Speedy Auto Service

Speedy Auto Service Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
was a good company, but has changed since bought out by Fix Auto

royalites and less training , company has become to big adding Glass to locations

find it harder to make money paying fee's that we never paid before
Pros
self employed
Cons
cost gone way up and harder to replace staff
Great employees however management is nice but very demanding will try to underpay I left because they wouldn't increase my pay to 1 dollar over minimum wage even though I was doing the work of a second or 3rd year apprentice.
Pros
Nice people & employees, clean working environment, management is understanding
Cons
Stingy with pay
Working at speedy was a great experience, I did learn a lot from the people who I worked with. They were all nice and always willing to help, sometimes they would order pizza which was cool.
Good place to work and learn about the automotive industry
Fast paced workplace with a potential to grow

Very informative management with lot of knowledge

Very friendly staff.
Speedy encompasses great management and customer service. I would highly recommend this location to anyone who wants great service at an affordable cost.
Had a great time as a volunteer. All i did was cleaning, oil changing, and organizing their tools. As a volunteer not much was needed for me to do as I wasn't getting paid but I got the job done!
I learned a lot at my time spent working at Speedy. The mechanics there were like family. Very experienced mechanics assisted me to becoming the best.
Pros
close to home
Cons
No Cons
Just like any thriving automotive business in this day and age.. the work flow fluctuates. However there was never a lack of stuff to do or things to fix! Spent a lot of time working on exhaust systems (from custom fab to direct replacement), and aligning vehicles for Many other shops around town.
The owner and the staff were the highlight of the job. They were super helpful and understanding and made the job enjoyable everyday. I was made to feel like I belonged and I was part of the team which is the best thing you can feel in a workplace. Overall it was a great place to work and a super enjoyable experience.
If you can bend pipe and work on cars this is the job for you. Manager is great. Staff is great flexible lunches etc. I shouldn’t have left if I could go back I would
Pros
Great management
Cons
Saturday work
Poor management, zero job security and rare advancements. Always working past hours given with no overtime.
Foreman is great very willing to teach.

Moral in shop is usually up beat, but no forgiveness on minor mistakes.

Owner is all about money and less about getting the job down properly.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
long hours with no overtime
having experience in the automotive industry is a great factor when working at speedy but the way management was its not the best place to be. declining customers left right and center, very degrading towards younger people still learning, and very judgemental on the facts you know and try to give to help the situation.
Pros
Cons
everything
I worked hard for Speedy Auto, I did not approve when they sent in a secret shopper to evaluate how we were required to up-sell customers that came in. I suggested that a lady get rid of the old clunker that came in instead of me selling services and repairs on a junker. This kind of action gives a mechanic and a company a bad name.
Pros
I increased sales in the first year
Cons
head office changed
my experience was great. all the guys treated me like a longtime coworker. really laid back work place as long as productivity is still high.always able to get an extra hand if needed.
I enjoy working in this company. Its just too bad that they are not able to keep me longer nor provide me a full time position.Management is very approchable .
Pros
Gives free lunch on pay day
Love working for this garage. honest, quick, and amazing service

id stay here till i had to leave.

great, clean , organized shop with kind people working
On a typical day I called clients to confirmed appointments, learned about oil changing, learned how to deal with distributors and customers in a timely fashion.
Nice people and a great place to work good expereince and great location. There was o good amount of work until it got close to winter and thats when everything slowed down.
Jai adore cette emploi, elle mas permis dapprendre beaucoup dinformation sur les autos et el service a la clientele gerer le temps de travaille etc.
Pros
Gens acceptant, bon equipe de travaille
Cons
Que je ne nest pa pue continuer a apprendre sur le travail
At Speedy you get the Speedy service you need, there is no doubt about it. There is much to learn there as well, if given the chance to be properly trained there is no doubt someone could do the job with their eyes closed. The manager there is easy going but still a boss to an employee, and is always smiling. The employees there are welcoming and easy to talk to, and have no problem making a friend out of one another if given the chance. The hardest part about the job is keeping on task with things that you aren't fully trained in but are expected to do, as well as keeping on top of paper work that was already done before you even began working there, and you get blamed for it being missing. The most enjoyable part of the job at Speedy is that if you're finished everything you were hired to do and there are no customers then you are able to go and mingle with your co-workers.

But I would not suggest working there if you're looking for a job that will last longer then a week shy of 3 months...
Pros
Great people, Warm and Welcoming Atmosphere, Non-Rude Boss
Cons
Slow business, Run out of task's to do, Terrible Corporate Employers
good owner
good manager

good place to learn a lot of things

good workmates