SpeeDee Oil Change & Auto Service

SpeeDee Oil Change & Auto Service Employee Reviews

A typical day at Speedee included writing up cars for whatever service they needed, bringing the cars into the bays and then starting the 17 point oil change and making any recommendations the vehicle needed to the customer and then if approved proceeded to replace or perform the maintenance. I learned a lot working at speedee, including your basic knowledge of cars and how they "worked", mainly through just repetition on doing the oil changes and through a website they use to "certify" you. Other than that the training is very limited. The management at speedee included two managers and our boss. They all work pretty well with one another and the other coworkers, but it diffidently could be improved and have better communication. The hardest part of working at speedee was knowing there isn't much room to move up. You have your lube techs and then management, but its not like these spots just open up, they'd have to either quit or be fired for these positions to open up, so your stuck at making minimum wage. Ending this on a good note, working at speedee I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the job was the "family" feeling it gives you. That being because there is never more than 10 employees. So you get very close to everyone and its the slow times at work that everyone talking and just having a good time and laughing together that made the job 100% worth it!
Pros: There is a lot to learn. Good schedule

Cons: Hard work with no compensation. Management is not supportive. No holiday pay. Minimum staff. Poor annual evaluation.
Not a good place to work. At times you don't get paychecks due to the company didn't make enough money to pay all employees. They have ruined customers cars as in stripping out drain plugs, loose spark plugs, wrong oil, etc. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WANT A BAD RAP!!!
Unprofessional and racist work environment. Hours are inconsistent, go from working 5 days to 2 days very quickly. Management is callous and unprofessional. No legal breaks, not a single correctly timed break in my whole tenure. When I pressed coworkers about it, I was told to quit if it’s that big of an issue. If you have self respect for your work, do not waste your time working for these racist goons.
Its very slow it easy as well but mostly slow there work every other hour at the time when I started I washing use to it because I come from a fast pace job
Good staff, fast paced, and good management. Always promised my full time hours and learned a lot being in the company. Overall don't regret working for the company
Yes it was good but managers sucked and corporate sucked too expect to get screwed over tonight will not work there again learned a lot about cars and work ethic
It was okay. Be ready to work in hot or could. Some customers are great others not so much. You will get commission for what service you are able to sell.
Management tends to show favoritism towards certain employees they are friends with. Also employee satisfaction and happiness is often sacrificed for customer satisfaction, where I feel management should focus on satisfaction from all parties.
High energy levels and tools provided for great success.Highly competitive. Skills provided for development among employees. Company promoted integrity within the work place. Very motivated and positive attitude management support.
Stressful environment, guy complains to boss about stuff he’s doing as well, get blamed for stuff you didn’t do, low pay not enough for rent + bills never get a pay raise
On a daily there could be between 10 to 20 cars the pressure from the manager is very tuff to stay focused with in an fast pace environment, me being a manager for 4 years iv found out that if you dont inspire your workers there performance will show speedee needs to take a little more time with there compassion with their employees and they will get much better results with the turnover rate
Pros
Ok pay, great customer experience
Cons
Not Inspiring to employees
I don’t recommend working here. If you are not butt kissing the manager you won’t get acknowledged . The manager is very irresponsible . He lacks managerial skills. He yells at his female employees and he talks bad about them behind their backs. The guys goof around too much n blame each other for mistakes. They act like children. The owner knows what’s going on and he doesn’t care as long as they make sales and make him good earnings he’s happy. Some of the employees are high and they work like that. This place is very immature and unfair. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHOP!!!!! If you work 8 hrs you only get a 30 min lunch
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks, the manager yells at his employees when he coming down from his coke binge
Fun and supportive atmosphere. Not a whole lot of room for growth, but great starting point to get familiar with the industry. Pay is not the best and benefits are expensive and minimal.
I managed the shop , took care of all my customers , made the receipts , did inspections as well , it was a fun great field and area to work at , just do your job and it’s easy
Started as a courtesy tech, got promoted to hood tech without any sort of pay raise. Did the work of three employees while still making the same amount of money I started at. No room for growth. Rude management.
Pros
Job experience
Cons
Everything else
This is a customer service job and the only way to get a promotion or pay raise is to make the upper management feel like they are the customer. Everyone here likes to joke around and make each other mad so that they can make themselves look better. Employees cuss when a car pulls in the lot.
Pros
Steady paycheck.
Cons
Everything else.
Great place to work. Im an optimist. I built some great professional relationships with customers. And they would often speak to my manager just to compliment me in the service they recieved.
Pros
A lot of room to improve yourself.
Cons
Discouraging words that are said to inhibit your goals.
I spent my best times at this job. The customers are the best. The staff got along like family members. It always made me put a smile on my face knowing I was going to be able to help someone who wanted help and it felt great when they came back and asked for you by name or say hi to you when you are out in the community because SpeeDee always does right by their customers and it makes you feel good to know you work at a place your neighborhood trusts.
Pros
Time off if there is a family emergency
Cons
Breaks are sometimes too short if you have an errand to run
Good job / good pay. It was a short time job that payed very well i got very good hours and good checks. I also got some very good tips. People were nice .
Not a good place to work, Terrible prioritizing, cut throat bonus program, low employee morale, very high turnover rate, no advancement or pay increase
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SpeeDee Oil Change & Auto Service. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6