Speedy Glass

Speedy Glass Employee Reviews

Canada45 reviews
It was a fast-paced environment, everyone was great to work with. I wish I could have worked there longer, but due to the pandemic the company decided to restructure & cut a lot of jobs.....mine included.
Very good company to work for. Great work life balance. Respectful of people. You will learn to not only work on the vehicles, but you also learn how to sell the accessories and work directly with the customers.
Pros
great benefits and pay
very poor managerment, every year they fire and hire new chief manager and they know nothing but just try to push your work more.
The benefits is good but the salary absolutely not fit what you work for, if you have bad relationship with the store manager. Your will only raise

3-5% each year, and if you are a new guy ,then dont expect you will get raise after 3 months, they will do that next year. they will pay you lowest pay when you first join

there are not such thing call company culture, store manager just care about how much the shop can earn this month, how many job you did today
There is no room in the company to move from a tech to a manager, they will hire from outside source for new management.
They say there is room for growth and advancement, when that is a lie.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
It's not a career
No team go, do it all yourself, cram as many jobs in as possible no care for a job well done with no returns. Just get those 5 on no now 6 jobs done a day not counting 3-4 rock chip repairs( “chip repair isn’t a real job”) management checking on your progress on ever job 3-5 times.
staff is friendly,,, there we can learn new things every day,, from this job i achieve a lot,, this job changed my life,, i recommend if anybody get chance they don’t miss..
workplace culture
personal & professional life balanced

good health benefits

job security is there

less fair pay

management is good

multicultural working environment
Employees are treated like trash by upper management they don’t care about anything but themselves alot of bullying and harassment and they get away with it.
Pros
Cons
Not a good place to work
Very busy sometimes too stressful to keep up with demands. Expected to to alot on your own with little to no training. Insurance companies can be hard to deal with at times
Pros
good hours
Cons
stress
phones non stop, not enough staff. Minimal increases in wages according to experience and position.
learned a lot during my employment and some great opportunities to advance in my years of service.

Store management and co-workers was awesome. Other management not so much.

In the end you are just a number when they want you gone even if there was nothing bad to say about your work ethics as a valued employee.
Had a great learning experience. Relaxed yet fast paced at times. Efficient and reliable. Very friendly and positive manager and technician. Great atmosphere!
Speedy is owned by Belron Canada. By working at speedy you also have much opportunity to expand. You are provided with proper training and tools to make sure you achieve success. Friendly staff and management throughout the company.
My time at this company was enjoyable. my position was dynamic but had long term stability. The salary range was the norm for the industry and bonuses helped to supplement it.
I had a unique opportunity working for Speedy Glass. I functioned in many roles from installer, field technician, sales person, trainer and fill in manager. I loved my work there as an installer, trainer, field technician sales person. The wages I received were different than other technicians with the company. And I had ample holidays. There is a fair benefit package health, drugs and pension plan. Many of the stores that I worked for have managers of different quality. Some managers were beautiful people and there are specific individuals that will indeed break laws, short a persons pay, violate human rights (bullying, harassing, belittling). My advice if you have one of the better ones, give it a go. If you happen to get the bad manager just walk out the door. Life is too short to work with such a miserable person.
Used to be very proud to work for Speedy but the company is now more focused on money and treats the employees terrible, most of the seniors have quit or are lucky to be at a store with good immediate staff.
The people I work with are great, the pay is average. For the most part the customers are easy to deal with. There are a LOT of changes happening within the company, so would I recommend it to a friend....not anymore. Sorry.
I don't have a lot to say at this point. Belron is a fair company, like any corporate company the expectation isn't always in line with what actually happens in the store itself.
When working at Speedy Glass I got many learning opportunities, and has helped me even a few months later. They taught me how to take vehicles apart and put them back together as well as basic windshields, aquapel, back glass, and door glass. The workplace could use more information or more tools for information for the installation of each vehicle. Speedy Glass is a decent place to work at as long as everyone you worked with kept up with their daily tasks.
Pros
good hours and could leave earlier if i only took half my lunch
Cons
the traffic at 5pm in Barrie
Owner and wife were horrible to work for and total narcissists. Nothing was ever organized and was always someone’s fault but their own. I was made to feel inadequate and not equal . I would suggest management training for owners... they would have better business
Pros
Cons
Too many
Poor Management. Managers know nothing about there own business or how much a fair wage is. If you get a job here you will need a second as they don't pay well.
Pros
Cons
Unfair wage and terrible treatment
Horrible company to work for. Management has very poor management skills....if any. Recently a very high turnover due to the poor management. If you like to be stressed and treated very poorly this is the place for you. Stay Away.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Everything but the free coffee