SpeedLine Solutions Inc.

SpeedLine Solutions Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews

companymanagementgreatworkworkingspeedlineteamyear

Great People. Great Work Culture

A great place to work; The IT team is welcoming, eager to help and share their knowledge. It is a truly collaborative work place. Team members encourage input and are authentically open to suggestions. Management trusts the team to do their job, but also there to guide the team in a supportive way; I was given the opportunity to work in areas that were strictly speaking not my core responsibility. This was particularly important to me, because I place a high value on continues learning. The people, collaborative work environment, and varied learning opportunities have made working at SpeedLine an excellent experience. Highly recommended.

The Good and The BadSpeedline has some decent foundations but so many problems.

So let's start with the good: The company has a generally inviting feeling, people don't talk down to you, and there is a run-of-the-mill corporate effort to make you feel somewhat valued. The building looks nice; they have free wifi (but who doesn't in 2022) and a games room that is mostly available for use. Management is typically flexible and willing to work to accommodate your needs. The CEO is down-to-earth, polite, and respectful, and I genuinely believe that he means to do well.Now for the bad: The training in this place is just YIKES (at least where I was situated). If you cant handle mounds of OUTDATED "form-like" procedures being thrown at you and being expected to learn it, implement it, understand it, and figure out what to do in the case of it being inaccurate (which is most of the time), then this place IS NOT for you. The company prides itself on having a procedure for everything, but its problems are 1.)You can't ever find any of them on their super outdated and clunky internal platform 2.)When you do manage to find something after searching forever, it, more often than not, is outdated and inaccurate and leaves you with more questions than answers.There is always this underlying feeling that you're being watched/monitored by someone. Whether it's a casual side-eye as someone passes your work area or the hushing of conversations as you pass by. As friendly and trustworthy as people may come off, be guarded; remind yourself that these people have been with the company for many years and work FOR THE COMPANY, not you. The company doesn't take kindly to negativity, -

Insights into SpeedLine Solutions Inc.

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility

Great place to build up a career

SpeedLine is a great place to work and build up a career.I had my experience as a Support Technician and it helped me a lot to build all sorts of skills.They will give you solid training before sending you to the floor. And even after that, you always have a level two support available to help you with issues you have.Many technicians have been working with the company for a while, so even other techs were able to help me sometimes.The management team will always check on you and make sure that you are doing fine, and give you feedback on what you have been doing great and what can be improved. Also, they will always support you, and make sure you can find your way within the company to reach your goals.

Pros

Management team always available for anything, WFH available after training, Flexible schedules time. Good for those who prefer to work earlier or later in the day

Cons

2 weeks vacation, Remote training not available

A good place to get your start in IT

Speed gave me a good start in IT. You end up developing a broad range of skills. Pay is pretty lowManagement is excellent. If your fresh out of school these guys will give a good start.

Pros

Lots of opportunities to develop you skills

Cons

Pay is pretty poor

Good Company & Management with Growth Opportunities

I like working with this company and it offer great opportunity to grow in the company. This is a good place for anyone looking to learn and grow their career in fast paced industry.

Pros

Growth Opportunities, Management

WAS Super Excited to Work at Speedline!

Overall, the work environment is standard. My experience is only with the Sales & Marketing department. There was no possibility of success under their current Sales and Marketing Supervisor. There is a gross lack of experience to lead even team of 1. The role is to micromanage all aspects of your day - from the second you walk in to the second you leave. Sitting right at your desk beside you. Right down to how many pieces of paper you print. And then to report to the Main manager and then test you on your knowledge. Not help you, test you.I was extremely excited to work for them, until about a month into it. Then the true colors came blaring through. I lasted a month longer and called it quits. If I were a single parent, low income, single income etc and was forced to endure that environment, it would have been excruciating and detrimental to my overall wellbeing. In that short time, I didn't get a chance to know the rest of the teams very well (other departments) so I cannot speak about them -my interactions with them were always nice though. If looking for a positive working experience, keep looking. Under that supervision, you cannot succeed in the Sales department, regardless of effort, regardless of experience. A terrible experience for me for sure, with no knowledge gained other than my having to invoke my self worth and quit. Don't bother wasting your reference's valuable time on this opportunity. Sadly, you will just have to ask them again soon. Until middle management addresses these large gaps in their chain of command, and replaces their supervisor with one who -

