SPEEDERS Indoor ProKarts Employee Reviews

My Favourite Job So Far
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 August 2018
I was going to leave because we had one bad manager, but he got fired and the CEO fixed all the staff issues. The new managers are great and very helpful. This place is good to work and gain lots of experience. Best part of the job is watching customers come in for a fun time and see them leave happy. I get great satisfaction from this.
Pros
Professional Management
Do yourself a favor and don't work here.
Reception (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 May 2018
Many months ago, I was you reading these reviews and despite how negative they were, I decided not to heed them because I needed the money. However, seriously, DON'T WORK HERE!

This is a fine job. Most of the people I had the chance to work with are very nice, I'm still friends with quite a few of them. It's really easy to bond when you have a common enemy (the owner). The customer base is very nice as well. It is a fine job.

The problem it has it's with its management. The two owners, or "General Managers", as they like to call themselves, aren't good people. They pretend to be, but the facade doesn't last more than 2 weeks after you start working here. They treated most of us like property and/or like very stupid children. They're even condescending towards the customers sometimes!

There is a consistent theme in all of the reviews of this place and is always a complaint about management and it is a fair complaint. These people lack respect, common decency and have a really short and nasty temper.

I'm certain that whatever good review they have on any website as a workplace, they wrote it themselves as they always keep an eye on reviews.

Seriously, find any other job, don't be tempted by the 13 dollars an hour, it's not worth it.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
It's a bad job
not fun, look elsewhere
Receptionist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC16 April 2018
work is stresful as often times theres too many customers and not enuff staff. i dont recommend it.its like the other reviews said..you have to figure it out on your own
Cons
too many shifts a week when i'm part time
don't bother
Pit Crew (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 April 2018
everyone is overworked including the manager and the owner does nothing about it. sad. so much potential for a fun place. other staff were great but i wouldnt waste time here.
Pros
zero
Cons
they don't pay overtime even when you've worked over 8 hours a day
Poorly run company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 April 2018
work is often very stressful due to shortage of staff (I wonder why people don't stick around)

they ask for $125 in uniform and equipment deposit (isn't this illegal?)
Pros
none lol
Cons
everything
Professionally run and good pay
Pit Crew (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 November 2017
Fun place to work at. You're always doing something and the managers really take good care of you and give you the proper training. Highest pay in the industry for customer service.
Highly recommend NOT working here.
Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
Speeders was a job experience I would greatly like to forget. The management team was incredibly disrespectful and uncaring about their own staff. This included being singled out and humiliated in front of other staff and even customers. Opportunity for advancement was in the job description, but if it was ever brought up. it would be ignored, over-looked, or was given an excuse to change the subject. Training was basically figure it out on your own, and if you didn't get that right, it was only your own fault. The discounts are very minor, extremely selective, and expire. The only way to move up in the company is to have a more intimate relationship with someone higher up. This company is a joke and the way they run things is very bias.
WOrk was FUN
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2016
Management was difficult, your best was never good enough. very tense working environment could not wait to leave. very very very high turnover rate
Pros
free race
Cons
no flexibility