Speedy Transport Group Inc.
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Speedy Transport Group Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada156 reviews

Good experience

This experience is what you make of it. You need to be able to find your own work-life balance in an industry that would otherwise ask very much of its qualified personnel. You will meet all kinds of personalities and you have to be confident in your own skills to succeed. It isn't for everyone, but Speedy has a lot to offer.

Pros

Lots to offer

Environnement très stressante, directeur très agressif . Cri et frappe tout le temps

Il est très désagréable de travailler chez Speedy, le directeur du terminal très agressif verbalement et psychologiquement. Il n y a pas de pause. Très mal vu de demander des vacances. L établissement est sal ,vraiment négatif.

Pros

Rien que

Cons

Il n y’a pas de pause

Adapt or Complain

Find your people, stick together and you’ll survive. Otherwise, keep looking. It’s a truck stop in your journey through life. Management in this place values their relationships with valued partners over valued employees. Anything positive about your work will be to their benefit (and they’ll let you know that too) or it might become an inspiration for the next Instagram post / wrapped vision on a trailer. They will use you and underpay every time.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Unliveable wages for expected work

Low pay.

Too many drivers, not enough work. Short days are normal. No raise in 3 years. Good equipment and easy work. Other LTL companies in the area now pay 2-3 bucks an hour more for the same job.

Pros

Nice trucks.

Cons

Short days. No raise in 3 years.

Stressed

Too stressed to eat at work and theres not a proper lunch room. The company does business in a very crooked way. Your health and safety is a last priority.

Pros

You get to complain about work with your colleagues

Cons

You get little pay and work 10x more

Driving

Bad company no management no rules treat you like animals manager is crazy doesn't respect anybody always screaming and using bad words while talking to driving please go somewhere else !

Good Work

My co-workers were really nice and very easy to get along with.There is always lots to do, but it kept things fresh everyday.i'm just looking for a new job that would allow me to work from home

Pros

Lots to do

Cons

Fast paced

Teamwork

Great company with even better benefits. Very supportive management, team leads and team seniors to help answer any questions. The most supportive environment I’ve ever had the pleasure of working for. Love this job! Day to day can be stressful sometimes with the new high volume but I have faith in the company trying their best to handle the situation.

Benefits

Cons

Fast paced

Good opportunity

Speedy is an awesome place to work! The hours are pretty typical but some days would go longer than others. There is a lot of adaptability in this space and no question is a stupid one! I like that I was able to speak my mind and be heard.

Pros

New office

the best

I feel so proud to work for this organization that really cares about its employees, the offices are the best and the people are very friendly I have always felt at home since I work at speedy

Pros

great opportunity

Overall work environment can be very toxic if you allow it to get to you.

Coworkers are ok for the most part I don't get the impression that employees enjoy working at speedy. There is always some grievances to circumnavigate by management. People quit regularly because of one reason or another. The work load is super heavy. Management is always taking on more work and the human resources are not sufficient to handle the work load. The pay packages are ridiculous and are not commensurate with the work load. Some basic office supplies are not readily available.

Pros

easy to get in the company, so called bonus at the end of year

Cons

low wages, heavy work load, no overtime for salaried employees

great company

great place to work! great managementgreat facility and opportunities for growthmany opportunities for advancementsupportive management and colleagues

Pros

great opportunity

Fast Paced & Fun

Fun, fast-paced, and supportive company to work for. Sometimes work is overwhelming and you feel like you cannot pull away; however, the appreciation from teammates and managers helps to re-energize you. Additionally, they are constantly encouraging their employees to learn and grow!

Pros

Great Support

Cons

Long Hours

Great company with good benefits.

Pros

Great benefits, and great team atmosphere

Cons

Fast paced

Great Team Members/Work-Life balance/Career Growth

Speedy transport is a great place to work, especially in certain departments. There’s work-life balance and opportunity for career growth. I also have great team members.

Would not recommend

If you are thinking about working here, try another company. There is no work/life balance, the management does not care about your well-being, it’s all self interest and this is why the culture is toxic. During the beginning of Covid-19 there were no measures of safety in place! I was so shocked. I was a manager here yet all I was given was empty promises, they make you work with out proper compensation. Do not work here or even apply!

Cons

Low wage and micro management

Good group of transportation

It is a good company to work and learn about transportation. It gives me opporunity to enhance my knowldege and work capability everytime. Everyone in the comapny always helps each other.

Great company with good pay and good environment!

Been here close to 10 years now and I'm glad I found this place, big company but still family owned and operated, with covid other transport companies shutting down we are still busy working everyday!! Owner of the company is very easy to talk to and treats you like family!! Plus with our good pay we get profit sharing and bonuses for our hard work!!

Fast paced company with a great culture.

Working for this company for over 2 years, I have learned a lot. This family based company started in 1941 is fast paced, and growing. The company's ability to adapt, overcome, and keep customers/employees needs in mind is front and center. With new terminals consistently opening, Speedy - SZTG is headed in the right direction. The culture is fun, a priority on partnerships with customers, and engaging the local community with support.

Pros

Room for Advancement

Great company, learn something new everyday.

Great place to be if you enjoy a fast paced environment. The job is definitely not boring and there is tons to learn and room for advancement if you seek a career in transportation.

Pros

Growing company

Very good

I have been working at speedy transport for 17 year's the owner is friendly easy to talk too you can walk in his office anytime management is also very friendly vice president is also very nice 👌 it's the best company i ever work for and am 51 year's old

Pros

Lots of overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedy Transport Group Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Speedy Transport Group Inc. with

• Speedy Transport Group Inc.