SpeeDee Oil Change & Auto Service Employee Reviews

Family oriented place
Greeter/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NC4 February 2019
I spent my best times at this job. The customers are the best. The staff got along like family members. It always made me put a smile on my face knowing I was going to be able to help someone who wanted help and it felt great when they came back and asked for you by name or say hi to you when you are out in the community because SpeeDee always does right by their customers and it makes you feel good to know you work at a place your neighborhood trusts.
Pros
Time off if there is a family emergency
Cons
Breaks are sometimes too short if you have an errand to run
Good place to work in
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, RI29 November 2018
Good job / good pay. It was a short time job that payed very well i got very good hours and good checks. I also got some very good tips. People were nice .
Terrible prioritizing, cut throat bonus's, low employee morale
Technician (Former Employee) –  North Attleboro, MA17 October 2018
Not a good place to work, Terrible prioritizing, cut throat bonus program, low employee morale, very high turnover rate, no advancement or pay increase
poor management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LA30 July 2018
management is terrible. horrible pay, no health benefits, manager talks to employee's like they are trash. scheduled for 40 hours but are forced to take and unpaid 30 minute break. sent home when the business is slow.
Pros
Cons
see review
A productive and fun work place
State Inspector (Former Employee) –  University Park, TX23 July 2018
The owner is a good man who takes care of his employees. The customers were friendly and many of them were regulars. It was a good shop and it was kept very clean. 10/10 would work there again.
Can be fun with my co workers
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CA 9455128 June 2018
I cashed out customers, processed time sheets, ordered office supplies, helped clean up the lobby area, opened sometimes and closed sometimes. Counted out the cash drawers.
Pros
Liked working part-time and dealing with the customers
Cons
Owner was not in compliance with the main franchises company
Great to start out with as a job
Courtesy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NC14 May 2018
Not really wanting to work with temporary positions. As a college student my education comes first and that means I can only work a few months out of the year however I was not allowed any advancement options, they kept me in the position the entirety event though I was ready to do more things.
Pros
Car Culture; Cool co-workers
Cons
When busy its fine but once its slow is when its stressful.
Employees overworked and miserable.
Lube Technician/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA21 April 2018
Worked non-stop from 8 am to 6 pm. Was put on lunch for a 5 min restroom break. Assisted manager at the time did no work. If manager did not like you're opinion, that person would get sent home
Pros
Learned how to do everything.
Cons
Very exhausted work with little rewards.
Productive workplace with a quick-paced environment
Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ensenada, Baja California20 April 2018
A typical day at work consisted on diagnose and repair brakes, alignments, suspensions, perform tune-up services, oil change, filters. Install batteries. Perform tire maintenance.
Fast paced great work enviorment.
Customer Service and Sales, Open and Close Shop (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CA 9535519 April 2018
Great place to enter the field not much room to move up however. managment changed multiple times during my time there which made for lots of changes in work procedures.
Old Owner reflected views
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NC10 April 2018
the manager who influenced my views on the establishment is no longer there. I dont know how its changed in 10 years. they may no longer use office managers.
Great Place to work
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NC4 April 2018
Great place to work, wonderful people. Family owned and family oriented. It is a wonderful place to grow, learn and learn to like working. It is managed by the most amazing couple. Couldn't work for better people.
Owner (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC12 February 2018
Great place to work. Good hours, competitive pay. Great management support. Friendly culture where everyone was willing to help. Excellent training and movement potential.
Productive and Chalanging
Lead Technician/ Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LA11 February 2018
This job is great, having an awesome concept of customer to technician relationship. Of course this concept can be challenging but for those individuals who crave honesty and personal honor in the performance of automotive service and maintenance this is the best possible scenario. Customers are allowed to watch technicians work on their automobiles and the technicians liaise directly with the customers generally only bringing in management for the toughest situations.
Pros
Great career advancement opportunities
Cons
Sometimes the most menial tasks must be performed by the most skilled tech
Productive and fun workplace
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MA3 February 2018
Great place! Manager is awesome!
8 hour work days
learn a lot about the automotive industry
fun and productive workplace
most enjoyable part of job was coworkers
poor work envirnment
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NC30 January 2018
High Turnover, no benefits, no raise. Hostile. Had to work every Saturday. People would be brought in at a higher rate of pay but would never stay. Owners would do what they wanted and did not care about the employees.
zero to one hundred
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA19 January 2018
I have been responsible for not only being the lead mechanic/technician, but also opening and closing the shop. For about 2 years i worked 7 days a week, just recently dropping down to 6 days. Always felt guilty about asking for time off, also could not afford to do so.
Pros
I love being a mechanic
Cons
No time with my family/significant other
good place to work for experience
Auto Lube Technichian (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MA11 January 2018
good place to experience with auto mechanics, able to learn how to multi task in a fast paced environment. learned how to work with people that have different personalities that you might not really get along with outside of the work place,.
Pros
experience
Cons
pay is not great for the amount of work you do
Stressful at times.
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, VA16 December 2017
I like the people and the work is okay. No advancements though. The management is decent. Great people to work for. Long hours and fast paced. No real benefits.
Great place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Bruno, CA 940662 November 2017
Provide great training and allow me to learn more about the different components of a car and how to maintain a car well. Management is accommodating and provide a good work environment. They taught me a lot about the products and the type of service we do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SpeeDee Oil Change & Auto Service. Our community is ready to answer.