Pros

Beautiful building - tons of washrooms, awesome eating spaces and lunch room, nice equipment, computers, desks etc

Cons

Poor processes, archaic processes, extreme redundancies, TECH company who works on Excel & Access as their main CRM, financial tracking platforms

Terrible management team

100% entry level. would not reccomendupper management uses lower management as scape goats for their short Commings. frequently firing managers causing employees to have to get used to new ways of life frequently.

A good work environment and career advancement

The management has an open door policy and easy to relate with, that's awesome. There is room to learn and grow. Relatively good benefits, flexible with work and family balance. It could be challenging at times but if you are a hard working person and always strive for the best and get rewarded, SpeedLine is a place to work.

Pros

Onboarding training, one on one mentoring, learning oppotunities, free parking and free coffee

Cons

None for now

Challenging but very fun job

It's always a new learning experience every time I go to work - each call is different and exciting. I think I will never get bored of this job. And there are lots of opportunities for advancement.

Pros

Incentive program for just meeting your job expectations, non-work initiatives you can join, occasional freebies

Cons

okay salary

Great Place to Work and Grow, harder than your typical support job.

Strongly recommended for any level 1 tech to get a job there and gain skills. Their version of "level 1" is at least level 2 elsewhere. The job requires you to learn and learn constantly. Expect to not actually know what you're doing for 5 months. And that's if you're a quick learner. They give you ample chances to learn, but you must be capable of doing so. It really shows with the overall quality of the support staff: definitely above average. The culture is such that as long you as you take the advice people offer and attempt to internalize it, you'll be fine. Learning is strongly encouraged, even if you're slow. It is those that can't learn that struggle. The pay raises are roughly inflation based, between 1-3% annually But to get that 3% you have to be both above average in skills, ambition, helpfulness, and stats. Their bonus program is surprisingly generous, about 120 to a max of about 350 per month. Takes a couple months to get good enough to claim it, however. And the top bonus is only if you're top5 out of about 25. Top 5 get their bonus doubled, otherwise about 160 is the cap. Growth within the company has several paths. Beyond Support technician the next step is almost always to Support Project Specialist. Handle fewer overall cases, but more larger projects. After that, several have gone into Development, and still others go into Management.

Great Place to work

I have been with SpeedLine for a number of years. I have developed great relationships with current and former employees. With SpeedLine you get monthly company events, WIFI, TV/Lounge for breaks, Coffee and Tea. SpeedLine has great Core Values that they live up too and hold everyone accountable to them.

A great place to work.

I really love working at SpeedLine. I've worked here for many years and I've developed a lot of great relationships with my co-workers. To me it feels like a family. We are expected to work hard but still have fun and strive to keep it a positive work environment. We have many company gatherings during work to help foster a positive, fun experience and to get to know each other better. I never stop learning and growing here which keeps me engaged and entertained. I always encourage other employees to strive for self improvement and continue to learn. The Management team is confident and tries to do what is best for the company yet take care of their employees. SpeedLine has a great set of values and strives to have employees that are accountable for their own actions, that continuously improve themselves, that have integrity, that respect others, that are good stewards and that can work as a team. The managers are always open and strive to communicate expectations and performance results to employees. Each department presents their own goals and achievements to the rest of the company allowing for transparency and a clear direction. There are many company amenities shared. There is a lounge, games room, coffee, tea and other refreshments provided free each day. There is employee WiFi and TV. You can basically cook a meal here if you want. You can eat your lunch at your desk in the games room, lounge or on a patio. We are close to high street and many places to pick up lunch if you prefer. It's a high-tech job that pays a fair salary and can help you -

Fun and Positive Work Enviroment

SpeedLine has a wonderful workplace culture. With the hard work you produce, there are rewards such as monthly workplace social events, a beautiful tv lounge and wifi for breaks. Management does their best though training to prepare you to do your best.

