I was always seeing new faces, getting to work in a different work setting, and familiarizing myself with the each clinic's policies and procedures.
Loved the clinic and other employees
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Ab18 August 2015
the management was changing as I was working there. The owners are very nice people as well as the Dr's that I worked with.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Judges