Speedy Transport Group Inc. Employee Reviews

Not very professional
AZ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 June 2018
Worked as a sub contractor for a owner operator,
Can't really describe the company because I was not a direct employee. Ok company to work with.
Not very professionaly managed dispatch.
You can say clerks.
good
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 May 2018
good environment well being respect and good salaries.
storage moved every day to assure the fastest service possible.
the human ressources work to ensure the best for the team.
Great culture and friendly people
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 May 2018
Speedy is a very agile company. Definitely an environment for people who thrive on new challenges every day. Never a boring moment. Management is helpful and supportive.
Worst place in my life
Linehaul Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2018
You will hear lots of "F" words from dispatch office when you are waiting your dispatch in the room. They treat the driver as a working dog. If you think if this company pays good, you are under estimate yourself too much!!
Pros
Big Yard
Cons
Dispatch manager
Super friendly management and fellow employees
Driver Check In Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 April 2018
The department had a lot of scanning but there was never a dull moment. Most of the drivers were friendly and everyone was easy to get along with. Management was super nice and lenient. Excellent training was provided. The day/evening would go so fast and the atmosphere was very relaxed.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Lots of scanning
Very fast paced and has a good working environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 April 2018
People are very friendly, if you dont understand something people have no problem taking the time to show you.
Very fast paced environment with a lot of different things going on which makes the days fly by.
Management are very friendly and willing to help you as much as they can
The hardest part of the job is it is alot of work and you need to have a very strong work ethic to complete tasks
The fellow employees are friendly, you can talk about almost anything while getting your work done.
Overall I loved working for speedy and would consider returning as I only left to go back to school.
Pros
Friendly People
Worst place to work
Dock Hand (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON14 March 2018
An absolute horrible place to work. Management is a dictatorship, treating their employees and drivers like garbage. Faced harrassment from my bosses on a daily basis by being yelled at, demeaned, talked down to and called names. Safety did not exist. Drivers walking around the warehouse without safety vests, walking in and out of your trailer without telling you. Drivers pulling the trailer away from the dock with forklift still in the trailer. Outside conditions are unsafe with ice falling from roof, icy stairs and improper plowed yard making for slippery conditions. So if you don't value your personal Safety or others safety and like being yelled at and harrased then this is the perfect job for you.
Pros
Cons
Management harrassment and no safety
By far the worst place to work
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 March 2018
Don't even bother, if you do, make sure you have your divorce papers ready, as working for this company will eventually lead to nothing but problems with spouse or family. you are expected to give your all but in return get nothing. if i could take back the time i wasted with this company, id be greatful for that alone.

hot heads in management will drive this company to the ground in the near future.
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Everything!
Management soo soo bad
Driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 December 2017
All drivers and owners operators are tired with the management because thay always charge too much money if there is a damage trailer if driver did report that damage before pick up trailer that put that damage on that driver who reported even. This happen with me. They Just want to make money for the company they don't care about the drivers. Stay away.
Warning! Do not work here!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2017
There are no work manuals or proper training.
High stress
No management or human resource to help you.
They have a sink or swim mantality
Every month some one was let go
Fround upon if you eat away from your desk or go to the bathroom.
Cons

Want to know more about Speedy Transport Group Inc.?

Ask a question
Friendly environment with great benefits
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 July 2017
great benefits and hours! lots of opportunity to excel with in the company. The pay is decent and weekly which is a plus! really recommend this company to students or recent graduates. I love working here !
Pros
great hours, benefits, weekly pay
Premiere experience
Commis au douanes (Former Employee) –  Aux, QC30 April 2017
travailler chez Speedy etait ma premier experience dans le domaine logistic. J'ai beaucoup aimer mon experience et aussi la diversité des taches.
Productive and fun workplace
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 April 2017
I have learned over the past 3 years of being back at Speedy a hole new side of the industry.
- learning how to operate the day to day operations of a trucking company
- working along side a great dock staff
- management team is great
- hardest part of my job, is to ensure every deadline and shipment is met
Pros
The staff
No Benifits - Job Stability
Account Payable (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 March 2017
I worked there one day shy of 3 months and they let me go. While I was there I seen them let 2 other girls go saying it was due work shortage. But to come to find out they were just about to complete their 3 months also. With that being said this company isn't a company to work for if your looking long term. They take 3 months work from you then let you go so they don't have to provide you benefits. Since I left there I've seen them repost the same job description every few months.
Great place to work at.
Interline Payables (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2017
Speedy Transport gave me an opportunity to work in Interline Payables which I thoroughly enjoyed. Being a recent graduate from college and searching hard for a job, Speedy gave me an opportunity even when I had no experience. I made really good friends and still stay connected to them.
Pros
flexibility with hours
speedy
Truck Driver - Class 1 (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2017
inadequate training for most drivers and dockworkers hardest part of the day was trying to figure out why they loaded my trailer that way a lot of awesome customers though
Pros
lots of work
Cons
dispatch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedy Transport Group Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Speedy Transport Group Inc. Reviews by Location