Speedy Glass Employee Reviews

Stay Away
Glass Installer/CSR (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 April 2019
Horrible company to work for. Management has very poor management skills....if any. Recently a very high turnover due to the poor management. If you like to be stressed and treated very poorly this is the place for you. Stay Away.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Everything but the free coffee
A Call Centre Nightmare
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 January 2019
This company has one overarching problem: zero training for call centre staff. You are put on the job immediately and with no training, being expected to handle calls and know the computer system without any assistance or orientation. It leads to demoralized staff and high turnover rates. I don't even blame the customers who get annoyed and frustrated and just end up hanging up and using another service.

Management is impossible to work with and completely unreceptive to concerns of staff beneath them.
Low pay, only care for their share holders.
Glass tech (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 January 2019
Decent place to learn the trade, but besides that they will under pay you, they will tell you that you can't take the college course to get your ticket because "the classes never fill up due to not enough people signing up" ask vcc, this is totally wrong. You can't get two days in a row off. Management cares more about share holders than employees. Will over work you until you get injured. After 2 years of doing 6-8 jobs a day they offered me a 39 cent raise. 3 days later I had 4 companies offer me 4-6 dollars more plus more vacation time.
Pros
Training
Cons
Everything else
Belron is a horrible company to work for! Stay away!
Glazier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 December 2018
This company is purely build on greed and profit. They care nothing for their employees and hire incompetent management. I worked for speedy glass for over 25 years, and was there for over 10 years after Belron bought speedy From TCG. Back when TCG owned speedy it was very good and we were treated very well. Belron has come in and is slowly destroying the company. They did this to standard auto glass now they are doing it to speedy and other affiliates they own. The HR department will defend management and make the employees suffer if they complain. There have been cases of abuse that have not been dealt with correctly.If you want to have a good career, stay far away from Belron
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Poor wages, disrespect, long hours, layoffs, misery
Great people,
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 November 2018
Here they truly care, the focus is always customer first. Dealing with all sorts of diffrent poeple on a daily basis as well as diffrent insurance companies and accounts.
Pros
Staff is Amazing
Cons
Working weekends ocasionally
Great Opportunity
Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2018
Worked with them for 4 years straight.
Good employer with good wages
great training and advancement opportunities
Some upper management are very unprofessional where they will sabotage certain employees for no particular reasoning.(pre conceived opinions of people)
After 4 years with a great company I was "forced out" by newly hired upper management with no professional standing or basis for the treatment.
This made me sour to the company as a whole for allowing it to happen in plain sight. Various managers questioned and could not understand the off based opinion of me and my work from some superiors, but still allowed abuse to happen regardless.

I regretfully quit after about a year of enduring this abuse and accepted an offer from a competitor from across the street, for more value and wage. I was then screwed over by said competitor during probation period, but not after training, organizing and re-vamping they're business and now I am fully out of the glass business due to a disgusted, distrusting feeling from the business.

Sad really....but I am now smarter with my business
great company to work for until you have to deal with upper management
Assistant Service Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 October 2018
worked there for approx. 10 years. Based off my first 7 years there i would have given this organization 5 stars no problem. the last 3 years however were completely the opposite. new regional management had absolutely zero people skills and treated employees like garbage. never felt so talked down to and subsequently ashamed to work for this company considering what it used to be. I'm sure the other people that were layed off at the time would agree.
Pros
great group of peers
Cons
upper managent
Don’t waste your time
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 October 2018
My only advice to anyone who applies to this job. Is run as far away as you can. Do not waste your time. They have a very high turn over rate, the pay is laughable and the people there are a joke. If you are looking for a company which you can grow; Belron is it it. False hope, unprofessional and poorly ran.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Unwilling to adapt to local market
Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2018
This company has great potential if they would be willing to adapt to the local market better.

General employee feedback falls on deaf ears, and regional management tries to follow the business model of other markets which operate differently.

When (inexperienced) management is approached about problems and is supplied with a realistic and practical solution it often gets dismissed as being the employees complaining. HR is your best friend if you work at this company.

Don't expect a fair wage for the amount of work you do, at least in the Calgary area.

The saving grace for this company is honestly the employees. Most of the people that I had the pleasure of working with were honest hardworking people. Most however keep at least one eye on the horizon for better opportunities.
Cons
Management, Salary
pro
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 May 2018
Low stress work environment.

Unstable management unless you are German :)

Cheep company all maintenance work is done by unpaid interns.

Personally I was given a laptop with broken hard drive lower cost to replace the part than my daily salary still won't replace.
Cons
If you thrive with demanding job with fast pace - this is the place for you
CSR/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley1 May 2018
Extremely fast paced environment with deadlines - mostly geared to automotive glass (my specialty is both flat and auto) - long hours with not much down time - not top money but pretty good.
Pros
Full time employment
Cons
Pushed to the limit daily
Mundane labour, friendly people
Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB20 March 2018
I was a summer temp for Speedy Glass, I spent most of my time cleaning car interiors, washing windows, preparing windshields to be installed, and driving the van to pick up Tim Hortons. The people were friendly, and I got to work at multiple stores across the greater Saint John area, which was awesome. I did get to replace one windshield, though.
Pros
Awesome people, Music helps time go by
Cons
Long hours, especially in hot weather
great crew
Auto Glass Technician Apprentice/Mobile Tech (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2017
a nice job/industry to get into if your not too technically inclined. they train you and pay for everything in terms of tools, but the pay is pretty low and basically no advancement opportunities. They will say there is lots of opportunity but I have never seen anyone advance.
great place to work at
Auto Glass Assistant (Former Employee) –  Val Caron, ON12 June 2017
i have this job as a highschool co op position and it was a great job. i wish i was able to work there after school but was unable to. the people you work with are great and it is not stressful work
Pros
laid back
Cons
no real cons
Head Technician (Current Employee) –  Listowel, ON4 June 2017
speedy glass is one the best places i've work great team and owners i just feel as if i've over grown my time there don't plan on leaving on bad terms.
i love working at speedy glass its a very fast paced and hard working place and everyday brings a new challenge
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 May 2017
Great place to work, great team work and supervisors.
Learnt alot well working at speedy.
Great communication between supervisors and staff.
This was a great place to work because of the district managers and store managers.
call centres and tied hands
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 March 2017
Employees will only hear about negatives but no positive reinforcement ever. managers are merely glorified babysitters. call centres are more important than giving the customer the ability to just deal locally with the shops.
Pros
a boot allowance once a year
Cons
the shareholders make more than the employees
Great Auto-glass Business
Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB12 July 2016
Work near Calgary makes for a fairly steady work week. Great support through Management from local manager to corporate (Belron) level.
Pros
Steady work at great pay!
Cons
Busy days are very tiring.
great training provided, excelent tools and equipment provided
Mobile auto glass technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 June 2015
working as a mobile installer, I get to be the representative for the company. When provided with the proper information and parts required to complete any work necessary, my job becomes easy. There is generally a lot of opportunity for overtime, especially in the mid to late spring.
Great place to work: staff and work itself.
CSR & In Shop/Mobile Technician (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB16 October 2014
Great place to take on and learn new things everyday.
Excellent work safety program involved, and specialized tools for the job.
Wonderful group of people to work with.
Chances for advancement.
Pay is lacking in terms of cost of living in the east, but so is basically every other job not government related.
Has pension and benefits.
Excellent hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Speedy Glass. Our community is ready to answer.