Pros

Fun monthly company events, free tea and coffee, wifi, and tv lounge for breaks

Excellent Culture. Genuine care for employees

SpeedLine makes you feel at home. A lot of employee engagement activities and they care about the community as well. I have been treated fairly from the start and they are consistent with showing the same care to everyone. More power to SpeedLine. The best company i have joined!

Great place to attain work/life balance and have some fun while working.

I'm very excited to be a member of the SpeedLine team. I'm treated with respect and very fairly. I have a voice in the mix. This is the best treatment I have ever received in working collaboratively with the team. I have been subjected to some pretty negative work environments and it is a breath of fresh air to be respected and enjoy getting up for work everyday. SpeedLine takes the time to ensure that new employees have an opportunity to become orientated to the company at a pace that promotes success. AND ITS FUN TO WORK HERE! Every month there is a fun event to bring employees together. I love the location and the patio/balcony that I can sit on and read the paper, helps me to reset. Oh and the free coffee, tea and fixings is a great budget boost. I feel good about bringing people on board with this great company, that has not always been the case.

Horrilble place to work

They provide minimal training then throw you to the wolves essentially. Was told by my manager that I was asking for help too often when I was 3 months in and just starting to grasp everything. And was consistently pestered about being .01 percent off of a pay for performance bonus. Asked for help in areas I felt I needed it, and was never provided any assistance. Never once felt like part of the "team".

Fantastic company

Fantastic company and management team. Came in with mostly customer service experience, and they pit the time and effort to teach me to become a better rep. Everything is in house, the trainer is knowledgeable and personable, and the CEO is just down the hall. If you have an interest in point of sale systems, I highly recommend you apply!

Great place to work,

Coworkers are great. Lots of fun joking around with peers. New building in the past year, games room, big lunch area, covered patio to sit on during breaks and lunches easy to get too, it's right off the highway and close to the mall if you want fast food. Extended health benefits offered with 50% company match on the cost New hire training is extensice and recursive training avaialble Interal posting and referral bonuses for outside hiring. Company sponsored events throughout the year- BBQ's, Ping Pong Tournament, Hiking, Foam Fest

Great People Great Company

In the almost 3 years I have been with SpeedLine I can honestly say its a great place to work and worth the 45 min commute I make into work each day. The work culture is forward thinking and challenges you on a daily basis which makes the efforts you put in feel so rewarding. In my experience the management have been great, Helped guide my career path and helped me grow through supported feedback. I have been in may teach jobs through out the years and the employees here are great to work with. great energy and at the same time professional. This has been a great experience and I am so happy I found SpeedLine easily one of the best employers I have worked for.

Pros

Great staff, Fair pay and career advancement

Cons

Dont cover MSP

Good place to work!

- Great work environment and great coworkers - Recently moved into a new building that was completely renovated and remodeled - Location is perfect as its right off the highway - Extended health benefits offered with 50% company match on the cost - Comprehensive training is offered to new employees and recursive training is available for existing employees as needed - New positions are posted internally or staff referrals sought - Love the extras such as free coffee, tea, iced tea, etc which are always available - Lots of company sponsored social events such as pancake breakfasts, bowling nights, hikes, BBQ's are thrown throughout the year with various options for food and games, which are held both during and outside of work hours

Cons

Doesnt pay MSP

Great Work Environment with excellent perks

The people I work with are just the best, love all the fun stuff we get to do . Pizza parties, BBQ's, the new game room is awesome and the Christmas party is always so much fun. Hours are steady and we get a review and a raise, if you deserve it, every year. Not like other places I worked. I would recommend working here if you are looking for a steady and stable employer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SpeedLine Solutions Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare SpeedLine Solutions Inc. with

SpeedLine Solutions Inc. reviews by location

Learn about SpeedLine Solutions Inc. in popular locations

• SpeedLine Solutions Inc.