Speedy Transport Group Inc.

Speedy Transport Group Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada136 reviews
I worked for speedy for two years, management at my terminal was exceptional. However for the amount of work I was expected to do I do not believe I was paid fairly. I enjoyed the job and the fast paced environment of it. Head office seems to be stacked and favouritism is absolutely an issue.
Honestly I have zero good things to say about this company. I’ve been working here for about 2 years now and I get treated like garbage. Management is the absolute WORST. I can’t stress that enough. I’ve gotten suspended on my birthday for absolutely no reason, I’ve actually never got proper training before nor do they care. They just expect you to automatically know everything the day you start. They overwork you and take advantage of you, I never signed up for 10 hour shifts but was working them without getting paid. They’ve been treating me like I’m nothing and honestly I’ve had about enough
Pros
Cons
Hours, Management, Training, Safety Procedures, Favouritism
I didn't work at Speedy for long, however there is no respect for their newer employees. You could try to do your best, and it would always go unappreciated. The customer care mangers are very unprofessional and if you haven't worked there for years you will not feel comfortable working there and will be treated like you're the dirt that they walk on. I only hope that this company will grow and realize the rights, and the wrongs. I enjoyed the work and the fast paced environment, but overall it was a very bad atmosphere. and head dispatch can be very nasty, and unprofessional. Save yourself, find another transportation company!!!
benefits
Cons
Unprofessional supervisors and managers
If you want to be spoken down to on a regular basis and be made to feel like dirt for bringing freight back then this is the job for you Terminal manager is a cockroach with no loyalty to anyone but himself. From the dock workers to drivers there is massive turnover.

Oh and don’t expect to have a life as you won’t have one. Do not trust anyone in the office
Pros
Lots of hours.
Cons
Too many to list.
since i started as an intern i didn't a regular job interview, there"s valuable people at the company not exactly in the management, still i'm grateful for the opportunity i was hire for the summer and end up working 8 years with them, i quit for personal reasons, overall was an exceptional enriching experience.
Worked here for 4 years. Would not recommend. Corporate parachutes teams members in from sister terminals, and the parachuted members cause immense turmoil for little to no gain. Save yourself the hassle, its not worth it.
If you love challenges, fast paced environment, work as a team and decision making, then this company is for you. I’ve been working here for more than 5 years now( the number speaks for itself)
It has been a pleasure working there...
I would love to work there in future again if given an opportunity..The work is jot that easy but as they say the tougher it gets ,the tougher you become..
Il te force à faire du temps supplémentaire même si tu veux pas en faire
The workplace is very very very fast paced but it is a transportation company and there is a lot of freight that needs to move fast. I dont mind because the days go by quickly. Very good company
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Speedy Transport Group Inc.?
L'équipe de gestion est super et toujours prête à aider. La formation reçue était très détaillée. L’équipe de gestion est toujours prête à nous aider à régler toutes sortes de problématiques. Les collègues sont incroyables. Les avantages sociaux sont excellents et le bonus annuel apporte une plus-value. Travailler ici est comme travailler avec des membres de la famille.
Je fais du transport longue distance à partir de Montréal et vers Montréal. Il y a peu de temps d’attente entre les terminaux, la paie est très bonne et l’essence à 0,425$/litre est très compétitif. L’équipe de gestion est très compréhensive.
Great workplace culture. Superiors are accommodating and a pleasure to work alongside. Coworkers always have your back on the job and care about your personal safety.
The pay is nothing special but the fact that the job is enjoyable every shift and there is a lot of useful experience to gain seems be a good trade off. Would recommend to anyone looking for a career in transportation
Hardworking job. The environment is great. The supervisor are really good. The thing which i learnt from that job is time management and how to deal with problems in limited time
I think it's a good company to work for dispatch is good and if you have a problem you can always call them and they will help you solve the problem. Dispatch is easy to talk to and you have real good managers so if you have a break down they are quick to get the truck back on the road
the company has a really good benefits plan, very good coverage and affordable. it also has an annual bonus at the end of the year just before Christmas which is great too
I work for them in nightshift, good equipment, clean truck and good road assistance if ever needed. Friendly dispatcher team. No dispatcher is forceful. Paycheck on time every week, without errors.
Overall a nice experience
Great people
Very flexible schedules

Many options to choose from

Excellent equipment

On-site maintenance shop

Standard pay rates with many opportunities for extras
very fast paced environment so if you are a slow worker than this isn't the place for you. If you learn quick and and enjoy watching the day fly by then this is the best place for you. Management is easy to talk to and co workers are awesome, many of us are friends outside work too. Great benefits!
really great place to work. Lots of training was given and the co workers were super friendly. I am learning a lot at this company and hope to continue learning more!
Fast paced family work environment with individual growth potential. The company leads by example from management down and the team works together for the same goal. Hard work is compensated and recognized in bonus incentives.
Pros
All the tools and support to succeed with the company.
Cons
Long hours but fairly compansated when required.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedy Transport Group Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.