Speedy Transport Group Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor management setting.
Drivers check in/Dispatch Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 May 2019
Working with people in this company is great but the management is awful. Job security is nothing to write home about. The more reason you keep seeing their advert every now and then. In terms of remuneration package, they offer very low compared to what's obtainable in the market.
Can't advise anyone to work here except if you are an owner operator with them. My honest advise
Pros
Meet with good staff
Cons
Work more than the expected hours.
Wouldn’t suggest working for this company
cross-dock forklift operator JHSC Rep (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 May 2019
You can be the yes man as much as you want working for this company, never been written up nor call in often. Worked there for 6 months and woke up to a phone call at 730 am saying I was terminated, couldn’t give a reason as to why other than there company not doing well and they need a restructure. Very unsafe work environment, as a safety rep tried to push and push for safety meetings which they never have, multiple occurrences of drivers going off docks and drivers pulling trucks away. If you think your going to be certified to actually drive a forklift in there, that’s a joke aswell, worked there 6 months and that’s when I finally received adequate training. Let’s talk about hazmat spills! Better learn to use your common sense and figure something out with cardboard and stretch wrap cause the odds of them carrying spill kits in the warehouse are highly unlikely. If there’s a spill of any sort you can get ready to clean it up with no p.p.e cause they don’t carry efficient ppe aswell. Goodluck, pat is garbage at a whopping 16$ an hour for cross-dock warehouse.
Pros
The people that work there are good management and supervision is a joke
Cons
Unorganized, unsafe, pay is doodoo
Don't work here!!!
Dock Hand (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON7 April 2019
As a former dock hand I witnessed so many saftey violations, too many to name here. To name just a few though I saw a trailer pulled away from the dock with somebody on a forklift still in the trailer, trailer pulled from the dock as I was about to enter and people entering and exiting the trailer without warning as it's being unloaded. If you value your saftey dont work for this company. Managment is the absolute worse, I've never being degraded and harrassed as much as I had been as I was working at this company. Overall it was hands down the worst company I have ever seen. The freight was loaded in Brampton haphazardly and jammed in as much as they could and when it got to brockville it was a jumbled mess most of the time. So if you dont value your saftey and want to be treated badly then this is the right job for you!!
Pros
Cons
Saftey and management
good fun place
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2019
Good work place to learn, work environment is not that great.

work life and personal life cannot be balance due to shift timings and

hardest part was night shifts.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
night shifts
One of a kind place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON19 March 2019
If you’re just starting out as a driver,, this is gonna be a great place to learn!!! You will bump more docks in messed up places in a few months than most bump in a year.
BUT if you’re someone who has already worked too many hours for other people in your past, Already messed up your life outside of work due to working too much???? If you want to dile back how much time you spend at work? Run. Speedy needs drivers who want hours. Not just a nice day job,, then go home on time. Good people. Just hard to do 8 to 10 hours only in a day.
Pay is fine. Management is very knowledgeable!!!!! But has to do the best they can with the amount of drivers and resources they have available to them at any given time.
Pros
It’s great on slow days.
Cons
Hard to get done on time. Spouses like routine.
Safe and free environment
Accounts & Rates Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 March 2019
Excellent place to work.
much of mental concentration is needed as mostly its related to Audit position and lots of learning about Transport Industry .
Good coworkers willing to help
Customs Processor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 February 2019
I learned workplace culture working there which will be very beneficial for my next career opportunity. It helps me to know proper conduct in the office.
Pros
Good coworkers
Mauvais
Chauffeur classe 1 (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 January 2019
Tres mauvaise experience et ont est traité comme dla marde
A great place to work!
HR & Safety (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 January 2019
Speedy is a top level carrier with high level personnel, equipment and business practices. Speedy is continuously looking for ways to implement efficiencies and new technology, as well as ways to coach and train their people. Over the 15+ years I have worked here, I have been given several different opportunities to continue to grow myself and my career. Great people to work with who have become some of my closest friends. Each day holds a new challenge, which makes it exciting each and every day!
A great place to work!
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 January 2019
I joined as a City Owner Operator a couple of years ago. Management has increased our pay schedule and they are always looking for ways to improve our lives. If you hustle and work hard - you will be rewarded by making great money with very little deductions. I read the negative stuff on these review sites and I know that the people who leave negative comments represent less than 1 percent of people who work here or have worked here. If you dedicate yourself to the customers and the company - you receive recognition and great bonuses on top of the great pay structure. I have worked for other trucking companies over the years and nothing compares to Speedy Transport. If you have a problem that needs to be solved you have access to VPs and the CEO on a daily basis. I have never seen executives this dedicated to drivers and other regular workers. It's a joy to come into work everyday.
Pros
Benefits - Pay - Management - Steady Work - Dispatch - Discounted Fuel
Hardworking group
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 January 2019
Speedy was a good job to ease into after returning to the workforce from being a stay at home parent. The team I worked with was a great crew and are unforgettable. It gave me a solid foundation in customer service and for that I am grateful for that experience.
Good company
Operations (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 December 2018
Lots of work to do, but really easy work. Not a lot of training. Everyone is busy, so you need to ask for help to get it. People are friendly. Management is easy to talk to.
Pros
Some departments do work events
Environment was not friendly
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 September 2018
Most of the co-workers were aggressive towards the new employees.
The work wasn't the worst, but could be dangerous at times and wasn't very stimulating.
Good Work Place
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 August 2018
Good Colleagues, good place to learn and get experience for logistics and operation, Benefits are good but shift timings are not that great.
Work and personal life balance cannot be managed properly.
Pros
not as such
Cons
awkward shifts
Not very professional
AZ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 June 2018
Worked as a sub contractor for a owner operator,
Can't really describe the company because I was not a direct employee. Ok company to work with.
Not very professionaly managed dispatch.
You can say clerks.
good
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 May 2018
good environment well being respect and good salaries.
storage moved every day to assure the fastest service possible.
the human ressources work to ensure the best for the team.
Great culture and friendly people
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 May 2018
Speedy is a very agile company. Definitely an environment for people who thrive on new challenges every day. Never a boring moment. Management is helpful and supportive.
Worst place in my life
Linehaul Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2018
You will hear lots of "F" words from dispatch office when you are waiting your dispatch in the room. They treat the driver as a working dog. If you think if this company pays good, you are under estimate yourself too much!!
Pros
Big Yard
Cons
Dispatch manager
Super friendly management and fellow employees
Driver Check In Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 April 2018
The department had a lot of scanning but there was never a dull moment. Most of the drivers were friendly and everyone was easy to get along with. Management was super nice and lenient. Excellent training was provided. The day/evening would go so fast and the atmosphere was very relaxed.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Lots of scanning
Very fast paced and has a good working environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 April 2018
People are very friendly, if you dont understand something people have no problem taking the time to show you.
Very fast paced environment with a lot of different things going on which makes the days fly by.
Management are very friendly and willing to help you as much as they can
The hardest part of the job is it is alot of work and you need to have a very strong work ethic to complete tasks
The fellow employees are friendly, you can talk about almost anything while getting your work done.
Overall I loved working for speedy and would consider returning as I only left to go back to school.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedy Transport Group Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Speedy Transport Group Inc. Reviews by Location